Who should go to The Euro?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's attach poll FM
For sure top-form players at this moment.
Who your final drama-queen choice for Euro 2008?

1.Mr.Choker
2.Mr.Nutcase
3.Both of them

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Both :pp

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Poll added, and I voted both ofcourse. I am hoping Cassano will be able to be chosen after he shows he can behave, then its obviously both.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Instead of doing the moronic thing and calling Perrotta who is out of form and sucking big time... we may aswell call the extra fantasista. 5 midfielders plus Camoranesi is enough as this is what Lippi bought to 2006.

Also if Fiorentina were to win the UC and Montolivo plays a big part he must be called somewhere too... and considering the injury of Aquilani and the possibility of him being out for the remainder of the season, Id consider this call instead of him. My team always changes, but at this moment:

Buffon, Amelia, Abbiatti

Zambrotta, Panucci, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Barzagli, Gamberini, Chiellini, Grosso

Camoranesi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, De Rossi, Montolivo (or Aquilani if fit)

Del Piero, Cassano, Di Natale, Borriello, Toni, Iaquinta.

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
Being fit now means nothing. Zidane or Ronaldo, real stars of the international football, contrarily to il "Vero Fenomeno" mentioned here, have often had poor fitness just before the world cup or other international tournaments. Serie A is hardly a test, now less than in the past. Are you telling me that a defense with Carrozzieri and Manfredini in the middle can be a test?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
ONLY Cassano. And I feel strongly that it should be ONLY him. Time to leave the past in the past.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
There is no point leaving someone in the past when that player is the most in-form player of Serie A at the present. Aside from this Del Piero has proven more in his career than nearly every player in our squad. One of the leading ever CL goalscorers, has still scored nearly 30 goals in the NT... I will be the first to admit he has sucked for us in the past in some crucial games, but for Juve he has still been one of their best ever players and probably their best player of this season.

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
There is no point leaving someone in the past when that player is the most in-form player of Serie A at the present. Aside from this Del Piero has proven more in his career than nearly every player in our squad. One of the leading ever CL goalscorers, has still scored nearly 30 goals in the NT... I will be the first to admit he has sucked for us in the past in some crucial games, but for Juve he has still been one of their best ever players and probably their best player of this season.
Ok, Osman hacked Deano's account...

1- he is not the most in form player of serie A at present just cause he scored a hattrick to a team with no ambition, without their leader (Doni) and with a center backs duo Carrozzieri-Manfredini
2- he has not proven shit with the NT even if he had plenty of chances ("more than any player in our squad", to quote you)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
ToniSamp you go on a crusade about how Cassanio should be called to the NT because of his form this season... yet Cassano plays in the same league as Del Piero and you feel Del Piero shouldnt be called despite his great form of Serie A. Sure Del Piero has failed in the past, but he also has a normal brain and would even settle for a bench role with Italy. At this moment I dont think we, Italy, have a better player who can come off the bench and stay calm for most the championship. He did this in the World Cup and 2 years older, he will do the same here. Cassano a bench player? I am unsure of his reaction. Like I said, I would call both... because they are both in-form and useful for this squad.

Not forgetting despite his failiures in the past, Del Piero has also been a great player in the CL, unlike Cassano.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I am way more afraid of Del Piero causing ruckus in the team for being benched than Cassano. Del Piero has weight with his fellow players, that is why. Remember back to Euro 2004 and who was it that caused ruckus after the first game? It was a few veterans, namely Pirlo & Gattuso, that complained, not Cassano or any youngster.

Ever since Del Piero showed his true side against Germany by punching into the air after his goal, I knew that his national team performances from then on would be more for his personal crusade than helping the team. He must stay home or there will be trouble in the ITaly camp.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think at this point Del Piero would be happy to go... Unfortunately I hope Donadoni doesnt start him though, because I get the feeling Donadoni may start him on the left of a 3, where he sucks, this would be a mistake. DP should be added incase of tactical changes and so on.

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
ToniSamp you go on a crusade about how Cassanio should be called to the NT because of his form this season...yet Cassano plays in the same league as Del Piero and you feel Del Piero shouldnt be called despite his great form of Serie A.
No, because he is overall better no matter what is the fitness. More, Cassano is 26, while Del Piero is 33. How many granpa have we to bring to the Euro?

Deano said:
Sure Del Piero has failed in the past, but he also has a normal brain and would even settle for a bench role with Italy.
Are you sure? He has never settled for a bench role.

Deano said:
At this moment I dont think we, Italy, have a better player who can come off the bench and stay calm for most the championship. He did this in the World Cup and 2 years older, he will do the same here. Cassano a bench player? I am unsure of his reaction. Like I said, I would call both... because they are both in-form and useful for this squad.
whenever he came off the bench he did zilch, excluded one useless goal just before the whistle vs Germany. When he started, vs Australia, he played for 10 minutes then disappeared. The fact that he is very fit now doesn't mean that he will be very fit in three months and if he is not very fit he is absolutely useless, even for 10 minutes, cause he is too slow as a supporting forward, unless there is a FK or a PK, or all the opponents are on holiday.

Not forgetting despite his failiures in the past, Del Piero has also been a great player in the CL, unlike Cassano.
Yes, mostly in the 90s... when he was young, healthy and Agricola gave him cocktails of medicals.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Ever since Del Piero showed his true side against Germany by punching into the air after his goal, I knew that his national team performances from then on would be more for his personal crusade than helping the team. He must stay home or there will be trouble in the ITaly camp.
:howler:

Wow, some people will conjure up anything to justify their argument.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
I am way more afraid of Del Piero causing ruckus in the team for being benched than Cassano. Del Piero has weight with his fellow players, that is why. Remember back to Euro 2004 and who was it that caused ruckus after the first game? It was a few veterans, namely Pirlo & Gattuso, that complained, not Cassano or any youngster.

:dielaugh:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
What part of my statement is false? If I am telling incorrect statements or lies let me know. Otherwise it's a perfectly valid interpretation.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts