Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Sunday 3.00 PM Italian time

Flachi and Volpi are banned. Who will replace them? The words of Novellino are clear enough. He said, today in the afternoon, that lately Mingozzi is doing well... oh-ho, finally it's Mingozzi's day then. BTW Novellino can't fool us, he has not used Mingozzi for 7 months so it means that he rates Mingozzi not good enough. Simply, the head of Dalla Bona is already back at Milan and Novellino has no alternatives left.
As regards the replacement of Flachi Novellino said: "I hope I can recover some injured players", clearly referring to Colombo and his ankle.

Probable lineup:

------------------Antonioli
Zenoni----Castellini------Falcone-----Pisano
Diana------Mingozzi-----Palombo-----Tonetto
-----------Colombo-----Kutuzov

Good news: Langella of Cagliari has been banned.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Of all the games for Volpi to miss, this one's really not ideal.

As for Mingozzi, I'm confused. Recently (2-3 matches ago) Novellino had praised Dalla Bona, so why leave him out now? Either he doesn't see him as a vice-Volpi, but just a vice-Palombo, or Dalla Bona has stopped bothering in training.

As Toni said, Novellino has shown no faith whatsoever in Mingozzi, so while I'm all for promoting youth etc, I'm not entirely convinced this is the match to try out a new pairing in central midfield.. Then again, Dalla Bona-Palombo has hardly convinced in the past.

We'll see. Tbh I'd be happy with a point and a goal, seeing as Cagliari are onhe of our bogey teams and Suazo always scores against us..

·
Registered
45,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Friendly against Primavera (score 3-0)

In the first half:

Antonioli - Zenoni, Falcone, Castellini, Pisano - Gasbarroni, Palombo, Dalla Bona (Sala), Tonetto - Kutuzov, Colombo (Mingozzi).

In the second half:

Castellazzi - Castellini (Ponte), Pavan, Sala, Bastrini - Diana, Dalla Bona (Volpi), Mingozzi (Da Mota), Gasbarroni (Soddimo) - Foti (Flachi), Marchesetti.

Goals: Palombo in the first half, Mingozzi and Flachi in the second half.

Players convoked for the game vs Cagliari:

Goalies: Antonioli, Castellazzi
Defenders: Castellini, Falcone, Iuliano, Pavan, Pisano, Sala, Zenoni
Midfielders: Dalla Bona, Diana, Gasbarroni, Marchesetti, Mingozzi, Palombo, Soddimo, Tonetto
Forwards: Colombo, Foti, Kutuzov

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
aha so colombo cant score against primavera either.....well u know the oscars and then there r awards for the worst actors and movies which tom cruise got this year for war of the worlds.....well colombo will get the equal of that award for his attacking skills

·
Registered
906 Posts
this is important player for us for run from the relegation

we must beat cagliari in marassi , im verry sure we can beat them

lets go sampdoria ,come on beat them

forza sampdoriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
45,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Colombo was replaced during the first half of the friendly against the Primavera because of the ankle injury, so he could miss the game. The alternative to Colombo, according to gazzetta, would not be Foti but Gasbarroni, used as forward.

·
Registered
45,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beware of the presents!

Today Treviso - Juventus 0-0 and Lecce - Milan 1-0, while also Inter -Messina, game which interests us in particular, is at risk of presents. Right now the score is 0-0.

Top clubs. :yuck:

EDIT Inter are now 2-0 up

·
Registered
45,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3-0 again Solari (after 26 minutes)

I can clearly see the hand of Ventura in this suicide of Messina against the reserves of Inter. Thank you, Ventura, you are a true sampdoriano :thumbsup:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Novellino to Samp: Get over it Sunday 2 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After six consecutive Serie A defeats, Sampdoria Coach Walter Novellino insists he is confident they can turn this slump around against Cagliari.

“This is a period of time we have to plough through to get to the other side,” said the tactician. “The important thing is to take on Cagliari with the right determination.”

The Blucerchiati have crumbled over the past month and a half with a club record six straight defeats and haven’t even scored a goal since Sergio Volpi in the 2-1 loss to Ascoli on February 19.

“If there is one thing that gives me strength, it is the great unity within the side. Our objective is clear: to get out of this slump without talk of injuries or excuses.”

The Sampdoria directors have repeatedly come out in support of Novellino and assured the Coach was not at risk.

“On Sunday we cannot afford another setback,” he concluded. “In life you have to understand that there are times when everything seems difficult, but you have to get over them.”

With Francesco Flachi and Sergio Volpi suspended, joining the injured Emiliano Bonazzoli and Fabio Bazzani on the sidelines, it looks as if Novellino will go with a ‘powerful’ front two of Vitalii Kutuzov and Corrado Colombo.

channel4

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Carson35 said:
and haven’t even scored a goal since Sergio Volpi in the 2-1 loss to Ascoli on February 19.
:eek: :googly: :depress:

I knew we didn't score much lately but I dindn't imagine it is so long time without a goal...

Carson35 said:
With Francesco Flachi and Sergio Volpi suspended, joining the injured Emiliano Bonazzoli and Fabio Bazzani on the sidelines, it looks as if Novellino will go with a ‘powerful’ front two of Vitalii Kutuzov and Corrado Colombo.
:undecide: :confused: :mad:

Again?
Maybe it is only channel4 guesswork. Despite all I hope today we are able to win ;)

Forza ragazzi!
Forza Foti!!!

·
Registered
45,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Carson35/channel4 said:
it looks as if Novellino will go with a ‘powerful’ front two of Vitalii Kutuzov and Corrado Colombo.
I can't see anything powerful in the duo Colombo-Kutuzov. :googly:
Colombo can't win a battle in the air in spite of 187 cm and Kutuzov is just fat.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Hmm, I'd be tempted to play Gasba just behind someone (Kutuzov as he plays the 'first', and often lone, striker role for Belarus, or Foti), as at least he has some creativity + that's where he used to play when he first emerged as a talent 4-5 years ago.

I just can't see Kutuzov-Colombo creating any chances, esp with Volpi missing. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
We scored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After God knows how many minutes (I'm sure I'll find the stat somewhere), we've finally scored again.. I had an incling that it would come from a set piece, and so it has: Castellini getting on the end of a Gasbarroni corner in the 13th minute.

In the end Novellino went for Gasba-Kutuzov up front (maybe he reads Xtratime he he) and it sounds like we're playing pretty well. Gasba has missed an absolute sitter (again!), so the question is whether we'll get punished for missed chances.. At least we do at least have one goal this time!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I hope that we can keep the 1-0 till the end.

I hope we will make it 2-1...that's my prediction;)
But in fact no matter how many goals we will score it is important to win! And I hope to see Foti on the field.

Forza Doria!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts