Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
45,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 8.30 PM

This is the most important game of the season for me. A win against them and all my relatives and friends for the shame won't talk about football till the next season when Juve and Samp meet again. They can win the scudetto, the Champions League,... it's the same.
A defeat is not a problem... cause "Juventus defeating Sampdoria is just so obvious!".

Anyway, back to the game. Most of the players have recovered and just Bazzani and Bonazzoli will miss the game for injuries + Palombo (banned).
In my opinion the lineup should be:

-------------------Antonioli
Castellini-----Falcone-----Sala-----Pisano
Diana---------Volpi------Dalla Bona--Tonetto
--------------Flachi-------Foti

But I'm quite certain that Novellino will leave Sala and Foti on the bench. So more probably the lineup will be:

-------------------Antonioli
Castellini-----Falcone----Iuliano-----Pisano
Diana---------Volpi------Dalla Bona--Tonetto
--------------Flachi-----Colombo

Unless Novellino prefers Zenoni on the right flank and puts Castellini as center back.

I hope that Juventus will rest some players for the game against Werder Bremen.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Saturday 8.30 PM

This is the most important game of the season for me. A win against them and all my relatives and friends for the shame won't talk about football till the next season when Juve and Samp meet again.
So there are Juventus fans in Torino ;) :tongue: .

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
we will be for sure resting trez or zlatan AND vieira or emerson, will be a tough cookie to break .

i will be pleased with a draw. :)

·
Registered
45,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glen said:
So there are Juventus fans in Torino ;) :tongue: .

It depends on the place you go.
Near the old stadium Filadelfia I think that 99% of the people are supporters of Torino, infact all the people I know who live there support Torino, but where I live there is no comparison, many more supporters of Juventus, probably there are even more supporters of Inter and Milan than supporters of Torino. It could be interesting a research.
All my relatives support Juventus, but they live in towns and village of Piemonte, not in Torino.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
ToniSamp said:
It depends on the place you go.
Near the old stadium Filadelfia I think that 99% of the people are supporters of Torino, infact all the people I know who live there support Torino, but where I live there is no comparison, many more supporters of Juventus, probably there are even more supporters of Inter and Milan than supporters of Torino. It could be interesting a research.
All my relatives support Juventus, but they live in towns and village of Piemonte, not in Torino.
I'd concur with the Doriano. Where I'm from in Piemonte, a little village nestled away in the province of Novara about an hour NE of Torino there are hardly any Toro fans. Mainly Juve and Inter and the odd Rossonero.

Regarding the match, even though Juve may sit some of their key guys I still expect a win over the mediocre Samp with Del Piero burying a couple of goals. Definitely Werder is the priority but you'd definitely want to go into that match coming off of 2 straight wins domestically so Samp must be defeated to carry the momentum forward to Bremen.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well... Samp has been playing pretty well against the big boys (4 points against Milan and gave us many problems at Delle Alpi) only to piss it away against the supposed minnows.

Depends on what Samp shows up, and how much our guys are thinking about Werder.
A draw is not at all unlikely, but I hope we sneak away with three (1-2).
Zambrotta, Chiellini and Zebina are with the squad again after injury, so it should be pretty much a full team.

·
Registered
45,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matux said:
Is the game definatly going ahead? I thought there was a chance we would boycott this game.
No more, Marotta said that it won't be boycotted. Marotta indeed has always been perplex on the boycott, probably cause he is more inside football than Garrone and knows that a boycott could cost to Sampdoria more than simply points deducted. The answer of Carraro, chairman of FIGC, was veiled but clear "We will talk about the matter of the TV rights on friday 3 March (Note: one day before the game). I hope that the rules won't be violated, since the regularity of the championship is a priority" which sounded like a "pay attention to what I'm saying and behave accordingly". Infact till now Carraro left a wreck whoever dared to threat his interests (Gaucci, Preziosi).
More, I think that our management understood that nobody else in the small Consorzio Italia (Fiorentina, Palermo and Lecce are the other members) is going to boycott a game.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
CinqueDiMaggio said:
I'd concur with the Doriano. Where I'm from in Piemonte, a little village nestled away in the province of Novara about an hour NE of Torino there are hardly any Toro fans. Mainly Juve and Inter and the odd Rossonero.

Regarding the match, even though Juve may sit some of their key guys I still expect a win over the mediocre Samp with Del Piero burying a couple of goals. Definitely Werder is the priority but you'd definitely want to go into that match coming off of 2 straight wins domestically so Samp must be defeated to carry the momentum forward to Bremen.
Milan have a hell of a lot of supporters from Piemonte, especially Novara that is closer to Milano than Torino. Given the very unfortunate saga that Torino has gone through, it's true what Toni said, a number of Piemontesi now favour both Inter and Milan over Toro.
http://www.milanclub.it/clubs/clubs_piemonte.shtml
In Curva Sud we also have a BRN section from Torino.

On the match: Should be indeed a very entertaining and hardfought match :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CinqueDiMaggio said:
Regarding the match, even though Juve may sit some of their key guys I still expect a win over the mediocre Samp with Del Piero burying a couple of goals.
No, not Del Piero please. I can't stand that celebration with the tongue out. Rather, I hope that someone injures him tonight. Lightly, I mean, a week or so out.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i'm neutral on that one.
forza genoa - forza toro! :D

narrow win for samp will do though.
2-1 for the blucerchiati in football
10-0 for samp in support.

how many will travel from geno(v)a to torino you reckon?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Diavolo said:
Milan have a hell of a lot of supporters from Piemonte, especially Novara that is closer to Milano than Torino. Given the very unfortunate saga that Torino has gone through, it's true what Toni said, a number of Piemontesi now favour both Inter and Milan over Toro.
http://www.milanclub.it/clubs/clubs_piemonte.shtml
In Curva Sud we also have a BRN section from Torino.
Sorry, I should've choosen my words better. The odd few meaning in comparison to Juve and Inter I don't think there's as much. Definitely lots of Milanisti though up there.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
ToniSamp said:
No, not Del Piero please. I can't stand that celebration with the tongue out. Rather, I hope that someone injures him tonight. Lightly, I mean, a week or so out.
In any other game I wouldn't care who scored but because it's you Toni, I'm hoping it's Alex and ONLY him :drool:

·
Registered
45,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
il_principe said:
i'm neutral on that one.
forza genoa - forza toro! :D

narrow win for samp will do though.
2-1 for the blucerchiati in football
10-0 for samp in support.

how many will travel from geno(v)a to torino you reckon?
From Torino to Genova, you mean.... anyway, not many. :howler:
But remember that in Liguria there are lots of supporters of Juventus and that they could go to the stadium contrarily to the juventini living in Torino. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
yeah, from torino to genova i ment. :D
i hope the gobbi aren't allowed in the sacred gradinata nord...

will you travel there for that game or watch in a pub with 50 juventini?

·
Registered
45,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
il_principe said:
yeah, from torino to genova i ment. :D
i hope the gobbi aren't allowed in the sacred gradinata nord...

will you travel there for that game or watch in a pub with 50 juventini?
I don't think that the sector which is usually for visitors is big enough for all the supporters of Juventus so I guess that your sacred gradinata nord will be partially black and white. :D
I don't like to travel on Saturday night and in general I'm lazy so I'm going to watch the game in a pub with 50 gobbi or maybe at home.
BTW of course the game will be broacasted by a Chinese channel so whoever has downloded PPlive can easily watch the game. I don't know which channel yet, try all the channels under the category sport and you will find the game for sure.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
eh according to our form this shud be a cakewalk man as we r doin better against these big guns and so we will win against the old lady and then beat inter away next week and then beat lazio but we will then lose to the biggest team in italia=CAGLIARI at home

·
Registered
906 Posts
i think if Foti play , he will be important player for us in this match

come on sampdoria ,this chance for take 3 points ,im sure we can beat juventus at home and give joy for all sampdoriano

forza doriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 20 of 74 Posts