Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ToniSamp said:
:googly: For what? :eek:
Maybe congratulations to the supporters of Sampdoria who did not leave the stadium or switched off the TV during the second half but waited for the end of the... joke. Some of our players even played as if they were leaving for the holidays tomorrow.
Fair to say that Samp had a great 1st half and were denied a penalty :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
The first half Sampdoria played well, good ball movement in tight areas and a lot of good supporting runs and off the ball movement, and good use by Volpi of the fields width by Volpi. A little unfortunate on the goal, but that's what seperates Sampdoria from the big three... champions. Champions who can find that goal for the team.

As for the second half, if I'm Novellino I'm pretty pissed off right now, about the lackadaisical attitude, they ran fairly hard, but no one player stepped up there game and believed that they could score the tying goal. They seemed content just not to lose by an embarrasing amount. Dissapointing as Sampdoria is a team that can challenge for so much more, if you watched the game, every player on Sampdoria is pretty good on the ball, and being able to pass your way out of danger and pressure, thus creating space, is an aspect that teams who are currently higher in the table don't have.

Hopefully with two fit strikers next season, it will kick them out of their funk.

P.S. Falcone is such an elegant defender, and Castellini did and good job marking Adriano, who is going to start being the Adriano of old soon.

P.P.S. Good ref today, reffed a good balanced game, he was certainly helped by the type of game it was, but he did well.

Diavolo I know the foul your talking about, and technically the slight push by Burdisso on Tonetto is a penalty, but if it was called against Milan you would say it was pretty weak. By the way the ref made an excellent call on Adriano's dive, who lowered his foot on Antonioli to create contact, and make his dive more believable.

·
Registered
45,536 Posts
My ratings... I will be harsh:

Antonioli 6.5 - some brilliant saves but that pass to an opponent :rolleyes:
Zenoni 5 - useless when attacking, dangerous when defending
Castellini 6 - Adriano shoud be marked when heading, but overall decent
Falcone 6.5 - authoritative
Pisano 6.5 - good performance
Gasba 6 - in my opinion Novellino should have kept him on the pitch even if he had not been very brilliant
(replaced by Dalla Bona 4 - I hope he leaves tomorrow)
Volpi 6.5 - usual good performance. More, he's the only player of Sampdoria who has scored and had chances to score in the last 3-4 games!
Palombo 5.5 - not at his best
Tonetto 5 - I hope he is not thinking to the next season at Fiorentina
(Marchesetti n.v.)
Kutuzov 5 - quite nothing
Flachi 5 - quite nothing
(Foti n.v. - enters too late)

·
Registered
45,536 Posts
Diavolo said:
Fair to say that Samp had a great 1st half and were denied a penalty :)
A good 1st half but the 2nd half cancelled it. The worst second half in ages. I agree with Levato, who says:
As for the second half, if I'm Novellino I'm pretty pissed off right now, about the lackadaisical attitude, they ran fairly hard, but no one player stepped up there game and believed that they could score the tying goal. They seemed content just not to lose by an embarrasing amount.

And in my opinion there was a light foul on Tonetto. Too light for a referee to give a penalty kick against Inter at San Siro. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToniSamp said:
And in my opinion there was a light foul on Tonetto. Too light for a referee to give a penalty kick against Inter at San Siro. ;)
Maybe so Toni, but you heard that Bergomi during the commentary rated it as a clear penalty didn't you? :)

P.S. I won't be going to Torino tomorrow but as I believe you might, anything from 8/10 thousand Milanisti will attend :cool:

·
Registered
45,536 Posts
Diavolo said:
Maybe so Toni, but you heard that Bergomi during the commentary rated it as a clear penalty didn't you? :)
I was watching the game on a Chinese TV channel. :lala:
Anyway, maybe penalty, but not clear. ;)

P.S. I won't be going to Torino tomorrow but as I believe you might, anything from 8/10 thousand Milanisti will attend :cool:
Unfortunately no. And I can't watch it in TV either. :undecide:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ToniSamp said:
Of course, I could watch every 8.30 PM game on Chinese TV channels... but my girlfriend does not agree. ;)
Oh well, have a pleasant evening then :thumbsup:

P.S. I have a friend that chucks valium in his girlfriend coffee when he wishes to watch a match. This is another story though :tongue:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
il_principe said:
it's definitly shown on some asian channel.

only watched the first half of inter-samp tonight.
game got kinda boring for a neutral viewer.
Maybe due to the fact that Samp ain't as champagne football driven as Genoa :undecide:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Diavolo said:
P.S. I have a friend that chucks valium in his girlfriend coffee when he wishes to watch a match. This is another story though :tongue:
hahahahahahaha!
:howler:

is that "friend" you yourself? :D

you were joking on that valium story, right? :undecide:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
il_principe said:
hahahahahahaha!
:howler:

is that "friend" you yourself? :D

you were joking on that valium story, right? :undecide:
Nope, it's Gino :stuckup:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Diavolo said:
Maybe due to the fact that Samp ain't as champagne football driven as Genoa :undecide:
you might be right on that, but the only thing i get to see from genoa, are a few minute-long videoclips of their goals on genoa websites.
*sigh*

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
il_principe said:
you might be right on that, but the only thing i get to see from genoa, are a few minute-long videoclips of their goals on genoa websites.
*sigh*
Maybe Toni can help you on this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45,536 Posts
Diavolo said:
Oh well, have a pleasant evening then :thumbsup:

And I know a person who tells his gf that he has to do some work when there is a game of Sampdoria on saturday night. :lala:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Diavolo said:
Nope, it's Gino :stuckup:
doesn't his girlfriend get suspiscious about it, as she always falls asleep when milan is about to play?
does gino increase the valium rate for her coffee when he wants to travel to away games? :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ToniSamp said:
And I know a person who tells his gf that he has to do some work when there is a game of Sampdoria on saturday night. :lala:
:eekani: :lala: :eekani:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
il_principe said:
doesn't his girlfriend get suspiscious about it, as she always falls asleep when milan is about to play?
does gino increase the valium rate for her coffee when he wants to travel to away games? :D
Gino is professional, he knows his trade :stuckup:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts