Gooner
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lads at the back have conceded only 2 goals in our last ten games:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
True but truly shocking against fulham.
Gallas was great again but Kolo had some poor moments as did Clichy, Sagna pretty much locked down the right flank.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Tunis I'm glad you like The Wire bro, another fan never hurts.

BTW let's not make Kolo a scapegoat, the defence works as a unit and 90% of the times players make errors when their teammates have left them in a very difficult position.

Kolo has been superb the last few games and him being Captain and marshalling the defence is a reason for the great stats we have. Gallas has finally got his head down and is playing some of his best football now.

I'm glad for those guys at the back because now it exposes the real problem in our team which is the lack of a marauding DM and the lack of penetration we have in the final third.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Tunis I'm glad you like The Wire bro, another fan never hurts.

BTW let's not make Kolo a scapegoat, the defence works as a unit and 90% of the times players make errors when their teammates have left them in a very difficult position.

Kolo has been superb the last few games and him being Captain and marshalling the defence is a reason for the great stats we have. Gallas has finally got his head down and is playing some of his best football now.

I'm glad for those guys at the back because now it exposes the real problem in our team which is the lack of a marauding DM and the lack of penetration we have in the final third.

IMO The Wire was the best drama ever simply pulled no punches.

As for our back four generally our team defence is mediocre at best, we are so uncomfortable without the ball and give up the entire pitch until we can eventually regain possession. Our formation left both our back four and Denilson with a lot to do. Nasri, Diaby and Arshavin were good options going forward but tracking back and regaining possession is simply not their game.

No doubt we could really use a Flamini but generally our other players do not do the dirty work of a Pires, Parlour, Ljungberg, DB 10 or Henry. Defending is a team thing and we're often quite lackadaisical in that department.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
i appreciate them not conceding many goals in the last how many games but we havent done anything about it and we've only played crap teams.

i cant appreciate the inconsistancy of the team. sigh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts