Xtratime Community banner

Day 35: Sampdoria - Lecce

486 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Skogeta 
#1 ·
We need three points, but the team of Zeman won't be an easy opponent. I watched their game against Juventus here in Torino and what is encouraging is that their defense is total crap (which I guessed when they conceded 4 goals to Sampdoria at Via del Mare. :D ). Yet, they are also very very dangerous in attack, in particular with Vucinic. In the game against Juventus Vucinic on the left flank of the attack fooled Pessotto and had some clear opportunities to score.
What is good is that they will miss Dalla Bona, precious midfielder, banned.

As regards Sampdoria: Rossini is banned so Kutuzov should play, even if the Belorussian forward suffers from pubalgia. There is no alternative... since Inzaghi suffers from the usual backache.

According to gazzetta Novellino could concede a one-game-rest to Zenoni, shift Diana back to his original position and put Doni on the right flank.

#2 ·
ToniSamp said:
According to gazzetta Novellino could concede a one-game-rest to Zenoni, shift Diana back to his original position and put Doni on the right flank.
Sounds a bit odd, since we're now on weekly rounds and Zenoni was suspended recently (unless my mind plays tricks on me). But I don't think the actual switch will hurt us.

#3 · (Edited)
The referee will be Gabriele.

Meanwhile Doni got injured (calf, contusion) and will miss the game against Lecce. :rollani:

Both the forwards are lightly injured: Flachi has some muscular problems while Kutuzov suffers from pubalgia (he was massaged just before entering the pitch in the last game). Considering the usual backache of Inzaghi and the absence of Rossini we do not have one healthy forward.

#10 ·
Good win, and sounds like Diana remined us of the player he was week in, week out last year.. Hopefully he'll be back to his best from now on.

Shame Lazio couldn't do us a favour, but I think today we should celebrate the fact that we're now mathematically certain of being back in Europe next season!

CL would obviously be a huge bonus, but I won't cry if we don't make it.

#11 ·
Lecce failed to bag a goal at the very least ? :googly: :eekani:

Your defence must have had a solid outing today.

Congrats, btw. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
Lennon said:
Udinese's win makes next round absolutely crucial. I have a bad feeling about this.
me too...but bad feeling for us...since we'll be without Mauri, Di Natale, Senisni and maybe they want to ban Iaquinta because have fighted with Jankulovski...strange...now you can't even be angry with your team mates...strange..really really strange...

#13 ·
It's a pity for Sacchetti,he was playing perfectly in his old rule of middle-defender...now we will play in Udine with the couple Castellini-Carrozzieri,Pavan got a yellow card for a fault on..the ball.. :doh: so probably he will be disqualified...

Novellino will be on the bench?

The match has been funny,Lecce in the first half tried to seem a defensive team,that has been playing for 25 minutes shortly in the middle,using the off-side rule quite well,using also an only striker.

But Samp came out slowly,Lecce became the usual team not able to defend,so Samp could create a lot of actions.I think that Zeman killed himself with his taticts..

I'm sorry for Flachi,he created a lot,but he has been unlucky shooting.But he did 2 great assists.
Kutuzov after the 70' was very tired,I hope he can recover,we will need him.The fact is that he doesn't pass the ball,often he makes everything by himself,for the fury of Flachi and Novellino.
But he's not Zico,so he gets tired and he looses many actions.

After the "red card" for Novellino,claimed by the supporters,Lecce tried to realize the goal of 2-1,and did some dangerous actions.But Antonioli has been always present.
The gol of Edusei closed the match,and the party began,everybody was standing in the stadium to claim Sampdoria that after many years finally reached again Europe,against the articles of journalists,against the unluck,against many bad refrees.

Joy in the faces of Samp supporters,Europe flags and old songs of glory,and everybody was singing,nobody was at the beach even if it was a fantastic and hot day,every Sampdoriano wanted to be present to see the dream realized.
Few years ago I began writing here when we need to save ourselves from serie C,we played Samp-Messina winning 2-1 with goals of Flachi and Mirco Conte and Europe was more than a dream that year.

But the dream now is realized,and it's fantastic,it's a great result.
We can fight for something even greater,but this result is already unbelievable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.