Xtratime Community banner

What will be the Valencia v Depor match result?

• Valencia win

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Depor win

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diego Tristan has suffered a thigh injury and will not play against Northern Ireland on Wednesday. It is not clear for how long he will be out for although he is unlikely to play against Valencia at the weekend.

Tristan suffered the injury in training today and Spanish team doctor Genaro Borras said "He complained about pain in his left leg and it could possible be torn muscle."

If Borras's worst fears are confirmed, Tristan could be out for the rest of the domestic season. Depor have four crucial games left of their season and, after playing Valencia at the weekend, face Malaga, Real Betis and Real Madrid.

Even if Tristan is out for the rest of the season we can do it. We'll play Makaay and Pandiani who can replace him well for these 4 matches.

La Liga is in our hands now, realistically no team can win it without beating us. Before we had to wait when our opponents slip, they did it and it's up to us now. Of course it'll be difficult without Tristan but Makaay is a quality player waiting for a chance to play as striker and Pandiani is a quality substitute:cool:.
:nervous::nervous::nervous:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Valencia are an incredibly strong opponent, especially without Tristan and Mauro Silva :irritate:. Valencia have only lost to Real Valladolid at home this season, without Djukic and Juan Sanchez while Valladolid had all their players:(. Anyway, I don't think we come back from Mestalla all 3 points in the bag...:(

·
Registered
966 Posts
A superb match... I have sympathy for both teams, and the only score that would disgust me would be a draw. I want one of these teams to win the league title;)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man, what an achievement a draw would be without Mauro Silva and Diego Tristan:(. A loss would be end of our title dreams of course, and a win, just a miracle;).

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super Puyol, are you completely sure that Aimar misses this match, because I've heard that he plays?

Diego Tristan is definitely out with a thigh injury but there's a slight chance that he'll return from injury in time to play our Malaga match. Following a Magnetic Resonance Indicator exam, it was discovered that he had suffered a small tear in the quadricep in his left leg. Tristan picked up the problem while training for Spain's friendly clash with Northern Ireland on Wednesday, a game Spain won 5-0. It could have been worse and we are lucky that the tear isn't bigger.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Super Puyol said:
Good news for Depor; Aimar won't play. That should help a bit;)
the latest news is that Aimar WILL play... :D:D:D he should be fit for this game...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Tristan prognosis suits club and country

Thursday 18th April 2002

Spain and Deportivo La Coruna were united in relief on Thursday when tests confirmed that Diego Tristan had not sustained a serious injury and could be back in action by the end of the month.

The prolific striker damaged the quadricep muscle in his left thigh while training with the Spain squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly win over Northern Ireland.

However, fears that he might miss the rest of the season - and possibly the World Cup - proved unfounded as a scan confirmed that he had not sustained any long-term damage to his femur bone.

"The injury is not that serious and I hope to be back for the Malaga game on April 28," said Tristan.

Deportivo club doctor Cesar Cobian added: "I believe that he will only miss the match against Valencia. It is just a small tear to the left quadricep muscle."

Meanwhile, Deportivo coach Javier Irureta expressed his annoyance that international friendlies were arranged at such a crucial stage in the Spanish league calendar. "As a club coach I do not like my players being called up to play for their countries at this point in the season," he said.

"The workload on players becomes too heavy. But I understand that the national team needs to prepare before the tournament begins."

Tristan, however, stated on Wednesday that he believed the injury would have arisen whether he had been playing for Spain or not. "It could have happened to me in a training session with Depor," he said. "The national team are also very important and I hope Depor will not be too annoyed because they know that players have to play for their country."

Tristan also explained that he had spoken with national boss Jose Antonio Camacho, who promised that he would remain firmly in his World Cup plans.

After scoring 19 goals this season for Depor to become the league's top marksman, Tristan is a vital figure for the club as they prepare for the final leg of the season - beginning with Sunday's trip to title-rivals Valencia.

onefootball

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Aimar is fit ( according to him and the team doctor :) ) while Ayala and Pellegrino might come back for this game aswell! ;):devil:

Anyway good news for you is that you won't have to play Betis at their stadium :(;)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now if the federation only would cancel Mauro Silva's ban, everyone surely agrees that his second yellow card tackle wasn't worth a yellow...:(
This is becoming more and more difficult for us- they have all their players, home advantage whereas we have 4 key players missing- it would take a hell of a team to beat Valencia that way!

·
Registered
280 Posts
cheer up bailemos, will you:tongue:
I can't remember seeing you so catious even when you played the Cup final.........

anyway, I just wanted to say that (even this might not sound sincere) I would certainly prefer to see Mauro(even if he's much better than Dutcher) playing on Sunday........

I mean players like Tristan, Mauro, Aimar, Ayala.....they mean alot to their teams it's for sure.........but in the end it'll come to the inspiration of the matchday......you guys have a great team , a team who can beat every side on "inspired Sunday"......you proved that more than once............
our only clear advantage will be our supporters and I honestly hope that the mood they creat could be the edge on Sunday...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mauro Silva is not playing because they rejected Deportivo's request...

This Valencia match is surely no easier than our Arsenal match at Highbury or even our Copa final match. And for these we had our full squad, 2 are missing now. For Valencia, Aimar and Ayala are playing. I don't hope much from that one:(.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This match is really one of the most important this season. However, if Real Madrid lose today, which I very much doubt, it will ease the pressure;). Mestalla is completely sold out for the first time this season :dazed:. Lendoiro will be at Mestalla too, his second travel this season and they bring luck:D, first one was when we won Copa:strong:.

I think we lose this one. César is doubtful as something similar occurred during training as before the Manchester match earlier. I sure hope other our players will stay fine:(.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your Valencia v Deportivo prediction

Some WillHill data: Valencia v Dep La Coruna Home: 1.80; Draw: 3.10; Away: 4.00.
What will be the result, please vote and comment:).

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Soccerage's game preview...

Liga Preview: Valencia-Deportivo
Valencia - Deportivo | News Archive

04/20/2002. Valencia and Deportivo play for a piece of Liga title on Sunday night in Mestalla. Real's emphatic – and widely expected – win against Tenerife means that every mistake will count from now on.

Deportivo could virtually be cut out of the title race with a defeat. Morale is low in the Galician camp after a swift Champions League elimination. The last straw was provided by goal-machine Diego Tristan's unexpected injury while on International duty with Spain.

On the contrary, Los Ches have received a massive boost with good news regarding Pablito Aimar, crushed by Jens Jeremies in midweek.

Yet Depor would be definitely back in business with a win in Mestalla. But even if they fail to pick up the three points, they are poised to have the last word on who will be crowned Spanish champions in three weeks as Real play their last game in la Riazor…

TEAM NEWS AND PROBABLE LINEUPS

In-form Pablito Aimar is doubtful for this game after Jens Jeremies' reckless challenge in Wednesday's intl friendly won by Argentina in Germany. Club doctors told Futbolera he will almost certainly be there. Fellow Argentine Fabian Ayala could also be featured to give a more solid look to the Ches defence. The return of Vicente could push Kily Gonzalez to the bench again.

Probable: Cañizares; Curro Torres, Ayala, Djukic, Carboni; Rufete, Albelda, Baraja, Vicente; Aimar, Angulo.

Deportivo coach Javier Irureta will be travelling with a depleted squad to Valencia. Cesar and Djalminha are having muscular problems. They will be joining suspended Mauro Silva on the sidelines, as well as injured Donato, Helder, Jose Manuel and, most importantly, Diego Tristan.

Probable: Molina; Scaloni, Naybet, Romero, Capdevila; Sergio, Duscher; Víctor, Valerón, Fran; Makaay.

FORM GUIDES

Valencia: LLWWWD
Last week's draw at Mallorca dented Valencia's bid as Real took a tumble in Osasuna. This missed opportunity could prove very costly for los Ches who are unbeaten at home since January 20 (1-2 v Valladolid)

Deportivo: WDLWLW
Two defeats in the Champions League took Depor back to earth after two great group phases. On the home front, Depor are dependent on this match to keep their season alive. They are unbeaten in la Liga since February 16's defeat at Barcelona.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The most confusing thing is that you never know who's injured and who's not, dailysoccer claims Ayala is back from injury but onefootball says he can't play yet... are there any Valencia fans here who could give some true information concerning their players and maybe even a possible line-up?:) I've heard that Ilie and Pellegrino are definitly out but I don't know for sure...

Depor probable:
--------------------Molina---------------------
Scaloni--------Naybet--Romero-----Capdevila
-------------Duscher---Sergio----------------
Victor--------Valerón-------------------Fran
-------------------Makaay---------------------

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like I'm kinda talkin to myself but anyway, here's some statistics. Out of our 13 previous confrontations with Valencia we have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 4. Last season we :strong: won even at Mestalla. We have won all 4 previous, most recent matches against them.;)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Ayala has fully recovered from his injury, and is fit to play but the final word goes to Rafa and if you ask me I think he won't start.

Probable line up :

--------------------Canizares---------------------
Carboni--------Marchena---Djukic-----C.Torres
---------------Albelda------Baraja---------------
Vicente-----------------------------------Rufete
-----------------------Aimar-----------------------
-------------------Angulo-------------------------

Something like that ;)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice, the teams play almost the same formation then tonight;). I bet we're tactically stronger but too many players are missing:(.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts