Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Del Neri: Chievo is my future Monday 8 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luigi Del Neri has dropped his biggest hint that he will remain at Chievo Verona next season.

The Italian tactician was rumoured to be set to leave the northern club in favour of a switch to one of the big Italian sides, but that is now looking increasingly unlikely.

"My future looks like it will be here with Chievo. And if I remain then I will still be in charge of a great side," he said after the 1-1 draw with Milan on Sunday.

"If I did sign a contract extension here and a big club came knocking then I would be allowed to leave. But seeing as there are no talks in progress, but only journalistic speculation, I think I will be staying here."

The former Empoli boss met with President Luca Campedelli on Friday to start initial talks for next season.

Del Neri had been linked with a number of sides including Lazio, Juventus and Parma.

However, the first two look set to stay faithful to their current Coaches while the Gialloblu are expected to appoint Cesare Prandelli.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts