Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've decided to go and visit this match. First of all because I always wanted to see a match of the national team, and secondly because it's a good opportunity to see San Mamés in its current state.
Two days later I'll visit Catalunya-Cape Verde to return after that game.

I've never seen this match being completely sold out. Despite that I'd like to know what's the best way of getting a ticket. I'll arrive the night before the game in Santander and will travel on the matchday to Bilbao.
Are they possible to get at the taquillas? Or are there more options?

Any info is welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's just about one season, maybe somewhat longer, the stadium looks like this, pretty unique ;).

Any information regarding ticket sales is still appreciated :).

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for anyone interested, online sales have started, I've got my ticket and have to print it from a BBK machine.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Players called:

ATHLETIC CLUB
Andoni Iraola
Gorka Iraizoz
Gaizka Toquero
Ander Iturraspe
Mikel San Jose
Mikel Balenziaga
Markel Susaeta
Borja Ekiza
Beñat Etxebarria
Oscar de Marcos
Ibai Gomez
Aritz Aduriz

CELTA DE VIGO
Jon Aurtenetxe

OSASUNA
Oier Sanjurjo
Roberto Torres

REAL MADRID
Asier Illarramendi

REAL SOCIEDAD
Xabi Prieto
Imanol Agirretxe
Iñigo Martínez
Eñaut Zubikarai
Jon Ansotegi
Markel Bergara

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Gorka Iraizoz
Eñaut Zubikarai

Andoni Iraola - Mikel San José - Iñigo Martínez - Mikel Balenziaga
Oier Sanjurjo - Jon Ansotegi - Borja Ekiza - Jon Aurtenetxe

Ander Iturraspe - Asier Illarramendi
Beñat Etxebarria - Markel Bergara

Markel Susaeta - Xabi Prieto - Ibai Gómez
Óscar de Marcos - Roberto Torres - Gaizka Toquero

Imanol Agirretxe
Aritz Aduriz

Not bad, but as always ... many players missing.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I.Muniain, X.Alonso, F.Llorente, J.Martínez, C.Azpilikueta, N.Monreal, R.García, M.Arteta, M.Rico, A.Herrera, S.Ruffier...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any special reasons given, except for the ones playing in England?
Based on their footballing qualities Llorente and Javi Martínez should be in this squad without any doubt.

I'm also a fan of Carlos Martinez, and we probably discussed this before, but Griezmann isn't eligible to play?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi looking forward to this game and Euskadi playing against another South American country!!! But can I ask why dont we play a fixture in the summer when we could call on players playing outside of The Basque Region & Spain? Thinking of players playing in England, Germany & Italy ?????? Thinking the years when no WC or EC!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well in 2006 we played Wales in the summer, in 2007 away to Venezuela and in 2011 away to Estonia. If I remind it well also back then there were no players from leagues abroad selected, not too sure though.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know if there are manifestations in favour of the ofizialtasuna before the game? And if so, where?

Thanks.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
at 6pm starting from El Arenal, don't know if you know where is it. It's next to Casco Viejo.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Any special reasons given, except for the ones playing in England?
Based on their footballing qualities Llorente and Javi Martínez should be in this squad without any doubt.
I don't think generally players from outside Spain get permission from their clubs and its not an official game of course so even the La Liga clubs don't have to release their players.

As for Griezmann, the EH selection seems more strict than Athletic, by FIFA rules Forlan could have played but was never called...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi guys my thinking for summer friendlies was this! Spain in their group stage play Holland, Chile & Australia and if they get through will play one of Brazil, Croatia, Mexico or Cameroon? Anyone of those countries would play Euskal Selekzioa in preporation for Spain! It would be at the end of most European leagues so players would be allowed to summer as they wish! most players play in Testimonials & Charity games which are not official so why not for The EUSKAL SELEKZIOA????? As the saying goes if you dont ask you dont know!!!!! My team would be

1, S Ruffier
2, C Azpilicueta
3, N Monreal
4 A Illarramendi
5, I Martinez
6, J Martinez
7, O De Marcos
8, A Herrea
9, F Llorrente
10, I Muniain
11, M Arteta
Subs
12, G Iraizoz
13, A Iraola
14, M San Jose
15, J Garrido
16, B Extebarria
17, X Alonso
18, M Susaeta
19, I Gomez
20, X Prieto
21, R Garcia
22, I Agirretxe
23, A Aduriz

I wonder is this the strongest EUSKAL SELEKZIOA or can anyone tell a better one!!! Go EUSKADI

1 - 20 of 24 Posts