Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Mitilineos has convinced Debbah that his plans for iraklis are big...Debbah as it was NOT expected signed a new 2+1 years contract with the option on the team.He will earn 300.000$ per year.

For those who dont know him,James Debbah is a 30 year old Liberian forward,starter at his national team.He is considered among the best 5 forwards of the league.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i know him. he played for anderlecht a couple of seasons ago. he came from nice (or another small team in france) but didn't impress anyone. surprisingly enough psg then wanted him. didn't know he played in greece now. so he's doing a good overthere. is he played as a central forward? it looked to me as if he would fit better on the right side!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised that Debbah didnt make it at a team where Gianis Anastasiou (he sucks!) manages to hold a starting role...anyway,Iraklis is just an average team so Debbah is shining there.But I cant explain that a player couldnt make it at a league of the same power as Greek (if not lesser).Maybe at a smaller club he would do better.

RobD,congrats on the championship.How do the crappy greeks (Kounenakis and Anastasiou) do over there?

------------------

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
well anastasiou started exactely 2 games this season. he has the excuse that he's blocked by the great jan koller. i think he isn't that good (much too slow but he scores very very easiely), but he's (along with zetterberg and stoica) the favourite of the anderlecht-fans. some are stupid enough to proclaim he should start and koller should be sold.

about kounenakis i can't say anything real since december he played 45 minutes with the b-team. the rest of the time he was injured. our board is considering to break his contract. tell me what kind of a player is he? is he fast 'cause that is what we are missing a fast defender.

anyway the fans call him kostis2

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OFI fans (his ex team) used to nickname Kunenakis "Speedy Gonzalez",that saids it all.But I wont lie to you,he isnt something special.He is fast but too eratic for a center back and he isnt skilled enough for a wing-back.However,he has talent.All he needs is some confidence in order to stop these stupid errors and you have a pretty good sweeper/central defender.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts