Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan have rock solid, almost top defense in the world right now, but with age and injury factor , dont you guys think they need a young and solid back up defender with an eye on the future?
some one to partner nesta in the long run, who are the CB's right now, Nesta, Stam, Maldini, Billy.....

some one pacy wud really be of great use, what do you guys think about Coloccini's departure, he is gud and was never given a chance to prove during his stay in milan, he was loaned out almost every other year be fore he was sold.

Any young promising italian defender from youth setup?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
diabloroma said:
Milan have rock solid, almost top defense in the world right now, but with age and injury factor , dont you guys think they need a young and solid back up defender with an eye on the future?
some one to partner nesta in the long run, who are the CB's right now, Nesta, Stam, Maldini, Billy.....
Every team is looking for rock solid defenders. Few are available and even fewer are rock solid.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It seems that good defenders are now harder to find than ever,attackers and Midfielders are pretty much all around.But the hope of signing top defenders is not as easy as once was.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
They are hard. Look at Ferrari, Mexes. What happened? Burdisso. Look what happened. Cordoba is a talent, though. Umm who else? Ufalsi never bottomed out, its hard to find one

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Also forgot Colccinni, he ws suposed to be the next Ayala

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Everytime it comes to defenders I have to mention Andrea Barzagli of Palermo :stuckup:

He's the Future ;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Forget about signing any young defenders, Billy the kid is still young.;)
In reality, it's not logical to spend huge money on some 'promising' defenders only to rot them on the bench...it won't works.;)

Though I dream of the Chivu singing indeed:stuckup:, but I reckon that this dream won't come true any soon. :angel:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Elephant King said:
Though I dream of the Chivu singing indeed:stuckup:, but I reckon that this dream won't come true any soon. :angel:
Chivu says he wishes to continue as a footballer at Roma EK :stuckup:, but who knows, in 10 years time, maybe he will consider a career in music :D

seriously thoush he would be great for Milan. but hands off :fero: ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Also forgot Colccinni, he ws suposed to be the next Ayala
Who says he won't be, he's on the right track. Milan have already rejected him and now he's trying his luck out in Spain, just like with the "old" Ayala. At this rate people will be calling Coloccini world class in about 2 or 3 years if their careers develop the same way ;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Vagabondo said:
seriously thoush he would be great for Milan. but hands off :fero: ;)

No worry, vagabondo my pal :cool: , as long as San Paolo :star: and Billy the kid :proud: is still there ::devil: , Galliani won't consider luring the classy Romanian.:D ;)

And about Ayala, I think his case is different from Coloccini's.

Coloccini quits before he can't get a game here. Maldini, Stam and Nesta are CLEARLY better than him, even Billy is more consistent than him when he plays. Hence, although being immensely talented, Coloccini won't suceed even if he stays. That's why Coloccini publicly thanked Milan for letting him go in January. It's a 'friendly' goodbye. ;)

Ayala, in contrast, was better than ALL of our central defenders that time. That was the time when we made numerous BLUNDERS in the transfer market, and the Ayala transfer was a deadly mistake. And notice he still plays a lot till the day he left, unlike the lack of playing time as Coloccini. It's still made me laugh why Galliani kept Roque Junior and Chamot only to sell Ayala :wallbang: .

All in all, Coloccini and Ayala are in entirely different situations when they left.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Elephant King said:
No worry, vagabondo my pal :cool: , as long as San Paolo :star: and Billy the kid :proud: is still there ::devil: , Galliani won't consider luring the classy Romanian.:D ;)
he could still give it a go :devil:. "San" Paolo and Billy were there when Lazio was raided for Nesta and Stam. So in a couple of years when Mexes and Chivu is the best CB pairing in Serie A :hopefull: ;), I reckon Galliani will be knocking down the door at Roma too. :scared:

Anyway, Chivu has already contributed to your league title last year :stuckup:. Even Sheva needed Chivu to slip over to really get the Milan scudetto ball rolling against us :eek: ;)

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
There are different types of centre backs.

Elephant King said:

And about Ayala, I think his case is different from Coloccini's.

Coloccini quits before he can't get a game here. Maldini, Stam and Nesta are CLEARLY better than him, even Billy is more consistent than him when he plays. Hence, although being immensely talented, Coloccini won't suceed even if he stays. That's why Coloccini publicly thanked Milan for letting him go in January. It's a 'friendly' goodbye. ;)

Ayala, in contrast, was better than ALL of our central defenders that time. That was the time when we made numerous BLUNDERS in the transfer market, and the Ayala transfer was a deadly mistake. And notice he still plays a lot till the day he left, unlike the lack of playing time as Coloccini. It's still made me laugh why Galliani kept Roque Junior and Chamot only to sell Ayala :wallbang: .

All in all, Coloccini and Ayala are in entirely different situations when they left.
It's Zac's fault. That guy was not willing to put each player in a situation where he would perform to the best of his ability. He just wanted to get everyone to adjust to his rigid 3-4-3. He ressurrected our winning tradition, but half the team were probably asked to perform unfamiliar roles.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Elephant King said:
Ayala only played 10 games in the season leading to the #16 EK, and he left Milan one season later. It seemed that Zac didn't field him in his favored 3 man defense due to his lack of height, and the emergance of a promising young defender named Luigi Sala :jester: And just see how the careers of both Sala & Ayala took off thereafter :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts