Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so you all know it ended up DC 3 Newastle 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I know it's just a friendly, but it's still nice...:)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
But Dc United is the greatest team in MLS toghether with Tampa Bay and Chicago Fire right?
And they have some good players though but did Newcastle play with their best players?

·
Registered
986 Posts
...I seriously doubt it. :rolleyes: maybe a better question is: Did Newcastle play with ANY players? Or was it DC against the keeper? :D In which case I'd be surprised Castle only scored 1!! ;)

God, I'm awfully hard on my own country...MLS is kinda embarrassing, though. The only thing that would be worse is if Americans tried bragging about results like this as evidence that US soccer is comparable with EPL and european clubs. And I wouldn't put it past us!! In the Roma forum I posted a news statement I heard recently that had some US Sports Authority ( :confused: ) claim that because the US has initiated a multi-million dollar soccer development campaign, America will win the 2010 World Cup. ( :p snicker-snicker!)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Give me a break!
They should be glad if they reach the world cup then!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Football in the U.S, is the gridiron game. No continual flow, no creativity, plays called to the quarter back who acts like a robot, and seldom calls his own plays. It's a "stop and go" situation.

World football(soccer)is beginning to flourish at the grass roots level and there is a professional league equivalent to Division One in England. The friendly games between Premier teams such as Newcastle versus D.C.Utd. are a farce, and have no significance whatsoever.

If a team such as D.C.Utd. or Metro Stars were to compete on a regular basis in the Division One League they would end up in the lower half of the table.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts