Discussion Starter #1
Since January we played 6 games.

Meksico (2:1),
Brazil (0:1),
Litvania (4:1),
Ekquador (0:1),
Ukraine (0:2)
Russia (1:1, penalties 6:5).

Three victories, three defeats. All the games, with exception of Litvania were played away.

out of 36 players that got a chance to play in these 6 games, only two players played all 6 games. Goalkeeper Jevric & Defender Krstajic. Their place in the team seems to be secured. 14 out of thirty six were playing for the first time for the NT.

is he on the right track?

Although he seems to be giving new players a chance, he is still relying on the "experience" of Miha, Jugovic, Mijat & Jokanovic and he is on the record that he still consider Drulovic & Djukic as options. Is this necessary?

dejo, Il Genio, explain how your "genius" works......

·
Registered
768 Posts
aca said:

Although he seems to be giving new players a chance, he is still relying on the "experience" of Miha, Jugovic, Mijat & Jokanovic and he is on the record that he still consider Drulovic & Djukic as options. Is this necessary?
Drulovic is the only one I accept, as a sub ! He's a little fighter we might need in case we need a goal quickly.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
drulovic is acceptable but nomore oldies. they're no goodies...

savicevic is really criticized currently but i think he makes his job well though i was furious about the defeat against ukrain.
he's trying as many players as possible and he's building a 30 men competitive squad. it's finally a chance to prepare the euro without having to make the world cup cause he has all the time to make trials, test players and tactics.

with the arrival of markovic and dragutinovic we'll be able to play a 4-4-2 or even a 4-5-1 which are certainly for me the best tactical systems, especially the 4-5-1 when it's played like france or la coruna do, instead of the 3-5-2 we used to play since he was appointed.

we have to be patient, he needs time. time is most precious thing for a coach. only time and confidence makes a NT succeed. i won't bother you again with france ;) but they're the best example.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i won't bother you again with france but they're the best example.
:howler: maybe Dejo does take your advice pretender and thinks 'ah with pedja miha and jokana everything is gonna be alright, just "time and confidence" thats all it takes, just look at France :D

nah seriously the French are a good example but they have become so boring, they only win! ;)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do need couple of "old" guys in the team, even if you are going through rebuilding the team.

What i dont like is that he seems to bring his outside-of-the-pitch friendship onto the field.

Miha hardly played a game for Lazio this season, the same aplies for others. They were in the team not for their current form but firstly because they were supposed to bring experience into the team and secondly because they are dejo's generation.

wonder, in the future, what will prevail?;)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
every coach in the world would say "dejo is mad !" if he had made a team 100% made of youngsters. we need experience . the last defeats prove it. we 've lost games with 11 new guys on the pitch.
i don't see a problem playing the 3 old guys. when zidane will be 33 everybody will be happy seeing him on the pitch. when mijatovic was almost european "ballon d'or", everybody was saying this guy is a genious. now everybody says he's a piece of **** !
i'm sorry but i disagree : mijatovic can be a great offensive midfielder as he used to be in valencia, and sometimes in madrid. he also proves it with our NT by giving several assists since savicevic took in charge.

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
First of all, Mijatovic is no Zidane.
Second, if you want experienced players, bring in QUALITY players, such as Djordjevic, Djorovic, Milosevic - now there you go, those are three experienced players I would accept.

And having 3 players that can't run is not that little, even though Miha is only one man, he has proven many times that he is a liability in Lazio's defence.

I don't want a liability in our defence!
Mijatovic should have been kicked out of our NT for good when he left his teammates before the Russia game just because he was going to start from the bench..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mijatovic was a very good player but the problem is that his form is disappeared. If he was even 50% of what he used to be and playing regularly in a club, he would an asset to the NT. However, he hasn't played more than 3 games in TWO YEARS. He should be off the NT.

·
Registered
520 Posts
For now, I think it's good he's keeping older players while testing out younger ones. There needs to be some respected players with international experience on all teams, to show guidance and leadership. The way I see it, Yugo has been preparing for the Euro 2004 qualifiers that start in September for a few months now with their friendlies. Dejo is testing out as many players to find the right combination.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
you both are right red star and hajduk (btw: welcome !).
i just agree with the fact that we have to keep older players though i disagree with dejo's choice of keeping mijatovic. i'd rather rambo petkovic who has almost the same age and is certainly better today than mijatovic.
i just show respect concerning mijatovic's career even though he was kicked out real madrid very disrespectfully i think. i think he can still bring something to the squad, as he did since savicevic was appointed, but not during 90 mn, that's absolutely obvious.
the man has no pace and no stamina at all but keeps his technique, passing accuracy, provoking ability.
we also have to bear in mind that he terribly lacks competition since he doesn't play for his club. at his age it is very difficult not to play because it makes decrease your abilities.

mihajlovic is another problem : he sucks for sure. savicevic still counts on his legendary free kicks to make us win games sometimes when we lack creativity or face too solid defenses... but krstajic, stefanovic, djorovic, bunjevcevic are obviously better defenders and especially more safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts