Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start this thread here instead of the Napoli forum for 2 reasons.

For starters: the Napoli forum is empty, and secondly, if I create a thread of such nature in the Napoli forum the perception would be that I'm trolling Napoli in their own backyard - When I don't dislike Napoli to begin with.

Anyhow, discuss and what not.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I cannot say that I read enough about the Napoli case to have a valid opinion, but what I did read seemed a ludicrous basis for any kind of punishment.
Of course, that is the case with a lot of these "you are guilty because you didn't say that there was a rumor that someone might want to influence the result of a game" accusations.

I like 'during the season' punishment even less than those for teams starting out with less points this season. It obviously opens up a can of worms where Napoli can say that other teams are trying to contend their CL spot through the courts. Well... or you can just blame it on Juve trying to insure their scudetto... if that works out better for ya'll.

:tongue:

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Will Napoli be allowed to play in Europe if they qualify? Didn't UEFA ban Fenerbahce under similar circumstances?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Will Napoli be allowed to play in Europe if they qualify? Didn't UEFA ban Fenerbahce under similar circumstances?
I think they still can play in Europe dude but not 100% sure:smileani:.Personally I don't like seeing teams/clubs being punished points really.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
By UEFA statutes, Napoli should be banned from next season's UEFA competitions if they remain guilty of indirectly influencing match results after exhausting the appeals process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts