Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of him?
My opinion is that he could become the next Alan Shearer. He scores a goal nearly every match and is both-leged.
I'm sure he'll leave Crewe for 4 Mio Pound in winter and show his talent in the Premier League.
Ashton scores more goals in the English League Championship than for example Johnson or Defoe and everybody sees how well they play in the Premier League.
So I hope he'll go to Everton this winter.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Yeah he is a quality player and he deserves a chance in the top flight sooner or later, I don't think Crewe would get as much as £4 Mill' for him though ...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Ashton seems to have everything you look for in a good striker,but there is always a risk involved when any player moves up a divison. I'm surprised no one has taken a punt on him before now though.
Dean, I think Crewe would easily get £4 mil for him, maybe not as a lump sum, perhaps linked to appearances etc.
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him in a Palace shirt, I believe Dowie made enquiries during the summer but the price was too high :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Ashton is a quality player, watched him and Steve Jones rip us apart earlier in the season, they scored 4 goals between them that day. That was the best performance I've seen from any team this year in the championship, and they way there going at the minute, I wouldn't rule out Crewe, in the premiership next season, IMO it's no crazier than a team like Wigan or Reading getting promoted.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
He has been for several seasons now one of the "Rob Earnshaw" type players that score a lot at first div level but no-one seems to take a gamble on them to see if they can cut the mustard in the Prem. Prem teams would rather buy ready made quality from the continent, his best chance of playig Prem footy, IMO, is if he gets promoted.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Looks like he is going to Norwich, as Crewe have accepted a bid from them. Not a bad place for him to get his first taste of premiership football, if he can get the goals maybe he and Norwich will still be there next season.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I thought Deano may of been looking at a better EPL club where he can adapt with time. The problem with going to Norwich is that they are struggling and will expect an instant impact and he may not be able to hit the ground running, take Earnie at WBA as an example.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Earnies trouble is he isn't 10ft 6 and therefore cant hold the ball up when we lump it forward time and time again. :wallbang:

Rumour has it we are checkign out Kevin Campbell and Big Dunc. (No seriously we are!)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Interista said:
Duncan Ferguson is a thug
You are right, but as a player he can be unstoppable (when he's not injured or suspended:eek: )

What kind of fee have Norwich and Crewe agreed,anyone know?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
1 goal in 5 matches for the cannaries.( that goal coming in 4-4 draw against boro). may be he needs a little bit of time to settle down, or perhaps he is not EPL material. in any case, Norwich will surely go down, so it may be return to familiar territory for the lad, next season.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
jimbo jones said:
IMO it's no crazier than a team like Wigan or Reading getting promoted.
Wigan or Reading .......... or Derby. :D

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
got his 2nd yesterday against Man City. to no avail though ,as City snatches the 3 points after being 2-0 down.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
He'll be fine, it's a big step up to premiership pace - he admits that himself.

Not easy to get comfortable in a side battling relegation, if Norwich do go down though... they have a very good chance of coming straight back up next season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts