Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DEL HORNO HAS BROKEN THE NEGOTIATION FOR RENEWING HIS CONTRACT WITH ATHLETIC, FROM NOW HE WILL LISTEN OFFERS FROM OTHER CLUBS.

I DON'T KNOW IF HE IS NOT GOING TO CONTINUE WITH US OR IT'S JUST A TACTIC OF HIS AGENT TO GET MORE MONEY, BUT I DON'T LIKE NOTHING HOW THINGS ARE GOING, IM FEELLING VERY PESSIMISTIC ABOUT THE RESSOLUTION OF THIS AFFAIR.

MAYBE WE MUST START THINKING ABOUT AMOREBIETA BASKONIA'S LEFT BACK WHO HAS JUST BEEN CALLED UP BY THE U 19 SPANISH TEAM :depress:.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
That's not good news, hopefully he stays, but if he quitted negotiations...

How about Amorebieta, anyone has got more info about him?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
This is strange indeed. Del Horno´s agent (agents, the cancer of football:groan: ) and Zubizarreta talk and apparently agree on a meeting next week to solve the last details. The next day Athletic receives a letter! from the agent saying he breaks the negotiation and his player will start listening other clubs offers. This smells sooo bad!:groan:

I want to hear what Del Horno says before giving my opinion, although I´m starting to think that on this topic both the club (president & Zubi) and the player have a lot to hide. We could discuss if Asier wasn´t really not hearing to other teams offers and what kind of offer has been made to him, then we could compare it to what other players earn and we will be really surprised. But let´s wait, this is anything but over, I think we´re going to hear more things in the next days.

Substitute? I already said this, the left back is the worst in the youth ranks, for me there isn´t a player that can take the place and give a similar level as Asier. Larrazabal was going to retire this season, if Asier leaves he may be offered one more year, but he is too old and can be a substitute for some games but not an starter. I don´t like Amorebieta as left back, he´s always been a CB and that what he does better. And the only decent left back we have (Tarantino) is playing as CB in Bilbao Athletic.:rolleyes: Valverde trusts a lot in Javi Casas (he has already been called up for some games this season) but I don´t think he´s a Primera player. Hope I´m wrong. Moya doesn´t play much, I used to like him...

And signings... it would be so stupid to spend money on a signing when you let a better player leave for free...:rolleyes: Lizarazu obiousy no, Aranzabal won´t leave Erreala, Gorka Garcia doesn´t have level, Isi Cortés is a bench warmer in Numancia, Lanbea is old, Ibon Begoña is an average player....etc... If Asier finally leaves the only solution I see is putting Javi González on the left back and that´s not the best idea in the world...:rolleyes: Let´s hope Asier finally renews..

·
Registered
160 Posts
i dont think it is a concidence that Del Horno and his agent(bloodsucker) gave this letter to Athletic, the day after Valverde made the comment that if Del Horno went ,the club would play someone else and the club wouldnt disappear.

Now i agree that Athletic is bigger than any individual, but what possible purpose is there in saying this, at this time.If I was Asier it would almost mean that my coach doesnt think that much of my importance to the team, while at the same time saying how brillant Ezquerro was in Barcelona:dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

Hopefully this can be sorted out and he will renew for 3 or 4 years but at this moment i am very :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Bilbao reopen Del Horno talks as Barcelona, Betis pounce
tribalfootball.com - January 29, 2004

Athletic Bilbao have made a fresh bid to reopen contract talks with wing-back Asier del Horno.
Bilbao announced on their website yesterday: "It is our intention to meet with the representative of Del Horno and make a new contract offer to him.

"We wish to make clear that we want Asier Del Horno to stay and play for Athletic Bilbao for many years to come."

Del Horno broke off negotiations last week and is believed to have been tabled an offer by Barcelona in recent days.

Chelsea, Ajax and PSV Eindhoven have also been linked with the Spanish international, who can leave Bilbao on a Bosman in the summer.

Real Betis are in the frame and have offered Del Horno a six-year contract worth an annual £200,000 more than what Bilbao has tabled.

:eek:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Zubi has talked with Del Horno´s agent this morning and although they haven´t told the press what has happened it has been filtered that he has offered a 4 years contract (instead of the 3 years previous offer) plus an increased economical offer. Del Horno´s agent has said he´s positive about Asier´s renewal and they will answer next week. So let´s wait.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
killah said:
:depress:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think that you must start looking for a left back in La Masia

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Official comunicate:
http://www.athletic-club.net/ampliar.asp?noticia=1641&idi=1

Both the club and the player wanted this ending and although it has taken time, finally we have it. When Athletic has made him a decent offer (still less than other teammates of similar or lower level) he has accepted, easy as that. It´s a common trick to offer less to the "home players" because you know they will renew for less..

I don´t like Del Horno´s agent, Jokin Barcena though, I don´t like the way he has taken the negotiation. And he´s Yeste agent too, and Yeste ends contract next season, but well that´s another story...

I like last years style, not signing but giving opportunities to the young lions, but of course you have to keep them, if not you work for nothing. I´m positive about our future, we have a good set of young players improving every day, where´s their limit?:cool:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Agents, agents...:groan:

It has been published that last week, Asier, tired of waiting for his agent (Jokin Bárcena) to agree terms with Zubi decided to negotiate himself the contract. Asier, his father and his brother negotiated for three days until Sunday night after the game they stood in Ibaigane until 2am when they finally signed the new contract. On monday morning he gave it to his agent to sign it, just the opposite to the normal negotiation.

Would we get rid of these agents someday?

Aupa Asier!:cool:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I hate agents as well. They are only in for the money and they ruin a lot of (especially young) players careers! FIFA needs to do something about these greedy agents :greed:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Prince-O said:
I hate agents as well. They are only in for the money and they ruin a lot of (especially young) players careers! FIFA needs to do something about these greedy agents :greed:
That's difficult when FIFA contains money-grabbing-maffiosos like Blatter and Gordona. FIFA needs new blood! It wouldn't suprise me if FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations ever, and great deal of thanks for that goes to Schamaranch. Did he have any knowledge at all about football? I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Del Horno explains Athletic choice
Thursday, 12 February 2004

by Mark Kendall
Full back Asier del Horno has admitted he could have earned much more money by leaving Athletic Bilbao but insists he always wanted to remain with the Basque club.
The 23-year-old had appeared ready to quit the San Mames after breaking off contract talks last month, but recently penned a new three-year deal with Athletic to end speculation of a possible switch to Barcelona.

The former Spanish Under-21 star has revealed he turned his back on more lucrative offers to remain at his hometown club, but claims that it had been his intention despite rumours to the contrary.

"I am happy to have been able to renew my contract and stay here," del Horno declared.

"The whole thing was dragging on a lot, everyone was saying something about it and that was not good for me or the club.

"At times like that a lot of things go through your head.

"But everyone should remember that myself and my family are Athletic people, and the family played a big part in my decision.

"I did not do Athletic a favour. I know other teams could have given me a lot of money and that went through my head, but I wanted to stay here.

"That is what I deserved, and I don't think it was a stupid decision."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts