Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Velez Sarsfield will seek to have Lazio midfielder Lucas Castroman suspended unless the Rome club pay the final £1.3 million instalment of his transfer fee by the end of the month.

Lazio paid 50 per cent of Castroman's £5.3 million fee up front when they signed him two years ago, but failed to meet the January 2002 deadline for the final instalment.

"We don't claim that we should be given back the player but we have been patient enough," said club president Enrique Masseoud. "We have given Lazio many deadlines and they have never done as they promised."

Lazio have assured Velez they will settle the debt by the beginning of July, but the Argentine club have grown exasperated and will demand the new deadline is met.

"We are in continuous negotiations and are aware of the fact that they have financial problems, but we have debts and our financial situation is probably worse than theirs," Masseoud continued.

"Therefore, they will have to pay by the end of June or we will ask Fifa to disqualify the player."

Source - Onefootball

Well...... we have this and Stam's tranfer fee to pay up aswell,
how is Crag going to afford signing Veron/Rivaldo and keeping Nesta and Crespo is beyond me, I wonder if he even paid for Sorin and Oddo . :rolleyes::D

Damn, I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry about this :tongue: :groan:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Well, probably both at the same time;)

That will be a pefect schizophrenia, like our transfer market strategy is for last two years:D

I dont think that we paid for Sorin & Oddo either;) Crag is banking on selling out 6-7 if not more players, that will finance all these deals, pay off the debts & maybe even make some money out of it.

Considering that cash is a commodity that very few teams have nowdays, i finde it hard to believe that this tactics will work;)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also read that we haven't paid for Cesar and Poborsky yet :eek:

Damn, Crag is the master of getting players without paying :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Crags was hoping to get those great interest-free deals.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts