Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/21/2005 2:12:00 PM

The agent of Juventus striker Alessandro Del Piero has insisted that clubs will be queuing up to sign the player, when his contract expires in 2008.

The Italian international has been linked with a move away from the Bianconeri in recent weeks, but insists he is staying put.

"When his contract expires, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United are first in the queue, followed by a number of Japanese clubs," said agent Mario Miyakawa.

The player himself added: "Am I in decline? If that is true then why does the club continue to invest money in a product that doesn’t work?

"I’ve just read I’m going to Palermo in exchange for Cesare Bovo. With all respect, I’m staying at Juventus until 2008."

www.goal.com

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
To be frank, Japan or Palermo sounds far more likely than Real Madrid, Chelsea or Man Utd.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Japan!!

damn, i'd prefer him to hang up his boots then to play in the j-league :yuck:

·
Administrator
53,052 Posts
Haha thats the funniest shit,that he is going to Palermo for the halfshare of Bovo's contract.He's agent is Japanese?No wonder those rumours are so frequent.

I dont care about the rumours of wich ever club he goes to in the future,I hope that day doesnt come soon if ever.Yeah I'm not being rational about it,but I dont want to see him in another shirt.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sell him to the highest bidder, Mr. Moggi.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I want him too stay! Juventus won't be the same with out Del Piero. His contract has 2 years left who is saying that he can't regain his form in 2 years?
He has scored some goals this season he might not have that huge of a presence on the field like he used too but he still scores goals. This transfer talk is just nonsense. Juventus = Del Piero :proud:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Considering Del Piero being a fan favorite more than anyone else and the fact that he is totally synonymous with all things Juve I think Moggi is going to think twice before getting rid of him. He sells Juve merchandise.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
He has plenty admirers Elton John,George Michael,Giorgio armani. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Hm, frankly, I begin to think that DP is starting to lose the support of the fans (mainly in Europe) that has much with his form of course. Well, the people are not that naive to continue to believe in DP as if he was a holly cow. Honestly, I dont have problems with DP leaving Juve. At least with his "ala-I-'still'-can-regain-my-form-attitude".

I'm tired.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alex-10 said:
I want him too stay! Juventus won't be the same with out Del Piero. His contract has 2 years left who is saying that he can't regain his form in 2 years?
For two reasons:

(1) If he hasn't regained his form in the past 6 years, why should he regain it now?!

(2) He's not getting any younger or fitter.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Raptor said:
For two reasons:

(1) If he hasn't regained his form in the past 6 years, why should he regain it now?!

(2) He's not getting any younger or fitter.
(1) Different coach & competion for an Italy spot and Juve's starting 11!

(2) He's definately not getting younger & he has 100% match fitness but he doesn't give 100% on the field. He is just in bad form that's all.

·
Registered
60,526 Posts
Qatar would suit him fine.

The J-league aint bad by the way, Del Piero wouldn't exactly set the world alight there.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Qatar or Dubai would be a TOTAL disgrace to the guy! Believe me I saw George Weah numerous times here and what his endless depression did to him. It wasn't pretty and I sure as hell wouldn't want to see Del Piero go through the same.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
From Italy to Qatar definately a no no sorry,Alex needs to keep playing and he will have a side that will certainly take him if he doesn't find his feet at Juve.But going somewhere like Qatar would be a big X as I see it.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Alex-10 said:
(1) Different coach & competion for an Italy spot and Juve's starting 11!
Im not sure competition for Italy's spots is new to DP, but at Juve it is new to him. We will see how he responds. His future is in his hands, not Juve's.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
polaris said:
Im not sure competition for Italy's spots is new to DP, but at Juve it is new to him. We will see how he responds. His future is in his hands, not Juve's.
Yes of course but I meant Del Piero has competition for a place for the World Cup in 2006. I know he want's to be a part of the Italian squad but there is players playing better than him and playing more regularly like Montella, Vieri, Totti, Toni etc. I agree with what you wrote especially the writing in bold.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He has no place for the WC 2006, the only chance is if Lippi want him for friendship.....there is a lot of forwards right now in Italy: Montella, Cassano, Totti, Vieri, Gilardino, Toni....

But he could make some contribution to Juve...it´s a shame to see him in the bench, but is worst see him in the pitch and doing nothing...it´s like Raul in Real Madrid, you saw Real and think "How is possible that a player like Raul is in the first 11 and Owen in the bench?"...the same thing will think others about Juve.....

The other thing is his high wage...4.5 millions per year for a player that make no contribution for the team? with this money we could buy one great player or at least 2 decents....I want to see him in Juve, but with a lower wage...i know that he make contribution in publicity..but is this enough to pay his salary?...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
He's not worthy of bringing to the World Cup,Italy have to look to players like Pirlo,Cassano,Miccoli,Gilardino etc DP has had his go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts