Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Euskadi y Catalunya se enfrentarán el 28 de diciembre en San Mamés
La Federació Catalana confirmó que el combinado catalán se desplazará a Bilbao para conmemorar el centenario del primer enfrentamiento entre las dos selecciones
In San Mamés.
To commemorate the centenary from the first meeting in 1914.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Basque selection will exist out of the following players

Convocatoria

ATHLETIC: Aritz Aduriz, Jon Aurtenetxe, Mikel Balenziaga, Beñat Etxebarria, Xabier Etxeita, Ibai Gómez, Gorka Iraizoz, Ander Iturraspe, Mikel San José y Markel Susaeta.
EIBAR: Mikel Arruabarrena, Eneko Boveda, Ander Capa, Dani García y Xabier Iruretagoiena.
REAL: Jon Ansotegi, Yuri Berchiche, Markel Bergara, Carlos Martínez, Iñigo Martínez y Xabi Prieto.
OSASUNA: Roberto Torres

First time so much players from Eibar are in I think?

Unfortunately many players are missing as well.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately many players are missing as well.
Who're the major ones missing for you?

Personally at first I thought about Muniain, Rico, Agirretxe (injured?), Illarramendi, Raul Garcia?

From abroad possibilities could've been several players called, but for different reasons not called are: Monreal and Arteta (Arsenal), Garrido (Norwich?), Javi Martinez and Xabi Alonso (Bayern), Herrera (Man Utd), Ruffier (Sainté), Llorente (Juventus), Amorebieta (Fulham?) and anyone else I forget.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Wow, I am not too motivated with these games lately but watching Julio Salinas commenting this game makes it even worse. :yuck: Anyway, I will watch it. I think Catalonia has a better team tonight (not a better 'possible' team) but we play home so it should be tight.

You can watch it here:
http://www.eitb.eus/eu/kirolak/zuzenean/?_ga=1.242018114.1706625929.1418485555

Amorrortu-Etxarri start with:

Gorka Iraizoz

Carlos Martínez - Jon Ansotegi - Iñigo Martínez - Mikel Balenziaga

Ander Iturraspe - Beñat Etxebarria

Ander Capa - Xabi Prieto - Ibai Gómez

Aritz Aduriz

Gerard López starts with:

Kiko Casilla

Víctor Sánchez - Gerard Piqué - Marc Bartra - Jordi Alba

Gerard Deulofeu - Sergio Busquets - Xavi Hernández - Aleix Vidal

Sergio García - Jonathan Soriano

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Ibai and Gorka remain for the second half, 1-1:

Gorka Iraizoz

Eneko Bóveda - Xabi Etxeita - Mikel San José - Jon Aurtenetxe

Markel Bergara - Dani García

Markel Susaeta - Roberto Torres - Ibai Gómez

Mikel Arruabarrena

Yuri Berchiche and Xabi Irureta remain in the bench.

Catalonia is playing better.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Horrible second half... Overall better Catalonia so we should be happy with the draw. The list was terrible, having to play the second half with two leftbacks.. :rolleyes:

I was very interested in watching Eneko Bóveda and Ander Capa. The first was decent, the second did not have his best night. On the other hand, two of the other not-so-established were pretty good in the second half, Roberto Torres and Dani García. In fact, Torres was EH's best player together with Gorka and Aritz IMO. I don't know if he plays like this every weekend but he shinned for moments, outplayed some of Catalonia defenders and always had 'bad intentions' in his movements, shot from everywhere. A player worth taking a look.

In Catalonia, who else but Xavi and Sergio García were their best players.

Anyway, one more game in a road to nowhere.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Well, I was in San Mamés and I enjoyed the match and the atmosphere the fans created.. to be honest, there was more atmosphere yesterday compared to the matches of Athletic Club I have seen in San Mamés.. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts