Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Del Piero has admitted to the rift formed between him and Pippo according to an article posted in Onefootball.com.

The article says:

Alessandro del Piero has admitted that his relationship with former Juventus team-mate Filippo Inzaghi got so bad that manager Carlo Ancelotti was forced to intervene.

"I don't hate him, but it happened," admitted Del Piero. "Ancelotti had to sort us out."

The pair formed Juve's strike partnership during a highly successful spell in the late 1990s, but off the pitch they barely exchanged a word.

I am hoping this might play in Baggio's favor if this rift is bad enough to damage the solidarity of Italy's chances. DP denies that there wasn't any hatred between the two, but I'll bet there is. The rest of the article focused on Inzaghi who still denies that there was any rift.

DP also had some encouraging words for Baggio's chances to make it into the WC.

The article says:

And Del Piero, who has been one of Baggio's main rivals for the Italy No 10 shirt in recent years, insisted that he was delighted to see 'the divine ponytail' back among the goals so soon after recovering from an knee operation.

"What he did on Sunday was really beautiful and I think it surprised everyone," said the Juve star.

"Everyone talks about us having this big rivalry. It started four years at France '98, but the fact is that I have a lot of respect for him and I always want him to do well."

Del Piero also insisted that squad selection was not cut and dried. "It has not yet been decided that I will be going to the World Cup and he won't," he said.

"I am in the squad at the moment because I deserve to be after the way I have played for my club and for the Azzurri recently. But Baggio still has two matches left to prove Trap that he is wrong."

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I remember April fools day last year when someone used this as a joke, looked like it turned out for real :D

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
the pippo thing is old, but it was obvious in teh last season with juve they hated each other.

i doubt that traps will drop dp or inzaghi because of their rifs and stuff.

hopefully inzaghi gets dropped though, along with del vecchio :D

Del Piero likes baggio, and i think they get along well as they are always together when they are training in the same squad.

baggio making the WC wont put pressure on any player i think, just his presence will be great for the others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Del piero n Inzaghi........lol this is a hell funny:))........hope they bcome friends and win the world cup for italy :)......

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Excellent idea, Ariel. Now, could you communicate that to them? :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
One guy hardly scores and only fools are still thinking he's suddenly going to become a super star just before the WC. The other, needs to always be at the right place at the right time with an exceptional midfield constantly feeding him chance after chance. Even then, he end's up missing most chances. Italy, by the way, still does not have a top midfield. A better midfield indeed, but not top notch. Hence, Italy needs strikers that can create some of there own chances or they are going to pay a heavy price. I'm almost certain of this.

·
Registered
93 Posts
LOL!! Very true! :D
Montella is 100 times better than Inzaghi and Baggio a 1000 times better than D.P.

Italy's midfield sucks and always has, they rely on their strikers to score one goal in the beginning and then sit back and defend that lead untill the end. We all saw how that worked out in the Euro 2000 final. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmmm.....montella better than inzaghi?.....imo not......inzaghi will score the most no of goals for italy!montella is good but sucks @ the national level!

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
ariel_arnal_ort said:
hmmm.....montella better than inzaghi?.....imo not......inzaghi will score the most no of goals for italy!montella is good but sucks @ the national level!

:howler:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I hope Marco Di Vaio goes to the World Cup he's got excellent talent and ball skills,And I think hes very underrated and he is as capable as Inzaghi.Perhaps he along with Montella can be the key for Italy.;)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Italy's actual strikers - Vieri, D.P, Montella, Pippo and Delvecchio.
Who I would take - Vieri, D.P, Montella, Di Vaio, and Baggio.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
What do you guys think about Maccarone? I reckon he will be a real star one day. Looks like Empoli might be promoted to Serie A so we will see him there next year. When he cam on against England he was so gonna score until James fouled him :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts