Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 19 March 3.00 PM

Flachi should be ready after the light injury he suffered during the game at San Siro. Colombo, Iuliano and Pavan could also be ready after missing Inter (what a crappy trio...). Diana will be back after the ban.
Unless there are surprises the lineup should be the same of San Siro with Diana replacing Gasba.

As regards Palermo, they will miss the center back Terlizzi (banned) and should be tired after their game in Gelsenkirchen.

We need 3 points!

·
Registered
239 Posts
When don't we need 3 points, these last 8 or so games are very important, I think a UEFA cup spot is out of a grasp therefore it's integral we finish the season strongly. We must beat Palermo to widen the gap between us and to end their very slight european ambitions.

You're right Toni, that's a very crap trio. Hopefully Flachi can pull his finger out and finally score. This isn't the type of form that will reward him with a new contract. Unfortunately I'll miss this game (as always) but I'm hoping Samp can get the 3 points.

Oh for the record, does anyone know what Forza translates to lol? Forza Samp

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flex said:
Oh for the record, does anyone know what Forza translates to lol? Forza Samp
"May the force be with you" :tongue:

Indeed, that would not be a bad translation. La forza is the "strength" or "force" and "forza Sampdoria" is an encouragement. "Come on, Sampdoria" could be a good translation.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Palermo have only won once away from home in the last three months, and have a few injuries/suspensions as well as being fatigued from their Uefa cup exit. This bodes very well for us, but our lack of goals is still a great concern. I'm confident we'll win this.

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diana got lightly injured and will miss the game.
Castellini had his nose broken during the midweek friendly against Molassana so he could miss the game or adopt a mask in order to protect the nose.

List of the players:

Goalies:
Antonioli, Castellazzi

Defenders:
Castellini, Falcone, Iuliano, Pavan, Pisano, Sala, Zenoni

Midfielders:
Dalla Bona, Gasbarroni, Marchesetti, Mingozzi, Palombo, Tonetto, Volpi

Forwards:
Colombo, Kutuzov, Flachi, Foti

The formation which was defeated by Inter should be confirmed.

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, Spinelli. You and just you could sack Donadoni. :thumbsup:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately I doubt that there is a chance to watch the game somewhere in internet, but if ever I find the link I tell you.

Probable lineups:

---------------------Antonioli
Zenoni-------Castellini (?)------Falcone-----Pisano
Gasba---------Volpi------------Palombo----Tonetto
--------------Flachi------------Kutuzov (?)

As regards Castellini he could play with a mask to protect the nose. Novellino said that it's up to him, if he feels he can play then he will play.
Sala is ready to replace him (Sala-Falcone is not bad either indeed)
Yesterday Novellino when asked about the two forwards:
I: "In attack Flachi and Foti?"
N: "Flachi and Foti... NO. There are also Kutuzov and Colombo"
So I think he means that Foti won't be in the lineup, while it's either Kutuzov or Colombo with Flachi.

Palermo:

-----------------------Agliardi
Zaccardo-------Barzagli--------Biava--------Grosso
----------Mutarelli------Corini------Barone
---Mariano Gonzalez-----------------Di Michele
---------------------Caracciolo

They just miss the center back Terlizzi (banned). Good for us, he is a player who often scores with headers when there are FKs and CKs and our defense suffers this kind of situations.
The goalie is the young Agliardi, who came from Brescia to replace the four previous goalies. The goalkeeper has been probably the main problem of Palermo during the season.
The defense is full of players of the Italian NT (3/4) but not so solid as it could appear, the midfield is tough and skilled, but Corini, a very skilled play-maker, is old and suffers when defending. This is the reason why Papadopulo opted for the 3 men midfield. Barone is another NT player, while Mutarelli is a player I rate highly since some Derbies of the past (he has been a player of Genoa CFC). Mariano Gonzalez can be very dangerous on the right flank but against Schalke had a very poor performance. On the other flank the forward Di Michele who is surely the most dangerous player of Palermo. I fear that Zenoni can't control him, that's why we need the best Castellini. Caracciolo is the classic centerforward, tall and powerful, ...but also skilled.

The referee is one of the worst in Italy, the arrogant and touchy Ayroldi from Molfetta (which is a nice place in Puglia, famous for the Cathedral and as the place where Riccardo Muti was born, so it produces good conductors, bad referees).

·
Registered
318 Posts
"Unfortunately I doubt that there is a chance to watch the game somewhere in internet, but if ever I find the link I tell you."

Thank you :thumbsup: I´ll refresh the site every 5 secs until the game :)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
ToniSamp said:
(which is a nice place in Puglia
;)

Just think about a guy called Alfredo Trentalange :irritate: (and if I remeber well this "referee" makes as many bad things to Samp at it is possible)...So today's referee just can't be worse :)

FORZA LA SAMP!
FORZA FLACHI!
FORZA FOTI!

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still looking for the game among the dozens sport channels but I think that it's hard...

BTW Colombo in the lineup, I really can't exaplain this choice: COLOMBO SUCKS, Novellino, you know it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Chievo - Siena 1-0 but the referee of that game, Palanca (another fool), sent off Tudor after just one minute!
Saw that on Livescore.com. Is this some kind of a record? Remember an incident with Guiseppe Bergomi being brought on for Italy getting the red card making his way on the pith for an elbow :notlist:

·
Registered
318 Posts
piotrek:) said:
Yellow for Flachi :rolleyes: (livescore)...just hoping it is not going to turn red...

I have to go now but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
We need this win!
I recommend "Tempo Reale" on Gazzetta.it piotrek instead. There I got some feeling how the game is going with my limited italian knowledge. I have another window open for livescore.com.

Pop quiz: anyone knows the country of origin for livescore.com?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts