Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this debate has gone on long enough in the Inter forum and other forums. So I want to pose all of you the question- Who is a better all around midfielder, Dejan Stankovic or Emre?

I personally think its Stankovic, I think Emre is overrated b/c of one good season and we have yet to see that quality of passing and quality of defense again. Stankovic on the other hand is a little worse defensively, but he doesn't foul as much and also, he is a better shooter, better in the air, and I think a better passer. Your opinions, all of you?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Its tough mate, Stan is an excellent shooter of the ball gets into good possitions while Emre is a good paser and can read the game well. I believe Emre is more technically gifted then Stan but I like Stan's determination and character.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hehe I thought it was Stankovic v Gerrard? Anyway that was obvious and this is closer so I will say is both of them can do the job for Inter. One doesn't stand out from the other but I disagree with you when you say Stankovic is a better passer, I think Emre is more intelligent in his reading of the game but his main problem is his size and ofcourse Stankovic scores more but Emre is a better passer and dribbler like I said.

Its close so it could go either way especially since I haven't seen Emre at his best because of injury problems, lack of continuity in minutes etc. The Emre of the 2003 season is better than Stankovic IMO but for now Im calling it even. It will be easier to judge when Emre leaves Inter and is a starter.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Faisal said:
Hehe I thought it was Stankovic v Gerrard? Anyway that was obvious and this is closer so I will say is both of them can do the job for Inter. One doesn't stand out from the other but I disagree with you when you say Stankovic is a better passer, I think Emre is more intelligent in his reading of the game but his main problem is his size and ofcourse Stankovic scores more but Emre is a better passer and dribbler like I said.
I never said that, I said Emre is the one who passes the ball and reads the game better.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
No mate Im talking about Pulsar, He said Stankovic is a better passer.

Thats not true at all, When Emre is allowed to play without limitations he is a fantastic passer of the ball so I agree with you there.

Stankovic is better in some areas and Emre in others, But Emre can't really be judged compared to a guy who plays more than double his minutes. When Emre moves we will see what level he is at and then I can be more conclusive.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Faisal said:
No mate Im talking about Pulsar, He said Stankovic is a better passer.

Thats not true at all, When Emre is allowed to play without limitations he is a fantastic passer of the ball so I agree with you there.

Stankovic is better in some areas and Emre in others, But Emre can't really be judged compared to a guy who plays more than double his minutes. When Emre moves we will see what level he is at and then I can be more conclusive.
True so I gues we can't really compare them as ppl see more of Stankovic then Emre. Its unfair to Emre really.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i am the only one here who thinks emre is a better player....this season dejan easly is the better player..but emre didnt play so often like the last sesaon...and when i remember some goals emre scored...i have to go with him

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Stankovic without any hesitation. He scores and has more assits than emre and this is playing on the wing which is not his best position.

·
Registered
653 Posts
DEJAN STANKOVIC :excited:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Emre. If you watch him play for the turkish nt you would have no doubt who he is the better player ;)

I know all the Inter fans will pick Stankovic because they are mad at Emre after what he said the other day. Stankovic is a good player though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Stankovic is overrated his not even that good ok is got a good shot but so does emre. stankovic scores more goals but emre passes it to a player in a better position which is a better for the team ok he does not score but he creates more goals. emre is also used in the wing and he still plays better then stankovic in the wing stankovic was average in lazio and he is still average.

How could you expect emre to go back in form if does not even play. if a player plays once a month and only plays in the last 10 mins his form will diffenetly dip and look inconsitant.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
they are not same position at all... :?
belezologu is more defensive player then dejan, and emre is for me the best turkish player... he is not going on my nerves... like some other turkish

·
Registered
373 Posts
i just wanted to point out that emre is used out of poistion in inter more then stankovic.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Emre is the better player when given a fair chance. Deki is one of the most overrated midfielders in Serie A IMO. Never performces in the big games.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Emre is much more talented,and not defensive guy as mancini uses him.That's the only problem here,Under mancini Emre couldn't perform his talents, and Many guys who say Stankovic is better are gonna see the big difference between Emre and Stankovic in a couple of years..Emre makes a big difference...

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
kilixx said:
i just wanted to point out that emre is used out of poistion in inter more then stankovic.

Please Stankovic is played out of position for Inter 99.99% of the time. I would prefer him in the middle but he didn't have the best of games tonight for us but he's been playing very poorly lately. As for this determination, I wish he showed some of it tonight. :rollani:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts