Xtratime Community banner

Del Horno studs up on Messi - was it a red?

• Yes.

Votes: 147 75.4%
  • No.

Votes: 48 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first one, below, is where Asier Del Horno lunged studs up into Lionel Messi's knee. Is it a straight red?

My ****ing word it was.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Which one are we talking about? The first one that wasn't even whistled or the second one that got Del Horno sent off?

The latter deserves a yellow, but the former is a straight red. No ifs nor buts.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
The first was a red and that deserves a huge seuspension,the second just a yellow but he should've been off the pitch by then and obviously was out there for a reason to hurt someone. :irritate:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kaiser Franco said:
Which one are we talking about? The first one that wasn't even whistled or the second one that got Del Horno sent off?
The first one, the studs up one.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Think about the second tackle, if he didnt jump knee again. I guess hes supposed to just stand there and take the tackle, especially after 5 minutes earlier nearly being put out for the season but for a few lucky degrees.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It was a yellow for me, highly reminiscent of Van Nistelrooy's on Ashley Cole last season. The only reason I wouldn't have said it was a red was because he got a large chunk of the ball, and Messi had the speed of thought and limb to turn quickly to avoid damage having a stationary leg. For me, the cumulative effect of those two actions showed that he was rattled by Messi, was behaving recklessly and thus a danger on the field. Red. Correct decision. :D

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
The later deseves a Yellow... true

The first one... the Blue Guy went for the ball and got the ball. Nothing wrong about it... maxmimum is high boot... but it isnt high.

IF he didnt get the ball.. he gets penalized... just like all tackle incidents. Smaller guys or guys that have awkward positions... cannot be provided an advantage over the 'aggressor'.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
the first one, for sure. The 2nd can be discussed, but for me too, since he has no intention of playing the ball. It's evident that the ball rolls on the floor and Del Horno's leg is 1 mt high at least. The ref didn't value the action itself, but the intention. It can be considered very dangerous play or an agression. So for me, it's red too.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
The first was a straight red. The 2nd was a fifty-fifty ball which the referee in normal circumstances would either whistle in favor of the home team or the defending team, in both cases Chelsea.

Harsh decision by the ref to award a red card for the 2nd challenge given the playacting by Messi, but overall it was justice served.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
The tackle was a disgrace and there certainly was intent to do damage,reminds me of Wome of Inter on belleri of Livorno on the weekend.these shameful tackles have to be punished and clearly he wasn't going for the ball. :frustrat:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Bandiera said:
The tackle was a disgrace and there certainly was intent to do damage,reminds me of Wome of Inter on belleri of Livorno on the weekend.these shameful tackles have to be punished and clearly he wasn't going for the ball. :frustrat:
EXACTLY!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Bandiera said:
The best part is that world cup is getting nearer.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Are you guys saying that if the ball near to a player, we couldn't and are not supposed to try to clear the ball? It was non-deliberate. Look at the ball position when Del Horno cleared it and think hard. Could you possible pull your leg in that challenge?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vinsea said:
Sir, can you put it public and see how many Cule, gooner, and chelsea haters voted?
Why the hell should I? I could support Bournemouth and I'd still have the same opinion.

And why the hell would I do a favour to you? :howler:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
He should have gotten red for the first action. He could have kicked Messi's leg in 2 :googly:

1 - 20 of 414 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.