Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Del Piero almost ready
Wednesday 24 March, 2004

Alessandro Del Piero is set to return to the Juventus first team for the April 10 game against Lazio.

The Italian star has been out of action since March 9 with a calf strain but he’s reacting well to treatment.

The Azzurri international underwent further tests today and medics are confident he will be back in the next 15 days.

The Bianconeri hope that he will be available for the Lazio clash. If he doesn’t make that game then he will definitely be available for the April 18 tie at Parma.

channel4.com

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
maybe cuz its too late and juve cant win anything whether he is there or not now.

when he returns, him getting fit and form will only benefit the national team.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It is obviously that he is useless for the team.:( But I still think he is one of the most important player for Juventus. God bless him.:angel:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Del Piero back for Juve Wednesday 7 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero is on the verge of being at the disposal of Juventus after he resumed full training.

The Italian ace has been absent for the last month after picking up a thigh strain in the 1-0 loss to Deportivo La Coruna.

Del Piero played in his first practice game since the injury yesterday and had no subsequent problems.

Boss Marcello Lippi will decide this week whether to place the captain on the bench for the game against Lazio.

If he isn¡¯t fit enough for Saturday¡¯s clash then he will almost certainly return at the Tardini against Parma.

Pavel Nedved is still a doubt for the weekend as he has fitness issues to resolve before his former club visit Turin.

Both Lilian Thuram and Ciro Ferrara should be available though after they completed training on Monday.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Del Piero back in action Thursday 15 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Del Piero could feature against Parma this weekend after successfully completing a practice match today.

The Juventus star, who has been sidelined for 38 days with a thigh strain, scored twice in a 7-2 win over Sanremese.

Although he still looks short of fitness, he could be named as one of the substitutes at the Stadio Tardini on Sunday.

The No 10 picked up the problem during the 1-0 home defeat to Deportivo La Coruna in the Champions’ League.

He now has just over a month to get back to his best in order to be available for Italy at Euro 2004.

The other Juventus scorers today included David Trezeguet, Enzo Maresca and Fabrizio Miccoli who netted a hat-trick.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lecce return for Alex Monday 19 April, 2004

Alessandro Del Piero is confident that he will feature in Juventus’ next League game against Lecce.

The Italian, who has just recovered from a thigh strain, was one of the substitutes for the 2-2 draw at Parma yesterday but he wasn’t used by boss Marcello Lippi.

"I felt ready physically but the early injury to Alessio Tacchinardi complicated things for us," he told his website.

"However, I think that I could be back next Sunday in the game against Lecce. There are four games left and we are looking to win them all.

"I was happy with the team’s performance at Parma which proved to be a really tough game for both sides.

"My teammates put in an excellent performance, showing real grit and determination plus plenty of character."

Juventus twice came from behind to salvage a point thanks to an injury time header from Igor Tudor.

channel4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
polaris said:
good. At least there are options other than Di Vaio now. :rolleyes:
I don't ssee why you're so cynical against Di Vaio?For example he was'nt that pathetic against Parma apart from that dreadful miss at the end.Look at the goal he scored and some of the moves he was involved in.
If anything point the finger at Trezeguet,He swallowed up chances that even Inzaghi would've gulped up.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Del Piero targets second Wednesday 21 April, 2004

Alex Del Piero says he’s ready to help Juventus in their quest to finish second in Serie A this term.

The Italian has been sidelined for the last month with a thigh injury but expects to feature against Lecce on Sunday.

"I’m in good shape," said the Italian. "I was already available for the Parma game last week but now I’m even fitter.

"I want to make a contribution to the side in the last four games because our season is not over just yet.

"We want to finish second which would be important as we would then avoid the Champions’ League preliminaries next season."

Juventus are currently third, three points behind Roma. But that gap could be increased this evening if the Giallorossi don’t lose to Lazio.

Del Piero will also use the last month of the campaign to prove his fitness to Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

There are fears that the attacker may not be selected for Portugal but the No 10 insists he’ll be there. "I will go to the European Championships," he maintained.

channel4

·
Registered
210 Posts
gba said:
Alex comes back after the injury and SCORES!!!!!!!!!!! Almost a winner . Forza Alex !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Story of his life :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
I meant the goal in the game, not him! If Alex isn't a winner, I don't know who is.... under "Winner" in the dictionary there's a picture of Del Piero holding Scudetti, Italian Cup and CL titles...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was joking man..

gba said:
I meant the goal in the game, not him! If Alex isn't a winner, I don't know who is.... under "Winner" in the dictionary there's a picture of Del Piero holding Scudetti, Italian Cup and CL titles ...

He has only won 1.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts