Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people say that del piero does not play as well as he played t2 years ago......
but i say that he doesn't score so many goals as he has changed possition
two years ago he was a pure striker
but today he is more of an chance creater!!
any way i want u're comments on what u think!!
ale is great and FORZA JUVE!!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Alex certainly is great but don't be that biased. He scored last week and he's never made more assists that this season, but that still doesn't take him to the heights of 2 seasons ago.
He has performed better in the second half of the tournament, and let's all hope that he can continue along those lines. Maybe next season he will provide all the magic he has got to give.
Until then I will support him as a great player, and an important player to Juve, but not like the world beater he were then.

Ciao.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glenn..
if u understood my letter i was saying that delpiero for me has changed role from what he was 2 years ago... from striker to assist man, and obviosly now he will not be the world beater he used to be (like davids is not considered to be a world beater for 1 simple reason....he doesn't score that much...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I believe I understood You post perfectly well, I just think Your playmaker theory is an excuse (involuntary maybe :))to cover the fact that he hasn't scored much.
He plays in the striker role as he did before- the only difference is that he hasn't had the confidence so far to shoot from the distance or attack the opponent defences as directly as he used to do.
Hopefully he can summon that kind of confidence again.

Ciao.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
soo....
yes its true that he is not shooting ....
it started 2 years ago whan everyshot was a great one......
its called being scared to put down u're rating.
but when zizou came the difference is that in attack there is now only one reference point that is inzaghi.
while del piero often but not comes down to the hight of zidane as 2nd punta.....
he also plays much wider(as i'm sure u noticed )than inzaghi and therefore comes very often to be considered an attaching winger .i never said that he is a superstar(although i still believe it)
but he make the hell of a difference when it comes to the effect he makes on teamwork
classical example=last year we were first...till when ale got injured
it must mean something that we then ended up as badly as we all know!!!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Yes Alex is definately important, but more important last year was the fact taht both Zizou, Inzaghi, Amoroso, Esnaider and Fonseca were all injured for big parts of the season, and even more importantly Juve made a rare mamagement mistake of keeping Lippi on after he went public with his decision to move to Inter after the season.
Even Mr. Teamspirit himself Didier Dechamps said that was a turning point.

I agree that Del piero drifts wide on many occasions, but honestly- he has always done that. Previously he used it as the starting point of his darting runs towards the penalty area which often resulted in a shot from the left hand corner of the area towards the far post, but sadly he hasn't tried that on many occasions this season. I suppose that was his trademark move, and, again, I hope we will see more of that next season. I refuse to believe that he has forgotten it.

Ciao.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I totally agree with u Glen & its exactly what I wouldve said. He doesn't have the confidence to take on defenders like he used to so he passes it instead. Its frustrating for me,him and his fans to see him in the role of supporting striker. But he wasnt himself throughout the season, so it probally was the right descision( even though I didnt like it). Remember early this season in the 0-0 match vs Lazio, in which we dominated. Del Piero had some easy chances but on each instance he didnt look confident or had enough power on his shots. Yuan I agree with your point but not fully, contradictive! I mean how much time can u give him. I honestly think DP will be back sooner than later, but then again people might think different.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think that once Juve get going in the CL, DP will turn it on, BIG TIME!!! He'll certainly stay fit this summer, due to Euro 2000, and will be fired up for the HUGE season ahead of him in 2000-01. Don't worry, he'll soon be thrashing defenders like he used to :) :) :) :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts