Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do we fix up these defencive problems of ours.Our national team barely has enough good defenders to put in the team.Even if you look at our young team almost all the players are Strikers or Midfielders.

Kezman
Ilic
Ivic
Boskovic
Drulic
Jelic
Ognjenovic
Dudic-is the only that comes to mind.

Its like this with most eastern european countries.

Yugoslavia
Craotia
Russia
Ukraine
Greece
Romania
and Others

They each might have a couple of good defenders but not enough to make a world class defence like france or spain.We need to teach young players how to play like defenders and not just strikers and midfielders.

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 18-04-2000).]

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason why eastern europe don't have the best defenders is because the money is not there when you compare it to midfielders and strikers. And not forgetting the recognition, you see Brazil for example have a shortage of goalkeepers and thats because every one wants to be a Ronaldo of Romario they are in the spotlight not the defenders or goalies. There just happens to be more money in scoring goals than defending them. Well I think thats the reason, but I'm willing to hear what the rest of you have to say.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is true that we don't have so much good defenders but we surely can't forget dudic, lalatovic, vitakic(red star); duljaj(partizan); dzodic(montepelier); obradovic(obilic); tanasijevic(vojvodina)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah we have some good youngsters coming up, we are just going through a poor phase of defenders , like Germany is going through generally a whole bad phase of players! Different genertions of players always have stronger and weaker points.

Italy for example have a poorer midfield in comparison to the rest of the team.

I think by the world cup our defensive problem will be fixed to a certain extent.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I don't know if I agree with your statement of Romania's defense being weak. I think we have really good young defensemen. EX. Chivu (Ajax) and Contra (Alaves). They are going to be really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts