Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you thought about making trades with Milan & Juve. Rumors swirl in the press that Juve want Samuel and Milan want Zebina and Inter want Totti. Under what circumstances would you deal with the devils? Do you think we need to start negotiating w/ them because of our financial problems? Would you ever be willing to supplement their squads with our gladiators? Remember seeing Cafu leave for Milan last season? Wasn't that disgusting? Isn't it utterly puke worthy that Zebina wants out of Roma after we developed him? What do you see for the future in terms of dealing with the enemy?
I say under almost any circumstance - no! Deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Isn't it utterly puke worthy that Zebina wants out of Roma after we developed him?
Come on!
We haven't even given the guy a new contract

Its only natural for him to look at other options in SerieA or abroad with time running out on his current contract

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Under NO circumstances any deal with giuventus or milan!

Zebina is unfortunatly free to do and go wherever he wants to, when out of contract.
As Cafù was last summer.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
It won't go so far that Roma has to do a Fiorentina or Lazio and sell your Rui Costa/Nesta to the devils.

Zebina/Cafu you guys had nothing to do with anyways.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
No, Cafu was a player i genuinely admired before he joined Milan, i assumed that his half assed running was down to his age but it turns out he just couldnt give a shit what happened to us. Zebina will probably go but realisticly Sensi would never, ever sell Samuel, Totti etc. to anyone in the north, especially when we can find buyers anywhere in Europe for these players.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
When we sell our best players to the Northern Trio,we become nothing more than a Rometta.I like how we have been in the last few years.We do not sell or trade with them.The other capital team has sold all their best players to them,even though they could have sold abroad.I mean Nesta,Nedved,Crespo etc with part exchanges and where are they now.They get players who are not either Juve,Inter or AC Milan quality.Even now,Stankovic has gone there and word is Stam is going to Milan.How can you ever win if your star players go North?And they sell you nearly men.I mean Totti to in Inter,so Inter gives Recoba.No way.Or do you think Milan would give us Sheva for Totti.I do not think so.Probably offer us Rui Costa.No thanks again.As for Juve,Samuel along with Puyol,is one of the finest centre backs around and I do not think they would give us a star player in exchange.I really do not fancy Legrottaglie.I want AS ROMA to remain a giant and not become like Lazio,a feeder club for the North.We may always find fault with Sensi,though deciding NOT to trade with these clubs has made us their equal,and thats they way I want to stay.All we need is squad strenghthening and a TOP quality striker,and next year AS ROMA will make us proud.
With the Northern trio,you must not let cajoule you into selling players as the past always tell you,they come out looking best.I like the way Romanista10 thinks,football is all about trophies,thats how the BIG clubs view it.Football is all about competing,thats for the not so big clubs.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
AS Roma did not become the norths equal by NOT selling stars, you guys became it by spending more than your club can handle.
Lazio did the same, Crag bought everyone Svennis pointed towards and yeah they got, in your words, what football is all about but they lost everything they bought and even more, so much more that they lost their bandiera himself.
You're pointing to Lazio to show what not to do? Well point, look and learn the lesson because Roma is walking in their footsteps.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Both "Roma 10" and "Quivering" made vital and true points.
Sensi was playing an immensly risky game, when spending money we din't have just to get us a championship.
I'm so gratefull we got at least that one, especially after this other club won it the season before.
That was a big satisfaction!

Not that i wasn't heart-broken after the horrible last season and watching us screwing it up after Christmas in this one.
But(with the exception of juventus) after every great championship era came not so good years.

Just look at Milan after they won the League in 1995/96.
The following 2 seasons they finished around 10th position in the classifica.
When you see them now, you tend to forget where they stood a few years back.

But we are neither Milan nor Juventus although we could compete very very well against them in the last years.
Not historically and not financially.
It was a game of time and how much we could get out in that few last seasons.It could and should have been way more, but just like in the 80's when we had a wonderfull squad it only was one championship.
I just hope that we won't have to wait such an ammount of time for the next one.

It's a big surprise, at least for me how lazio could remain so competitive after they had to see all their best players as "Quivering" pointed out.
Fortunatly we have a brilliant youth-team compared to them, which gives me hope we can fight the evil empire a few more seasons within this decade.
No team except Juventus can avoid having some bad years after flying, that's what we as Roma supporters have to remember and be aware of.

"Romanista 10's" view of it is a beautifull optimistic and in some ways a romanitic one.I wish i could share it aswell...
Compared to clubs like Parma, Bologna, Udinese(don't take it as an insult if supporters of those teams read that) we always know deep in our hearts that we definitly will win it again.
It might take some time, but we as Romanisti will be there and ready.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
il_principe said:
It might take some time, but we as Romanisti will be there and ready.
If Milan hadn't had this super season Roma would of won (BTW we havn't won yet;) ). Fot the future, we will not win forever. Juve look like a team that for a while may not win (of course I could be wrong their). Inter simply NEVER WINS:D So I see Roma winning next year or the year after:)

P.S. Cafù last year had already signed for a Japanease team then changed his mind. It was Roma that didn't feel he was needed

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
If only we would have known that Pendolino would be so helpfull to you, we should have kept him just for the sake of it and let him watch all games from tribuna d'onore...:D

Inter will be back in the race big time next season, you'll see diavolino mio! ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
il_principe said:
If only we would have known that Pendolino would be so helpfull to you, we should have kept him just for the sake of it and let him watch all games from tribuna d'onore...:D

Inter will be back in the race big time next season, you'll see diavolino mio! ;)
We have developed a new strategy titled: "Garbadge Players Rescue Plan";) Basically it consists in signing players no longer needed in other clubs:cool: : Cafù, Pancaro, Pirlo:D ,Seedorf:D JDT:cool:

Principe, scream out loud the hidden Perdenti side that is kicking inside you;)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Diavolo said:
Principe, scream out loud the hidden Perdenti side that is kicking inside you;)
Pfffff!! ma che c.... :D
Milanista(and beeing younger than 25 years) or Gobbo is something for people only beeing afraid of going through dark valleys! ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
il_principe said:
Pfffff!! ma che c.... :D
Milanista(and beeing younger than 25 years) or Gobbo is something for people only beeing afraid of going through dark valleys! ;)
Being Interista has something to do with S&M;)

Being Milanista has something to do with the Devil :devil:

Cmon principe we know you are a little bit Interista;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
il_principe said:

But we are neither Milan nor Juventus although we could compete very very well against them in the last years.
Not historically and not financially.
It was a game of time and how much we could get out in that few last seasons.It could and should have been way more, but just like in the 80's when we had a wonderfull squad it only was one championship.
I just hope that we won't have to wait such an ammount of time for the next one.
You could be. Because you have the backing/fans, stadium and good youth team that is needed. there is easily room for you to increase income and trim expenses without losing out in the process. Theoretically you should not have it that much harder than ManU to get it going.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Diavolo said:

Cmon principe we know you are a little bit Interista;)
Yes, 6 times a season!
In the derby della madunina, derby d'italia and against lazio!
But i ain't unhappy either when we beat them 4-1... :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
il_principe said:
Yes, 6 times a season!
In the derby della madunina, derby d'italia and against lazio!
But i ain't unhappy either when we beat them 4-1... :D
Interista:depress: why principe? tell the world why:confused:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Diavolo said:
Interista:depress: why principe? tell the world why:confused:
I doubt the world, is any interested in why i sometimes cross my fingers for i nerazzurri.
But it has nothing to do with that i don't drink 10 espressi a day in case you remember our conversation about food back then. ;)

We're already pretty offtopic in this thread anyway... :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
il_principe said:
I doubt the world, is any interested in why i sometimes cross my fingers for i nerazzurri.
Don't underestimate youself;)

Be careful with thoes fingers:D You know, arthritis;)

P.S. So you think Inter will win Scudetto before Roma:confused: ;)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts

P.S. So you think Inter will win Scudetto before Roma [/B]

Unfortunatly yes i do, to be honest.

They'll win it next season, or the one after, but definitly the next one then, or 100% the one after that... ;)

Funny that all italian interisti i know, hardly admit they are nerazzurri, but always say they just love to watch beautifull football but no specific team.Then you instantly know who they really cheer for. :D

My guess for next giallorosso "trukke trukke" will be around 2006/07.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
il_principe said:
Funny that all italian interisti i know, hardly admit they are nerazzurri, but always say they just love to watch beautifull football but no specific team.Then you instantly know who they really cheer for. :D
:D

Here they are a bit like that, but when they win 3 games in a row, they become imediately 100% sure Scudetto winners:tongue: Anyway, it's bound to happen:mad: one day even mankind will be able to fly:) But as a Milanista, I can tell you, never underestimate them. Last week during Milan Vs Depo, when Pandiani scored, I received 7 SMS by Interisti;) So I'm always on guard:devil:

On topic: 2006/07 is not that far away;) My guess is sooner:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts