Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This season Viali was responsible for two penalies given against us (vs Cagliari and Messina) and he was sent off once (vs Roma). In all cases it looked like he lacked speed to stop the opponent in a fair way. Delli Carri has been ok, but not great either. Aquilanti has not been used yet. With Maggio back from injury we should play two sidebacks and two centrebacks, i.e. Maggio--Ujfalusi--Dainelli--Chiellini. This defence looks solid, but IMO - and that is the point of the thread - we have to sign at least one more defender to have some class on the bench. Someone who is young, and has Serie A experience, e.g. Cesare Bovo (21) from Parma.

Opinions? Ideas?

·
6,645 Posts
Yes, another defender is needed. But we can't forget Savini.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Well we havent been belted around the back and conceded 2+ goals which is something on our side. With Chiellini and Ujfalusi, we have the potential to have one of the most solid backs in Serie A.

Bovo sounds like a perfect option right now.

Although i must say again, we've coped pretty well at the back given all circumstances. If the money is tight, then let things be and grab a striker instead.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i think a striker is more a concern than a defendsive reinforcement right now ..u guys to depending on miccoli in a 3 man attack ....and whens his out the goals are hard to get like the messina game .

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
We were lucky to get a draw out of the Messina match. There was too much pressure on our defenders and near the end of the much we allowed them to get many good chances to score but they blew it. While this may seem like I'm criticising the defensive portion of the team, I'm actually thinking that if we had a much better attack, things wouldn't get that difficult for Ujfalusi and co in the back.

In most matches you see our players sending those long balls towards Miccoli which he doesn't and probably can't get to anyway, we lose the ball too many times due to that. We should stop that and get back to short passes or if we're going to continue with that, then a second striker who is fast and a bit tall should be signed. Or else what would be the point of those long balls? Wasting time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts