Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disgusting :yuck: And it's such behaviour that players from the old firm have to put up with on a depressingly regular basis...

THREAT DAUBED NEAR PLAYER'S HOME Nov 23 2004

By Paula Murray

THREATENING graffiti has been sprayed near the home of Rangers star Nacho Novo.

White lettering sprayed on a wooden fence near the block of flats the player stays in on the Clyde coast said 'NOVO RIP'.

The sickening message was left hours after Saturday's Old Firm game, which ended with Rangers winning 2-0.

The Spaniard scored a penalty which helped his team to their first league win against Celtic in 20months.

But the striker could be in trouble himself with football officials after appearing to kick at a Celtic player in the hot-tempered match.

Yesterday, there was no one home at Novo's flat.

But a neighbour,who asked not to be named, said of the graffiti: 'This is a small village. We only have one pub and normally everybody gets on fine.

'I can't help but think it must have been done by outsiders. It's not exactly hard to miss, the letters must be three feet high.'

The Rangers star has been plagued by vandalism since his team beat Celtic in the CIS Cup almost a fortnight ago.

His company car was targeted and his other car, a convertible, had its tyres slashed and windows smashed.

Rangers sent their security staff to see local police to express their concern.

-------

btw apologies for posting an article from the Daily Retard :doh:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
It can only paint a bad image of Glasgow.It happens to players on both sides of the divide.Unfortunately,his style and character cause him to be singled out,unlike Boumsong who is calmer.Playing for Rangers or Celtic means you are living in a gold fish bowl.It would be better just to keep a low profile.

·
Registered
633 Posts
A bad societal problem this.

Thing to remember is it's probably wee acne-scarred neds who wouldn't say boo to a goose.

I.E. 60% of Parkhead go-er's :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Shameful and disgraceful.

A fair point that it's highly unlikely that anything untoward would actually happen to Novo, but still a disgrace and I hope the perpetrators are caught and severely punished. Perhaps then the next idiot who's thinking about doing it will think twice.

However, like the idiots who did this to Neil Lennon earlier this year, I doubt the perpetrators will be caught. A real pity, I'd like to see them named and shamed, banned from their teams stadium for life and jailed for a decent period of time, regardless of their previous criminal record.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Part of the problem with naming and shaming someone is that the level headed people like ourselves see it this way but these idiots would actually like that kind of notoriety. They'd see it as something to brag about.

·
Registered
300 Posts
glasgow is said to be a nice place to stay but if football can turn all that around then we are talking of a great damage to the image that the govt of scotland is trying to portary. i have being watching football for ages and all the derbies i have sen do not get to this range of players life being threatened. i hope it changes and i hope novo defiles all odds and win the golden boots as well as the league for us.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
shiner2k said:
glasgow is said to be a nice place to stay but if football can turn all that around then we are talking of a great damage to the image that the govt of scotland is trying to portary. i have being watching football for ages and all the derbies i have sen do not get to this range of players life being threatened. i hope it changes and i hope novo defiles all odds and win the golden boots as well as the league for us.
I think the majority of supporters on both sides of the fence would be against what is happening to players like Novo and Lennon. It is a blight on Scotland's society and a real sad state of affairs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts