Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
THE
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you already know that we sighned somebody. Here's the official information.

De Lucas, who will be 24 in August, has signed a four-year deal and will not be costing a transfer fee as his contract at his club of last season, Espanyol, expires this summer.

A native of Barcelona, the home of Espanyol, De Lucas is a former Spanish under 21 international and has been tracked for some time by Claudio Ranieri who first noticed the young player while managing Valencia.

During an interview on Chelsea TV, carried out through a translator, De Lucas explained that he feels comfortable playing anywhere across the midfield but does like to attack and get amongst the goals. He considers his strengths to be pace and an ability to use both feet. During last season for Espanyol, he made 33 Appearances and scored seven times.

The signing was announced by new managing director, Trevor Birch. De Lucas is the first player to join Chelsea since Birch took over from Colin Hutchinson in April.

-------

All right, free money. But he needs to take few English lessons first.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
The boy showed great potential, with a good coach he could really be something.

Don't know if CR will give him enough playing time or not though, remains to be seen.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
De Lucas had his breathrough this season. He got playing time because Velamazan got seriously injured so early in on the season. De Lucas was a central midfielder, but Paco Flores gave him Velamazan´s spot on the right and he took it. De Lucas is really an average footballer. He doesn´t have anything exepcional and is pretty average in everything. Most people remembers the goal he scored against Real Madrid on Montjuic which was a real beauty. His best ability is that he´s hard working. But the latest succes has made him more to a primadonna. He´s mostly fameous, here in Barcelona, for his nightlife which isn´t exactlly calm. He´s proberly one of the best looking players in the world which he uses to get new model girls every weekend. I´m not very found of him, and most people who praise him has mostly only seen glimps of his matches. Espanyol did the right thing when they sold him. De Lucas will fail in England since he lacks the mentality and physical ability to play in the Premiership. I´d go so far and say that Chelsea has thrown their money into the sea. Mark my words when his spell in Chelsea will only last one season. De Lucas just wants money.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If Robban is right then this player is the perfect deal. Now we have a another player with Jokanovics fantastic football skills and Terrys amazing ability to get into trouble outside the pitch.
He will probably do a ambrosetti, we buy the player but he doesnt play for our club but instead we let other teams loan him.

Cant we get some quality players who actually are good enough to play instead.:confused:

·
THE
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which part of the "free transfer" you didn't understand? We didn't pay anything.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Robban for sure has seen more of him then i have i believe.

Having said that, it would only be fair to see how he fares out after he starts playing (if he does!).

Kat,

I think Rob and the Swede are referring to the wages he will get.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Enrique is very inconsistent, brilliant at times, garbage at others. Hopefully he will ditch that side of his game.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Robban for sure has seen more of him then i have i believe.

Having said that, it would only be fair to see how he fares out after he starts playing (if he does!).

Kat,

I think Rob and the Swede are referring to the wages he will get.
Exactly!

Kat, I am sad to say that after the Carson-fight you have begun to get somewhat of an attitude problem. :D You seem to be agitated very easily...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've read some more about the fellow and it has changed my opinion somewhat. Perhaps he can improve the team. I certainly hopes so.:)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Sorry, I used the wrong words. What I´m trying to say is that I think Espanyol did the right thing when they let Quique Leave. He wanted a new contract with Espanyol, they offerd him a new one which suited a player of his ability. I mean he isn´t exactlly a spanish international. De Lucas refused the contract and wanted a massive wage which the board couldn´t accept. Mostly because they knew that Velamazan would be back for next season and he´s a better player than De Lucas. So De Lucas has been searching for a new club. I first thought he would go to Glasgow Rangers, but it looks like that it was Chelsea who offerd him the highest wage.

If he get into the team correctly he could "succed", but I doubt it. He´s too spanish to play in the premiership and don´t have the physics either. I predict that he´ll be injured alot and that you´ll see him mostly in the papers togheter with the most beautiful girls London has to offer. I don´t think he´ll stay longer than one season, but I could have wrong of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts