Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an article about it here it is.

"05/09/2000. Massimo De Santis, the referee who disallowed Fabio Cannavaro's late goal against Juventus last Sunday, is suffering terrible repercussions following his controversial call. His mother, Dilia De Santis, admitted today that she and some other family members have received several death threats from unknown sources.

The situation seems to be getting completely out of hand, and the man who chose De Santis for the incriminated match, Paolo Bergamo, came forth to defend his friend and former colleague.

" De Santis has all of our support because he is living a moment that has nothing to do with a sporting event. He is forced to stay at home all day and some of his family members have received threats. We are very close to him both as a referee but most of all as a man," said Casarin.

Well what do you think about that?
This will bring a bad reputation to all Lazio supporters!

I have to go to play a soccergame now.
bye

------------------
"Chi non salta giallorosso e'!!!!!"

Marcelo Salas

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Are you suggesting that Lazio supporters are behind those
threats??

If there are people making theats to De Santis then they do
so AS INDIVIDUALS and NOT as football supporters!!

So I really don't see why this would be bad for our reputation,
as it has NOTHING to do with supporting Lazio!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Boyo; Do You think it's fans of Venezia then ?

I agree with You that this has nothing to do with the CLUB Lazio (just like the racism things didn't), but as the people in question are PROPABLY Lazio fans obviously it gives a bad image.
Since it's not motivated by the club You can argue about it being a private affair, but it is motivated by happenings on the field, and it all relates to football so you really can't use that argumentation.
If your point is that such people are not true fans of Lazio, I see Your point from an idealistic angle, but it still doesn't change that they buy merchandize, tickets etc. etc. and are thus...fans.

Ciao.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Do you suggest that perhaps Irriducibily is behind it?Or the Ultras?

------------------
*AVANTI LAZIO,IL FUTURO TI APPARTIENE*

·
38,110 Posts
Well, then it would all just come down to what the definition
of "football fan" is. To me a person can only be refered to as
a fan when he is actively supporting his team. For the rest of
the time he is just a private person.

If I would rob a bank tomorrow and get caught, there would
be a headline in the newspapers saying "Boyo arrested for bank
robbery", not "Lazio fan arrested for bank robbery". Because
I would be acting as a person and not as a fan. Sure, maybe I
did it to give the money to Lazio so that they can buy Batistuta,
but that would still not make it an action by a Lazio fan.

On the other hand if I would be at the stadium, wearing a Lazio
shirt and get caught fighting with fans from an other team, then
there would be headlines saying "Lazio fans caught fighting", because
then it would be an action by Lazio fans. Sure, the motivation
may have been that I saw the thief who stole my car amongst
the fans of the opposing team, but it would still be seen as an
action by Lazio fans.

But you are correct when you say that this will probably reflect
on Lazio supporters, just like the racism thing, wich I think is sad.
It can just as well be "fans" from Parma, or just some psychopath
tyring to get attention. Hey, maybe it's Juve fans trying to give
Lazio a bad name :) :) :)

This whole thing brings back painfull memories of the 1994
world cup, when Colombian player Escobar scored an own
goal and was killed by "fans" in Medellin because of it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I suggest you all think about those
"mafiosi" rubentini bastards!!!!!
Let's not forget that the whole world
is seeing what is going on!!!!!!
As far as the threats go,well if de****forbrainssantis has a dirty conscience(I personally beleive he does) then I really couldn't give a ****!!!!!!He should of thought about that before bringing his suitcase to the BANK!!!!!!!

juve ladrona
juventini bastardi
conte(he needs new surgery,not a hair transplant but a brain that works!!!!)

------------------
SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
From how things are going...yup the drama,great performances,theatrics...what Italians are famous for exactly ;) I can almost say for sure that eventually things can be like this :
'...poor ref, he was just a victim of the situation! Now with this useless incident -such a fuss about A Goal or Not A Goal? - all his family must suffer! Aarrggh, those football fans, they just know how to destroy, create problems, kill each other... ;) ;) ;)...people, have a pity on the ref! He's just HuMan, not immune to mistakes...give him a chance...Don't you see? He IS the victim...poor guy ;) ;) :D
I mean no disrespect to the ref and his mother, truly! But the way things are going...Lazio can be portrayed as the villain at the end, the ref as the Hero! All these drama...^_^

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
It is sad that football comes to this...I feel sorry for the family of the ref now!!!

Boyo..I loved your post...could you come up with any more excuses?? :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldn't care less if he ever comes out of his house again.His actions were criminal on sunday...seems ironic to me that his house is now a prison.Still,he can well afford a nice holiday in the carribbean with all that rubentus money in his pockets...
Juventini:Ladri D'Italia.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
A bad reputition to Lazio supporters ?
don't be funny please!
how about Juve's reputition !
They stole our title and everybody knows it.
20 years later nobody will remember De Santis except us and It will be written "Juve's 26th title was year 2000!"
Who is gonna give our Tricolore back?
Who is gonna punish this coglione referee?
Law ? FIGC won't send him to matches few weeks that's all.
Of course nobody will kill him.But at least referees will realise that "THERE IS NO GAME WITH LAZIO"
Violence is not a fair solution but In this case, May be this is the best way.
next week or next year ý am sure referees will have to pay more attention to critical games.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think all of you guys are very Sportive and very kind gentlemen in this forum.But you don't consider everything.They stole what we got,what we deserve ! Can't you see it? How would you react to a thief if he gets in your house?
Who cares about reputition ?
I hate racists.But everybody thinks that Lazio supporters are racists!Just % 2 of Lazio fans are racists i guess.May be less.
Also i will give you another sample :
Leeds UTD fans and all other English fans had a very bad reputition.Leeds were out of European Cups, They caused lots of Incidents.But after two bums killed in a street fight in Istanbul.They suddenly became angels ! Could someone explain this to me?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you recieve 5-10 million $ fron the Agnelli bastards, I think you can take a couple of death treats without making such a big story about it....he will be laughing all the way to the bank...
But seroiusly, mistakes are made all the time by refs..but about this one I really doubt it could be a mistake....

·
38,110 Posts
Nice to hear you liked my post, Natalya. And yes I can come up
with a lot more of these 'explanations'!!

While I meant them to just be metaphores to underline my
arguments to Glen, reading back my post I realised that it had
turned out a lot more funny than i intended.

I have been thinking about posting a Letterman-style top ten list,
or maybe a few of those "you could be a redneck if..." jokes.
There has been a lot of anger and frustration in these forums
for the past few days, so maybe a couple of jokes will get people
to loosen up a bit. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
De Santis deserves every threat he recieves, about his family, well he should have thought about that when he was recieving his bonus from BASTARDO moggi!!

De Santis alla forca!!

------------------
LAZIO E BASTA

·
International
8,545 Posts
Death threats are wrong any way you look at them. Any of you who are happy he's gotten some, need to take some anger management courses. Defending or condoning these threats illustrates just what kind of a person you are.

NO GOD FEARING PERSON WOULD CONDONE A THREAT AGAINST ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS LIFE. IT'S NOT ONLY BAD TO CONDONE IT, BUT ESPECIALLY BAD WHEN YOU CONSIDER IT'S OVER A FOOTBALL MATCH.

If any of you don't believe in God, I'll say that NO PERSON WITH MORALS WOULD CONDONE A THREAT AGAINST ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS LIFE.

GOT IT???

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What I saw last Sunday was quite ordinary.
De Santis disallowed the goal because Juve was the home team.
Is there anybody that thinks that the goal would been disallowed in a Torino-Parma match ?
The threats angainst other people are horrible. Anyway, there are dangerous jobs where you get death threats. De Santis knew that it was a important match so he also knew what was coming after the game so I don't blame the people who send these threats.
This also proves that football is not a game
- it's a lifestyle.

·
38,110 Posts
Sure Jooso, it can be a lifestyle to some,
to me Lazio is more like a religion!! But that does not mean you can call everything I do an act by a Lazio supporter! That was the point I was trying to make earlier.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
no Glen, Ithink it wasn't Venezia's fans, but juve fans, because if De Santis allowed the goal there will be a playoff game, and it means more entertainments come for juve's fans, right ?!!!

don't think it seriously :) :) :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts