Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
46,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dangerous game against a team which is the tail ender but which has improved a lot since the Delio Rossi replaced Mandorlini as the coach and since they got the Nigerian forward Makinwa from Genoa CFC.
Ar regards our team, we'll miss Castellini and Rossini, both injured, so probably the starting lineup will be:

--------------Antonioli
Zenoni----Pavan----Falcone---Pisano
Diana------Volpi----Palombo---Tonetto
----------Flachi----Kutuzov

·
Registered
46,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the referee is:

Farina from Novi Ligure, supporter of Genoa CFC. Great choice, thank you :wth:

he has been the ref of Sampdoria - Milan (0-1, goal which had to be disallowed) during this season and of Sampdoria - Parma (1-2, clear PK denied to Sampdoria in the loss time) in the last season.
A true friend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last news from Bergamo:
Delio Rossi will have to choose since all the players are available. Migliaccio is back after ban and should play at midfield while Lazzari should support Makinwa in attack. Innocenti and Couthos have not been convoked, while Stendardo and Lorenzi will play with the Primavera. Budan, back from long term injury, has been convoked and could be on the bench. Calderoni confirmed in the goal.
Probable starting lineup: (3-5-2) Calderoni - Rivalta, Sala, Natali - Motta, Migliaccio, Bernardini, Marcolini, Bellini - Lazzari, Makinwa.

·
Registered
46,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zangari_Italia said:
How has Montolivo been playing this season?
I must admit that I have never watched a complete game of Atalanta, not even Atalanta - Sampdoria. According to the highlights, news, etc. etc. he has not impressed. He had to be the new Baggio but till now he has not been better than Pinardi, the former fantasista of Atalanta now at Lecce.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Thanks Toni. I heard some hype about him earlier in the season and to an extent now but I have never been able to watch an Atalanta game. I hope he fills out everyone's high expectations though.

·
Registered
61,320 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I must admit that I have never watched a complete game of Atalanta, not even Atalanta - Sampdoria. According to the highlights, news, etc. etc. he has not impressed. He had to be the new Baggio but till now he has not been better than Pinardi, the former fantasista of Atalanta now at Lecce.
New Baggio is mega-exaggerated IMO, I've seen him and he may turn out to be the new Pirlo. But new Baggio ? No way in hell.

I watched Atalanta - Milan and he played as a central midfielder. He's similar to Pirlo as I mentioned beforehand.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ok we are going to loose, now the question is who to blame...no doubt its the ref's fault! yep totally his fault. not listening nnaananananananananan.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I am very very disappointed. I am almost heartbroken that a undeserving team in Udinese just leaped us in the standings. I wanted Inter and Samp all the way, and now Udinese has to complicate matters just to sell their stars in the summer. SHame on them, what can I say?

As for this game, I am disappoitned. Too bad Flachi missed the PK. Very sad

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well that's my opinion you can take it and throw it out the window if you like

I think Sampdoria overall is a better team than Udinese

They are more balanced in their team. and have better tactics

On the other hand, Udinese has a top rated attack. I don't count Janku b/c he will be sold in the summer. I only want teams that will try to do a best job in the European stage to make the CL.

·
Registered
46,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Total disaster. Our players are exhausted and if they do not find some energies soon I doubt that they will win one game before the end of the championship. Really! The undeserved win against Chievo had to be a signal.
Atalanta on the contrary are in fantastic shape and that made the difference today.
Some players absolutely need a rest: Flachi, Volpi, Diana... they are all clearly groggy like a punch-drunk boxer at the last round.
Atalanta scored soon after few minutes when Volpi perfectly assisted Makinwa with a header. I doubt that a forward of Atalanta could do a better job for Makinwa. Samp soon tried a reaction and Doni was the driving force. Farina conceded us a generous PK but Flachi hit the feet of goalie Calderoni who was diving towards the left post (left for the goalie).
Atalanta were indeed defending with 11 players in their PK area. Finally Flachi gained a FK just out of the PK area and Doni took the FK, a perfect shot to the left corner of the goal (left for the goalie).
The second half was a nightmare, the players of Sampdoria did not run any more and Atalanta became more and more enterprising, smelling the win. The goal came when Natali headed to goal and Antonioli made one of his famous blunders. He slipped when the ball was 1 metre far from his body.
After the goal there was no more reaction and Atalanta easily controlled. They could even score the third goal.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Agree about Udinese selling some of their best players in the summer, but I'm not so sure you can say Samp are necessarily a better team. Hard to judge, really.

In general though, Samp now have a week's break followed by a very hard game - cagliari away, will be a real test to see if we deserve CL or not.

Only good news today is that Palermo only got a point, other than that it's a day to forget.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts