Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
De Rossi Staying Put
4/29/2005 4:30:00 PM
The Roma midfielder has no intention of leaving the Capital city side any time soon.
One of Italy’s brightest hopes, Daniele De Rossi, has pledged his future with the Giallorossi as transfer rumours are currently circulating around most Roma players.

“My future is 99% with Roma. I don’t say 100% because it’s dangerous. If they don’t send me away, I’m not leaving. However if the club needs to sell, they will do so.”

Many Roma players, including stars Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano, have been linked to a move away from Rome this summer, especially if the club fails to reach a European qualification.

source : goal.com

this, i must say, is very good for the team. I like de rossi and he truly loves the club.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
De rossi is a young blood. Every team is depending on their youngsters so its a good news from Roma's point of view that he wants to stay. He is brilliant in midfield and i hope if he stays he will play more brilliantly next season for his club.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It will be great when this season finally finishes and we hopefully aren't relegated. it sounds like the boys are still loyal and obviously will be very motivated for next season if they stay. we will be unrecognisable next year :hopefull: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Thotobald said:
De Rossi, Capitano in the making :star:
that's such a long way down the road though, Thoto. Cassano is the vice captain now and Chivu might be next in line for the full-time role when that dark day comes. maybe De Rossi after him. :hopefull: :D

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Vagabondo said:
that's such a long way down the road though, Thoto. Cassano is the vice captain now and Chivu might be next in line for the full-time role when that dark day comes. maybe De Rossi after him. :hopefull: :D
True, but when - and not if - that day comes, we'll have an adequate capitano at our hands. No doubt about that! He's just a great example for everyone. I can't even imagine how great he will be as captain around 30 years of age.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yeah Chivu and De Rossi both have an unusual air of leadership even as young players. As captain of Ajax Chivu was a natural even without a lot of experience, and De Rossi has some similar characteristics on top of being a homegrown star. Maybe he needs a few less cards though or he'll end up getting criticised the same way as Totti is now. But even in the short-term imo if there's a bit of calm leadership elsewhere in the side, then we can afford to have a captain like Totti who is a bit more "spontaneous" in his approach. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts