Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, someone may say Ronaldinho with his skills or Etoo with his goals, or Xavi with his distribution, but Deco, at least of what has gone so far in the season, is to me our most important player. He can pass, DEFEND, assist and even score some goals, and above all: he is a winner, a player that when the chips are down takes the lead. You can see how much he hates losing. Ronaldinho apart from some moments of brilliancy is nowhere near the player he was last year. I understand the people who wanted Deco to get the Ballon D'Or. The more I see this player the more I am convinced about his value.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Yes, someone may say Ronaldinho with his skills or Etoo with his goals, or Xavi with his distribution, but Deco, at least of what has gone so far in the season, is to me our most important player. He can pass, DEFEND, assist and even score some goals, and above all: he is a winner, a player that when the chips are down takes the lead. You can see how much he hates losing. Ronaldinho apart from some moments of brilliancy is nowhere near the player he was last year. I understand the people who wanted Deco to get the Ballon D'Or. The more I see this player the more I am convinced about his value.
I totally agree with you.

Ronaldinho is still a resolutive player, but lately he appears in certain moments... for example, yesterday night or the day of Milan, but he tends to disappear during the games. Eto'o is still a key player and his goal rate is really high.

I have to say that I had doubts when we signed him, but in the last 2 months he has been our best player without a doubt. He's a true champion and his quality is outstanding. IMO, he is the player that ballances in attack and defense over Xavi and Marquez. A complete player. IMO, the best signing of last summer. Shevchenko got the Ballon D'Or because the strikers shine much more and his quality is great, but I'm not surprised that Deco were over Ronaldinho and Henry in the votes. Deco is a great :star:

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
I totally agree with you guys.

I was always willing to give him a chance from the beginning, and he's proved his worth and value.

I think it was Maz that mentioned something not a lot of people do. He talked about how Deco is highly intelligent when it comes to breaking up opponents attacks and slowing the play down when needed. When we're caught on the counter attack, he always fouls intelligently. And in attack, he gets free kicks in dangerous positions. Not a lot of our players, if any, do those two things.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
And many of u boogers said dat he was overrated..pffffffffff :finger:

He is da best! :proud:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Deco for a team is very useful also in defence and offense he's everywhere. He ran a lot and doesn't count the kms. I like for a team the efficiency of a player like that and he is unbelievable in Barcelona. He plays at a different position than in Porto and he does it very well.

Deco will help to win titles as Cocu was in the latest 2 Ligas won, his experience in Champions League is an advantage

·
Registered
325 Posts
I agree, Deco is a hard working player while Ronaldinho is not commited enough to defend. Deco is hardly noticed just like Makelele when he plays. However, he is one of the best players of Barcelona. He defends, puts balls, and the quality of his finishing is simply amazing. Goals he scored against Shakhtar, AIDS match, Celtic Getafe, and the cracks he takes outside the box is quite amazing. I'd like to see more of Deco next season. Keep up the good work Deco!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yes but unlike the others he will straightaway du his best to win the ball back, hes a player with the right mentality if we are going to win a trophy this season

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I refuse to talk about who the best player is, simply because this year, FCB has really been a team. At times, Xavi has been the best, other it has been Deco, and Eto'o, don't forget how in form Giuly was at the beginning and even Valdes had a game where FCB owed him the victory. It is a well balanced team and only the injuries threaten that balance.

Aboue Deco losing the ball, thats fine, he wins a lot more balls than he loses and also, it is a sign that he risks more, which I like. Remember the teams of previuos years where Barcelona dominated possesion, but hardly ever in the attacking third. That team never lost the ball, but passes between DeBoer and Cocu and etc, didn't get goals.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
But that was VG-tactics. Deco is doing great, and probably Cocu's true successor. I really thought we were going to have a problem after he left, but Deco definitely filled that role perfectly.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Indeed, Deco has been a very influntial and most important player in Bracelona team so far this seaon.Deco has been showing tremendous dedication and unshakeable fighting spirit in almost every game so far this season.Barcelona has been brilliant and globaly admired team world wide mainly becuase of the characters and efforts of our players: Deco, eto'o, puyol, Dinho,Xavi,Larsson and all the great squad that doing thier best to achive something worth while. :) :) :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Soccer Band said:
Indeed, Deco has been a very influntial and most important player in Bracelona team so far this seaon.Deco has been showing tremendous dedication and unshakeable fighting spirit in almost every game so far this season.Barcelona has been brilliant and globaly admired team world wide mainly becuase of the characters and efforts of our players: Deco, eto'o, puyol, Dinho,Xavi,Larsson and all the great squad that doing thier best to achive something worth while. :) :) :)

:thmbup:

Deco has been great this season and IMHO is one of the best players this season. However, I still believe that title is still and going to be held by Ronaldinho. Hey! But who knows? Our current team could transform into the new galacticos. Next year FIFA player of the year final 3 could be Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o :howler:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Lets be honest here

Deco is better than Ronaldinho. Without DEco your team would......... underachieve :thmbup: Deco e melhor do q Pele...e o #10 , faz fintas com dois pes...deco,deco,deco,deco :star: :proud:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts