Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Barça signed Brazilian defender Aphirson of Flamengo. He costs $18M. Hopefully he brings there what we need.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
If you mean Athirson he is a hell of a buy!

he can play at midfield too...

Unfortunately,this may well be the end of Sergi. :(

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can be, Dutch media report Aphirson, but they aren't very accurate with names. I don't think Barça will pay $18M for a player who isn't any good.

D

·
0 Posts
Bogarde will probably be on Van Gaal's transer list, while Frank De Boer has been linked with a move together with twin-brother Ronald to Arsenal in exchange for Marc Overmars.
Anyway, never heard of this Brazilian, hopefully he can solve some of the defensive woes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
German media reports that he was signed for 23 million $ from Flamengo Rio de Janeiro. He is a Brazilian international and will join Barça next week. That's all what I can say.
Does anyone know, which position does Aphirson play?
How old is he?

Will he be allowed to play immediately? In Germany (where I come from) and many other countries, there is a transfer deadline after the winter break. Every player who is acquired after the deadline is not allowed to play until the next season.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Athirson is a left defender and midfielder.Since there is currently a transfer deadline on Spain I suppose he will join in the summer.

And its aThirson.

Bye bye Sergi...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I don't think it would be a good move to get rid of Sergi...Ferrer story repeating itself maybe?

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
his name is ATHIRSON...and he is simply BRILLIANT!!
What a buy....and Amoroso is right...bye bye Sergi, find another club or another profession!! :)
He's better going forward than Roberto Carlos, scores goals, dribbles well, has vision, fast.....makes long big dribbling runs. Will be the second best left back of Spain in 2 months while playing in Barcelona with no sweat!
He is currently the sub of Roberto Carlos in the Brazilian National team....taking the place of Serginho and Felipe...and is in the first team of the Brazilian Olympic team

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I just went in the best brazilian footbal website...and all they have their is saying that Flamengo WILL NOT SELL ATHIRSON NOW.
Flamengo are in a deep crisis now...they lost the first phase of the Rio championship and tehy still ahve two games to go..so if this signing is annouced now..... the supporters will definitly riot agaisnt the directors board who have only talked stupid things for over 1 year!
Also Arsenal made a big bid for Athirson (25 million dollars), and Juventus is also on the run.
The Flamengo director confirmed that he talked to the Barcelona directors, but he proposed a swap for Rivaldo...which was rejected.
In the meantime, Flamengo better sell Athirson quick , cause as soon he turns 24...and that will be next year he may go for free! and they'll lose the 25 million!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I do not understand Barcelona. You have so many great left-sided players:
Sergi
Zenden
Cocu
Rivaldo
Bogarde
F. de Boer

What the fuc* do you need Athilson for?! This is absolutely crazy! Get someone on the right, because that's where the problems are:
Puyol :) ROTFLMAO
Reiziger OK, but where is he?
R.de Boer -his bro is better I think :)

This is crap, to be honest. Only Figo is world class. Gabri and Simao are great prospects, but prospects are only prospects for the time being.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Flamengo will have to sell him because they have to pay Sporting money for purchasing Leandro.ZE how is Leandro doing there anyway.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
labas>
Our right side:
Figo (worldclass)
Luis Enrique (worldclass)
Ronald de Boer (was terrible, but the last few matches before his injury were great!)
Reiziger (great player)
Gabri (young, but very talented)
We have to fortify our central ax. Our centrebacks aren't very strong, Guardiola is great, but he is injured a lot, so we need someone to replace him when he's out. For those positions we have to get better players.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
He will not be sold officially now....they will wait until June. Specially now cause Roberto Carlos is injured, so Athirson may play about 5 games for Brazil and get his price up in the market.
Leandro is on the bench almost was sold or loaned to Botafogo...Sporting still are his owners...but let's talk of that in the Brazilian forum! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
he wont go to barca......
juve is close to sign him according to italian newspaper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts