Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cagliari again, probably one of the toughest opponent to visit. We'll need a super performance in order to get even just 1 point. We'll need Castellini (he should be back) in order to stop the powerful attack of Cagliari, infact both Esposito and Suazo are in a fantastic shape (fortunately Langella seems to have lost some of his speed and brilliance, while Zola has just recovered from an injury and even if he will back for the game he should not be fit enough). They will miss two players at midfield, Abeijon and Conti, both banned. Missing just one of them could be nothing, but missing two is a problem, they do not have so good alternatives at midfield: Brambilla, Del Nevo and Budel.
Also Rossini has recovered from injury and I bet Novellino will put him in the starting lineup if he is fit.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Will Doni be available for this game or is he banned for the red card in the coppa Italia?

Interesting new avatar Toni;)

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mart said:
Will Doni be available for this game or is he banned for the red card in the coppa Italia?
He is available. He is banned for the next Italian Cup game (next season).

Interesting new avatar Toni;)
I found it in an Italian forum of Sampdoria. :D
Who would challenge this old mariner? :fero: :tongue:

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, that one is Corto Maltese (also a nice pic):

A guy whose ID was Baciccia in the Forum of the Gradinata Sud had the avatar I'm using. ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Riviera blucerchiata supporters now are in the up side-of gradinata sud and they sing with the Ultras Tito Cucchiaroni,they are from all the towns in the east side of Genoa.

They are famous because many of them go to the stadium by train,rarely with the :D ticket,and when the controller ask the tickets,all of them start the song "PORTACI PORTACI PORTACI ALLO STADIO CONTROLLORE PORTACI ALLO STADIO" :D so the controller goes away without asking tickets claimed by "Riviera blucerchiata" fans :D ...
I'm joiking,probably this happened few times...

In Cagliari we will have many difficulties,I hope we can have again Rossini,we have played 3 matches without him and we lost 3 matches,he's slow and he doesn't realize but he's really important for the team.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Guys don't forget to predict in the Prediction League.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Prview of the game from channel4, looks like Castellini and Rossini are back :D :D

------------------------------------------------------------------
Sampdoria continue their hunt for a Champions’ League spot, but after two straight defeats they need to return to winning ways if they are to keep the pressure on Inter and Udinese. The loss to Milan in the San Siro was perhaps understandable but the Week 29 slip at bottom club Atalanta will have caused Coach Walter Novellino more concern.

Cagliari still have an outside chance of stealing a UEFA Cup spot and are in fine goalscoring form with 11 strikes in their last four games. Unbeaten in their last ten home games, the Rossoblu will be confident of further denting the Blucerchiati’s European Cup ambitions.

The meeting between the two sides in November ended in a goalless draw, although Cagliari were aggrieved when the referee refused a penalty for Simone Pavon’s tackle on David Suazo. This match is another case where a draw will do neither side any good and both sides will be determined to be more clinical in front of goal in the meeting at the Sant’Elia.

Cagliari midfielder Nelson Abeijon is suspended, although talismanic attacker Gianfranco Zola and Mauro Esposito look likely to return to the starting line-up. Sampdoria have a full squad to select from with no injuries or suspensions, Fausto Rossini is in line to replace Vitali Kutuzov upfront alongside Francesco Flachi.

Cagliari (probable): Iezzo; Lopez, Maltagliati, Bega, Agostini; Budel, Brambilla, Gobbi; Esposito, Zola, Langella

Sampdoria (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano; Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto; Flachi, Rossini

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, every time they've lost I have predicted, but every time they've won I've predicted too, so I guess I'm doing something right... :howler:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Doni has a bruised leg(I think)and missed today's practice match with the primavera, hope he will be ready to sit on the bench on Sunday;)

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And the referee is Ayroldi.
He is one of the worst referees in serie A. And not just according to me, but also according to gazzetta: his average rating is 5.44 in 9 games, which makes him the worst referee of serie A excluding those with just 2-3 games.
What is good is that the away team won 5 times on 9.
Roma on Fiorentina at Franchi, Sampdoria on Lecce at Via del Mare (probably his best performance :D ), Cagliari on Lazio at Olimpico, Udinese on Bologna at Dall'Ara and last but not least the desaster of Rigamonti when Livorno defeated Brescia thanks to Ayroldi's mistakes three weeks ago.

Ah, and there was a mistake in gazzetta when I started the thread: just Abeijon is banned while Daniele Conti, son of the world champion 82 and now coach of Roma Bruno, is available. BTW we are talking about an average midfielder, miles far from his father. ;)

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This and all the other games in Italy have been postponed because of Pope's health condition.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yes, I wanted revenge against ESPOSITO

·
Registered
822 Posts
ToniSamp said:
This and all the other games in Italy have been postponed because of Pope's health condition.
I find this decision very odd. I mean what, are they gonna postpone every round until he dies? I'd understand if they postponed things when he died, not when he's ill but still alive.

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lennon said:
I find this decision very odd. I mean what, are they gonna postpone every round until he dies? I'd understand if they postponed things when he died, not when he's ill but still alive.
I guess they knew that he had few hours maybe one day left and the risk was that he could die during the games (which happened since he died at 21.37).

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The game will be played this week and the calendar has been changed a bit. The game vs Palermo will be played on the following Saturday (8.30 PM Italian time) and four days later, that means on Wednesday, there will be the game at Tardini vs Parma (again 20.30 PM).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts