1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 29 - 11/3/06 (19.30 UK)
Inter - Sampdoria

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter and Sampdoria both have reason to be disappointed with the season so far, and although Inter will be favourites at the San Siro they can be assured that the Blucerchiati will be desperate to take a shock win and put their season back on track.

A late Marco Materazzi equaliser saved a point for the Nerazzurri against Roma last weekend but the result allowed Inter's city rivals to pull four points clear of them in second place and Fiorentina to move within three points. After promising so much, Coach Roberto Mancini - who spent 15 years at Sampdoria as a player - knows that if his side don't find form fast the season will be declared a failure.

Sampdoria have lacked consistency and as a result have only a slim chance of competing in next year's UEFA Cup. Coach Walter Novellino - hotly tipped to take the Palermo job in the summer - bemoaned the lack of a killer instinct after being edged out 1-0 by Juventus last weekend, but spoke of his pride at the performance. Since losing Emiliano Bonazzoli to injury in the first days of 2006, the Genoa side have had to rely on goals from the midfield and will especially need to do so with Fabio Bazzani also out for the season.

Julio Cesar, Giuseppe Favalli, Marco Andreolli and Aparecido Cesar are all still out of action. Marco Materazzi and Javier Zanetti are suspended. Juan Sebastian Veron, who spent time at Sampdoria, is still not match fit despite rigorous fitness work with the Inter's other unfit players - Adriano, Jose Ze' Maria, Walter Samuel and fellow ex-Sampdoria man Sinisa Mihajlovic - on the golf course opposite the Biscioni's Angelo Moratti training complex.

Aside from the striking crisis, Novellino cannot call upon defenders Simone Pavan, Alessandro Bastrini and Mark Iuliano. Aimo Diana is suspended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter: Toldo; Burdisso, Cordoba, Samuel, Wome; Figo, Pizarro, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Adriano, Martins

Sampdoria: Antonioli; Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano; Gasbarroni, Volpi, Dalla Bona, Tonetto; Kutuzov, Flachi

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
INTER V SAMPDORIA: DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
Tuesday, 07 March 2006 18:44:47
MILAN - Marco Materazzi and Javier Zanetti, who were both on cautions before receiving yellow cards against Roma at the Olimpico, have each been handed a one-match suspension by the Lega Calcio's Disciplinary Commission and are therefore ruled out of Saturday evening's Serie A Week 29 match between Inter and Sampdoria (20:30, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza).

Disciplinary situation for Inter v Sampdoria:

INTER
Disqualified: Marco Materazzi, Javier Zanetti
Cautioned: Nicolas Burdisso, Luis Figo , Dejan Stankovic

SAMPDORIA
Disqualified: Aimo Diana
Cautioned: Simone Pavan, Marco Pisano, Max Tonetto, Sergio Volpi

inter.it

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is SUCH a winnable game for Sampdoria. Inter were woeful against Roma I thought and they really never looked like scoring despite having a lot of possession during periods of the game.

I fancy Samp to come away with a win as Inter will also have one eye on the Ajax game.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
well i hope we get a point atleast although i very much doubt it given recent results ,.....plus inter will now have to be careful of fiorentina and roma as they cud lose out on cl qualification for next season and so its crunch time for them and i feel they have enough class to beat us but then again they are inter and u never know with them

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
We will beat you. Don't get your hopes up, that is the number one worry you should have.

Anyways, good luck, hopefully a good game.q

·
Registered
57,838 Posts
Agreed, this game is close. Anything can happen. We've been awful for a while now, while Samp's results haven't been up to expectations.

But TS, Inter deserved to beat Samp 3-2 last season. Your goals came against the run of play, and Antonioli was one of the stars of the match as far as I can recall. Though it must be said that three late goals is very, very harsh and quite hard to swallow...

·
Registered
906 Posts
colombo cannot going to milan ,cause i see from the list of player the striker only :kutuzov,flachi and foti

hope some good luck can with us tomorow

forza sampdoriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
45,618 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Agreed, this game is close. Anything can happen. We've been awful for a while now, while Samp's results haven't been up to expectations.

But TS, Inter deserved to beat Samp 3-2 last season. Your goals came against the run of play, and Antonioli was one of the stars of the match as far as I can recall. Though it must be said that three late goals is very, very harsh and quite hard to swallow...
With Falcone on the pitch till the end that game was going to end 0-2.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
INTER V SAMP: 19 PLAYERS CALLED UP
Friday, 10 March 2006 14:44:40
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has named a 19-man squad for Saturday evening's Serie A Week 29 match against Sampdoria:

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar Soares

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 25 Walter Samuel, 33 Pierre Wome, 49 Marco Andreolli

Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Luis Figo , 8 David Pizarro, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 31 Cesar

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 10 Adriano, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

inter.it

===========================

RIZZOLI TO REF INTER V SAMPDORIA
Friday, 10 March 2006 12:05:14
MILAN - Nicola Rizzoli (Bologna) will referee Saturday evening's Serie A Week 29 match between Inter and Sampdoria (20:30, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza). For his second Nerazzurri match of the season after the quarter-final first leg between Inter and Lazio on 24 January 2006, Rizzoli will be assisted by linesmen Ayroldi and De Santis, and fourth official Mazzoleni.

inter.it

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Damn it, should've read your post earlier! Anyway, annoyingly have to go out now, but from what I've followed so far (thanks to gazzetta.it commentary), it's been quite a good first half. We pressed lots to begin with, have had some good chances (esp one with Flachi after 35 mins or so), but guess what?

Inter scored.

I'll be very impressed if we get anything out of this game, but I suppose it ain't over til the fat lady sings..

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
ToniSamp said:
1-0 Adriano

It's a pity cause we were playing rather well, but our attack does not exist...
agreed.
samp looked more vivid and aggresive, but lacks individual class.
game's far from over though.

you should try attacking over your left wing ... where burdisso plays. :D

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
ToniSamp said:
1-0 Adriano

It's a pity cause we were playing rather well, but our attack does not exist...

Maybe this is caused by Bazzani and Bonazzoli injuries :flirt:
Toni! Who is in the starting eleven in our attack?

Have a nice second half and...Samp comming back to this game :excited: :nervous: :hopefull:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Antonioli F. 21
Zenoni C. 77
Castellini M. 14
Falcone G. 19
Pisano M. 26
Gasbarroni A. 7
Volpi S. 4
Palombo A. 17
Tonetto M. 22