What do you want to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is great in defence and midfield, but I would prefer to put him as a (lebro) like for example Mathaios.

what do you think?

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Great thread! :thmbup:

I'd like to see Tudor player as a defender. Then we'd have arguably the best defence in the world (not that we don't at the moment). Central defender is his natural position, and where he's best at. That's what he played at Hajduk, most of the time at Juvenus and now at Siena.
His midfield position should be a problem to fill, IMO. I'd prefer Ivan Leko, but Modric or somebody else would do too.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Leko got dropped inexplicably at the beggining of the qualifiers, he was actually plying quite regularly before that under Cico.

In whichever position, I want a confident, cool Tudor like we've seen against Sweden, Bulgaria over there and the second half of the Argie game.

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
well its debateable this question...If playing only one dm, then i want him there instead of Kovac. He plays a better ball then Kovac. But then we have problems of who are we to put in the back. I voted midfield. But only as a defensive mid.

·
Registered
465 Posts
the key here is that tudor is a must in the starting 11. remember, he wasn't part of that malta disaster and i think coincidently wasn't part of another bad result in the qualifiers (draw v hungary maybe? i forget).

anyways, in the mid, i think he plays more confident with players behind him and confidence breeds success.

tudor in the midfield, our viera!

·
International
8,545 Posts
I don't think he's exceptional in either role. He never should've been converted to a midfielder in the first place but since it's affected his defensively ability. I'd rather just leave him in the midfield and no, he's not an integral part of the team. To be quite honest, I don't think we'd be any different if he wasn't around. He could've been a world class defender once upon a time...

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
he is a world class defender in my opinion,
this portugal..he was injured for a long time, and at the ep he acutally played without any playing experience, besides that he hadn't much support from his fellow defenders zivkovic, and an also long term injured simic, and back then even simunic wasn't what he is now, he did many mistakes and gave the ball easily away. So i wouldn't refer to portugal to make a judgment about his abilities.

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
I feel he should play as a defender, despite Tomas/Tokic's good games at times I don't think they can do it consistently and Tudor plays as a defender for his club and for most of career, also if Modric continues to play well he will need to drop back to defense in order for Modric to be in the midfield

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
It depends. If we play with two Defensive midfielders keep him in the midfield. If we play with one leave Kovac and put Tudor and defence and if Tudor is playing on defence I'd rather him play on the right than in centre, Robert has done a great job in centre and there would be no point in taking away his spot now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer putting him as a defender and R.Kovac + Simunic on his right and left and when the team is attacking he should be as a defensive midfielder with Niko and participate in the counter attacks. by this plan Croatia can get benefit from his defending and midfielding properties.

On the other hand TUDOR is a world class player and he is a very very important player in the NT.

If he missed the WC I am sure that I will cry.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Sorry guys, but world class players don't play for Siena. A guy might have world class ability but when you have constant injury problems and move between midfield and defence it's damn near impossible to keep good form.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
it's not like he hadn't other offers, but he wanted to stay at juventus and to play in a club where he would be a key-player and could build up his form for the wc, and Serie A is Serie A, he plays against the same players and clubs as Juventus do.

·
International
8,545 Posts
He had offers but none were from the top clubs...Tottenham is good but they're not up there. I'm not saying he isn't good just that he isn't world class. He's just another player who never lived up to his potential for one reason or another.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
shaktar or rangers aren't world-class either, but Prso and Srna are for me world-class,
at least these guys play world-class for our national-team and that is what counts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
50 Lipa said:
shaktar or rangers aren't world-class either, but Prso and Srna are for me world-class,
at least these guys play world-class for our national-team and that is what counts.
100% right :thumbsup:

·
International
8,545 Posts
Well this is not a competition ;)

Prso is not world class and Srna is still building his reputation so he's in a different boat altogether. It all depends how you rate levels....if Prso is world class what does that make Shevchenko? Are they in the same class? Is Prso in the class that Suker was?

Even at Siena Tudor gets moved back and forth between defence and midfield and his game suffers because of it, he can't excel in either position.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
IVO said:
He had offers but none were from the top clubs...Tottenham is good but they're not up there. I'm not saying he isn't good just that he isn't world class. He's just another player who never lived up to his potential for one reason or another.
Villareal, Bolton, Panthaikaos, Stuttgart, Lazio all were offering for Tudors services. He played for succesful Juventus teams. Juventus!!!!!

The reason he hasnt lived up to his "potential" is probably the numerous SERIOUS INJURIES he has had his whole career. And through all this is still playing well for club and country, and alongside Prso our most respected player to the outside world.

Ill tell you what, I would take Igor Tudor over alot of these supposedly "world class" def midfielders that gain this recognition just because they have a more "mainstream" nationality. If Tudor was German, French, Brazilian, Italian,etc...he would be "world class", if you know what I mean :thmbdown:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Even at Siena Tudor gets moved back and forth between defence and midfield and his game suffers because of it, he can't excel in either position.[/QUOTE]

Thats because he is a great football player. He is versatile enough to be able to play 2 positions, and play them well. For his POSITION, he is World Class IMO.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts