Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniele De Rossi’s ‘confession’ has earned praise from the Roma Coach and his teammates, who also give an update on Francesco Totti’s recovery process.

“It was a wonderful gesture and represents what Daniele and the Roma players are like,” claimed director Rosella Sensi after the 2-1 win over Messina this evening.

De Rossi had knocked the ball into the net for the Giallorossi’s second goal, but confessed to the referee that he had done so with his hand and asked for the goal to be disallowed.

“These are the teachings that come from Luciano Spalletti and you saw that De Rossi did not hesitate to come forward and admit his mistake.”

Simone Perrotta had opened the scoring and also praised his teammate for his honesty in this situation.

“Daniele was absolutely right and we need to start from these gestures if we are to improve football,” said the midfielder.

“My job is to play in the centre, but I admit it is fun to push forward a little more in the new position Spalletti has prepared for me. Messina deserve compliments for their performance, as they put us under pressure and are probably too good a side to go down.”

Spalletti agreed that he has tried to instil a sporting character to the Giallorossi side this season.

“De Rossi took the right route and I am glad it was one of my players who made that step. It’s an important message for everyone involved in this sport. Nobody had noticed, not even the referee, so he could easily have gotten away with it, but Daniele didn’t even celebrate and knew immediately he wouldn’t let it stand.”

The only man who wasn’t ready to shake De Rossi’s hand was Messina Coach Bortolo Mutti.

“He should’ve been booked. It wouldn’t have changed anything, but it would’ve been a sign to us that we were on an even playing field. Let’s not forget our player, Ivica Iliev, was suspended earlier this season for simulation and nobody else has been held to such strict rules.”

Nonetheless, Mutti did admit that Roma deserved the 2-1 victory at the Stadio Olimpico this evening.

“Not much worked for us, as our opponents held possession well and we didn’t make the most of our chances because Gianluca Curci made some great saves. Our season will be decided over the next few weeks.”

De Rossi was also stretchered off with a suspected sprained ankle this evening and is in hospital for tests on the injury. Spalletti explained: “The ankle has swollen up and is sore, so it has been put in a rigid bandage to keep it still.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love De Rossi...class and integrity at its best.

Roma is the anti-Juve! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Having said that his injury should not last longer that 2/3 weeks, class gesture :cool:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Nice gesture indeed. I am little bemused as to why he threw his hand out to get the ball in the first place, if he was going to confess to it afterwards, at least Mancini's free kick would of tested Storari.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
well from what i hear its sprained anke is in not? which means he will miss coppa italia, and juve but he should be back for fiorentina which will ultimately go a long way in deciding who will go to the CL.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
De Rossi is awesome, il give u tht! Probly join a big team in the fuuture - hopefully JUVE!!! Shame ur tifosi r scum tho

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Vaughany said:
De Rossi is awesome, il give u tht! Probly join a big team in the fuuture - hopefully JUVE!!! Shame ur tifosi r scum tho
a minority that is.

but probably that violent/fascist minority are still more people than those who cheer on juve at delle alpi, so from a juventino point of view it of course means the whole tifoseria...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I wonder why nobody jump at Liverpool when their fans throw crap (literally) at the supporters of Manchester United. Or at every second Primera club for their monkey noices. Let's face it, people only go after the clubs they want to go after, or even worse: the clubs that are punished. It's pissing me off. We're completely regular in terms of negative fan culture, it's just a small group of people who stand out. Oh and by the way? I saw the iron cross in the Juventus-curva against Livorno.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Two weeks out for De Rossi Monday 20 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniele De Rossi is facing a race against time in order to be fit for Roma’s key game against Fiorentina on April 2.

The midfielder picked up an injury in last night’s 2-1 win over Messina and is now a doubt for the tie which could decide which club finishes fourth and wins a place in the Champions League.

De Rossi has twisted his ankle and will remain on crutches for the next seven days, before being able to resume training.

The youngster will definitely miss the Coppa Italia tie against Palermo on Wednesday and also Saturday’s trip to Juventus.

There were fears that the injury may be serious, but tests at the Villa Stuart clinic immediately after the game have ruled out complications.

De Rossi had an eventful tie at the Olimpico last night after winning praise for admitting to the referee that he had scored with his hand, a goal which the referee initially awarded.

His club and Messina applauded the gesture as did Walter Ventroni, the mayor of Rome, who phoned the player after the game.

“His actions should make him proud, his club and this city,” stated Ventroni. “It was an example that could help this sport.”

channel4

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Drogba scored using his arm today =)

On the question: "Do you think you played in the spirit of the game"

He answered: "Of course"

There´s a difference between a football player and a Champion. Grande De Rossi!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts