Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Del Neri in Juve call Wednesday 17 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chievo boss Gigi Del Neri has told Juventus that he is ready to replace Marcello Lippi at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

"I¡¦m not a youngster anymore so it is now or never for me," he told Radio Verona in an interview.

"I feel ready to answer the Juventus call as they are coming to the end of a great winning era.

"Being in charge of a side like that would be very difficult but also intriguing. As would a move to any of the top sides.

"But if nothing happens in the summer then I will be happy to stay at Chievo. In fact I would happily remain here for the rest of my career."

Del Neri is a leading candidate to take over from Lippi if he does quit in Turin at the end of the season.

The media is convinced that he is set to take charge of the Italian national team after the 2004 European Championships.

Juve director general Luciano Moggi is known to be a fan of Del Neri. While fellow officials Roberto Bettega and Antonio Giraudo like the look of Parma¡¦s Cesare Prandelli.

Monaco boss Didier Deschamps, a former Juventus player, is also being linked with the position.

channel4

==========

rumors say that he is a leading candidate for the juve's coaching job if lippi quits...so do u guys want him??

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Platini has Didier doubts Friday 19 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus legend Michel Platini believes that Didier Deschamps is too inexperienced to Coach the Old Lady.

The Monaco boss has been linked with a move to Turin should Marcello Lippi quit the club this summer.

Yet Platini has told a French newspaper that the former Bianconeri midfielder is not ready for the job.

"This is not the right time for him to take charge of Juventus," he is quoted as saying in L¡¦Equipe.

"He could certainly be an option in a few years time but I don¡¦t think he is ready right now for Italy.

"It is one thing to be in charge of a club like Monaco and quite another Coaching in Turin, where there is great pressure on and off the pitch.

"Before he goes and sits on the bench at the Delle Alpi he needs to gain a little more experience."

Speculation is mounting that Lippi could take charge of the Italian national side after the 2004 European Championships.

But Deschamps is not the only contender to take over at the club. Parma¡¦s Cesare Prandelli and Gigi Del Neri of Chievo are also possible targets.

channel4

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
but is del neri all that much more experienced? he hasnt got european experience has he?

everyone being linked to us isnt all that experienced come to think of it. Vialli only in england. Prandelli hasnt really that much.

in the end, i dont see it playing a major part of the decision. i think deschamps being younger could have some good ideas and he could freshin up the team abit more.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Deschamps? Maybe...

Not a bad choice, but I say is Zaccheroni is available, Juve should snap him up.

He may be doing poorly at Inter, that doesn't matter.

Because of their terrible upper-level management, that club is a graveyard for quality players and coaches.

Zac is class, with top-level experience.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Zaccheroni had success at milan. he did poorly at lazio i thought and at inter, well, who doesnt do poorly so we cant blame him there.

if zac has been added to the list, then i think Carlo Mazzone should as well. i think he is a legend.:D

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Yes! Zaccheroni is an excellent choice. I mean milan only got rid of him the year after winning the scudetto because he was interista I guess, so please snatch him from Inter. Our current 4 game losing streak it´s cuper´s fault.

One thing that would be a total nightmare is if Juve signs Cuper and he start winning everything now that would hurt :depress: but it wont happend thank god. Zac is the man you need! If you dont believe me as Diavolo.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Whoa...Go take Zac by all means. I'll pay for his ticket to Turin, first class and the whole deal. Zac the man is not quality. He's garbage and if you want him ,go ahead

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Zaccheroni is not garbage at all although he ain't no first choice either. He did good at Milan, winning a scudetto, and there's no reason to believe he couldn't reiterate such feat in an appropriate sphere. Inter turns everything they touch into shambles.

What were Lippi's credentials when he took over at Juventus? Lack of experience isn't exactly undisregardable an argument to judge a coach, it's ideas that matter... Del Neri and Prandelli could both do great.

That however is not saying Deschamps is no longer top priority.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Zac...

My fiancee said that Zac was excellent at Udinese ....

I would personally prefer Deschamps, but given that Plantini has gone public saying he doesn't have enough experience, I kind of doubt he'll be coming next year.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You don't want Zac. Please for your own good. HE is too offensive. Too offensive. He plays people out of position and prefers to put wingbacks in teh center of defense. Ever since coming to Inter, he ahs not changed the Cuper philsophy of htiting a long ball and asking VIeri to run after it. It's just that he does it a lot more than Cuper did, or in other words, more offensive.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Zac is simply awful, he sucked at Lazio, he had a great squad and still managed to lose the Derby 1:5 mostly because of his ridiculous tactics. Then he went to Inter and is trying to break records for losses in a row. One Scudetto won mostly because of luck(how many last minute winners Milan scored this year) and a very good spell at udinese doesn't make him a great coach at all.

So I'd love to see him in Juve, but Moggi is too samrt for that.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Demandred said:
Zac is simply awful, he sucked at Lazio, he had a great squad and still managed to lose the Derby 1:5 mostly because of his ridiculous tactics. Then he went to Inter and is trying to break records for losses in a row. One Scudetto won mostly because of luck(how many last minute winners Milan scored this year) and a very good spell at udinese doesn't make him a great coach at all.

So I'd love to see him in Juve, but Moggi is too samrt for that.
Why the hell would Lippi leave? We would take Lippi anyday of the week at Inter.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
umm, he was at inter...and lippi failed there just like the others. what does that say about the club?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts