Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you ready for the defeat? I am...
First of all, Parma absolutely need 3 points because they are struggling for relegation. Then we miss both Falcone and Castellini. Last but not least the sentence of Zamparini yesterday ("In Palermo we have Santa Rosalia but the saint in Genova must be much stronger considering the help Sampdoria received in the games against Chievo, Reggina and Fiorentina") will certainly influence the referee. I hope Collina, the only referee who is not influenced by these things will be the ref.

The probable lineup should be:

---------------------Antonioli
Zenoni-----Sacchetti------Pavan------Pisano
Diana-------Volpi---------Palombo----Tonetto
------------Flachi---------Rossini

Unless Novellino gives one more chance to Carrozzieri I think that Sacchetti will be one of the center backs. Sacchetti is crap but Carrozzieri is hardly a player... Zenoni comes back after 1 game ban on the right flank. I also think that Rossini will keep is place in the lineup even if Kutuzov showed one million times that he is much better.

I'd be happy if we came out of Tardini with 1 point...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Parma and Sampdoria are known friends so i dont suppose they will let us win and let us qualify for the Champions League. We'll even promise to buy Gilardino from them :tongue:

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ToniSamp said:
I hope Collina, the only referee who is not influenced by these things will be the ref.
And Collina it is. :thmbup:

Well, at least the referee should not be a problem.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
ToniSamp said:
And Collina it is. :thmbup:

Well, at least the referee should not be a problem.
I think on the contrary. He will be a problem, for both sides. IMO collina has really lost it. I just hope he lets the players decide the game.

And for some reasons he likes to kill Parma while on the run.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I'm no big fan of the Palermo management (esp Zamparini who's like Preziosi - he left Venezia in a terrible state once he decided he wasn't interested any any more) and the amount of money the're spending, though at least they seem to do it well (unlike Fiorentina!), but Foschi has a bit of a point - we have been lucky at home this season and we are a couple of places higher up than where we should be.

As for the Parma game, if Novellino manages to teach Pavan and one of Sacchetti or Carrozzieri to defend together in the four days between the Palermo match and this one he should be officially recognised as the best Italian manager.

Attacking-wise, we're hopeless at the moment. Is Doni still out? I hope Kutuzov gets a game, he's the only player who seems to be able to create anything whatsoever.

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bogliaschino said:
Is Doni still out? I hope Kutuzov gets a game, he's the only player who seems to be able to create anything whatsoever.
Doni? No news about him... :confused:

Novellino will adopt a turnover according to both Gazzetta and Tuttosport.
Edusei for Palombo, Gasbarroni for Diana or Tonetto and Kutuzov for Rossini, so:

-------------------------Antonioli
Zenoni----------Sacchetti------Pavan------Pisano
Gasba/Diana-------Volpi---------Edusei-----Tonetto/Gasba
------------------Flachi--------Kutuzov

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Fair enough, though if the marks given by La Gazzetta are accurate then Palombo's been playing very well recently (all season, in fact), better so than Volpi even, so leaving him out could prove costly, especially as he's so important in breaking down the opposition's play before they get goal-scoring chances (which we could certainly do with this week with the formidable Pavan-Sacchetti/Carrozzieri partnership at the back..).

·
Registered
822 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I also think that Rossini will keep is place in the lineup even if Kutuzov showed one million times that he is much better.
The thing is I think Novellino knows that Rossini is shite, but he is a centre forward and ever since Bazzani left he's the only player of that kind we have up front. A target player is crucial to Novellino's tactics, and that is why Pastarosso always plays. That is also why Recoba seems an even more unlikely signing, since he'd first and foremost replace Flachi and not Rossini.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yeah luckily Collina will be the refree.
Kutuzov showed to be a fantastic player,he changed that match against Palermo.I hope he can play,all Parma defenders are no anything special.

The danger is the defence,Pavan is in a good period,but Carrozzieri and Sacco make me really worried.Luckily we will recover Zenoni.

In my opinion Zamparini now is the3rd powerful man of the league,only behind Moggi and Galliani.Rodomonti Saturday never gave us a free kick.
And more Zamparini has no style,and he showew this fact as a natural thing,and nobody can tell him anything.He can say injuries for everybody and this fact seems to be normal.
He's a man that will work really well with Mafia on Palermo.Congrants Zampalesta,you are a shitman.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I think lennon is right, a target man is crucial in Novellino's tactics. Palermo was a perfect example of this. Samp soaked up the pressure (and Rossini did a lot to help the cause) and once Palermo got tired, he brought on kutuzov and gasbarroni to attack.
The big problem with this tactic is that you are kind of screwed if the opposition does score.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
According to various sources Flachi may miss the game (and be replaced by Kutuzov), in which case it's Rossini-Kutuzov up front. And guess what? Inzaghi is injured again (something to do with his leg this time), and isn't called up. What a buy.

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We must thank the defender of Palermo Biava, who tried to destroy the ankle of Flachi. Flachi will be available on the bench, at least...

Inzaghi is a zombie. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Good man Gasba!

Udinese and Inter are up, though, but Palermo are 2-1 down at home to Brescia. The feeling is that won't hold up for long, though...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Lennon said:
Palermo are 2-1 down at home to Brescia. The feeling is that won't hold up for long, though...
:wallbang: A sending off for Brescia and a penalty for Palermo and order restored... Somehow I feel like I've jinxed this whole thread.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Grrr, according the La Gazzetta we've been outplaying Parma (when's the last time we've done that to anyone??), and the first goal was a really nice move, shame we had to let the lead slip so easily.

It'd be sadly ironic if we were to lose when playing good football for a change! Very open-ended match by the sounds of it, could go either way.

Shit, Palermo are level now too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts