Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this crucial match, Milan host Sampdoria. Milan are currently trying to stay top of the table, while Sampdoria are chasing the Champions League. Sampdoria finds itself 1 point ahead of rivals Inter in the chase for CL qualification spots. It is likely that Palermo will be the only team challenging either team for one of the two spots.

Milan beat Atalanta the previous week with a late Pirlo knock in after a corner and Inzaghi effort.

Sampdoria had trouble with Chievo, but got a bit lucky and pulled off a well-fought game with a 1-nil victory against Chievo.

It is quite likely Milan will come out firing on all cylinders, so it is great to aim for a victory, but given that it is in the San Siro, and that this game is so important to both sides, playing for a draw might be a very good idea. But the key is playing the draw alll the way, even until the 7th of injury time if the score is tied. Milan can strike anytime and from anywhere.

Novellino is in a good mood and should have several stars back for the Milan game who he had to do without against Chievo.

--------------------------------------------------
Now Let's Beat Milan-Samp Coach Novellino

3/6/2005 6:54:00 PM

Sampdoria coach Walter Novellino was extremely happy following his team’s win over Chievo, a result that allowed the Doriani to maintain their third spot in the table.

“It was a difficult match, but we knew Chievo were a good team. It’s an extremely important win for us, we have 47 points, and this is a great achievement,” said Novellino, who then spoke about next week’s clash at Mlan.

“Next Sunday I want to hand our fans the joy of winning in the San Siro, that was denied to them earlier this season when Inter performed that incredible comeback,” he said.
-----------------------------------------

Novellino is not new to the San Siro. Having played there as a player, he won a Scudetto with MIlan as a player. He is also an avid Inter fan and it hurt him deeply to be stolen of a win and even a draw by Inter at the San Siro earlier this year. Have faith in Novellino, he will rally the troops and make sure that this time they come out on top and he can be CHAMPION OF THE CITY he loves so dearly.

Prediction: Sampdoria 1 Milan 0 (Flachi - 87th)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,526 Posts
Castellini (knee ligaments sprain) won't recover for the game against Milan, he should stay out at least 3 weeks, on the contrary Falcone and Pisano, who came out of the pitch lightly injured yesterday, should be ready. No news about Doni (calf muscle strain?).
It's a pity... with the duo Falcone-Castellini I doubt that Milan without Sheva could score so easily. On the contrary Pavan yesterday was awful, pure crap, slow and imprecise, even worse than Carrozzieri ( :eek: ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
These injuries are really starting to pile up... Shame about Doni after his good performance against Brescia, the guy is jinxed! He may not have been at his best with Samp, but he does have a little extra quality which could be important.

Castellini out is a big blow - unfortunately I have to base most of my judgement on what La Gazzetta says, and the fact that Pavan got 5 and Carrozzieri 5,5 yesterday doesn't fill me with confidence.

AC have also outplayed us every time in the last 1.5 years, so I'm not expecting much next week-end, a draw would be a good result, but I hope we don't sit back and defend all game cos I think we'll get punished.

Chances are AC will get a 97th minute winner anyway..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,526 Posts
RossoNeri_BAKU said:
Sorry, but we need all three points :)
I know... :sigh:
I have no doubt that you will win this game... :stress:
The best team always wins in football... :wallbang:
There is no hope for a poor team like Sampdoria... :moan:
Aim at the heart, not at the face :dontcare:

P.S. a tribute to Diavolo (the member) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59,183 Posts
I'll be watching it :happy: , fingers crossed it gets shown which it hopefully will be as it's the best game out of the round of matches.

Sound like an old fart but the last game I saw of Sampdoria was in Dubai of all places, was the Italian cup final against Ancona I think when you won like with 6-2 and Gullit :proud: scored from a freekick. Lombardo, Mancini, those were the days. Sundays game'll be like the first game I'll be seeing 90 mins live of Sampdoria again after 10 years thanks to the crappy TV coverage overhere :fero:

haven't really followed Samp intensively since but hopefully thanks to this coolstreams thing I'll be following you a bit more :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,526 Posts
Wally said:
I'll be watching it :happy: , fingers crossed it gets shown which it hopefully will be as it's the best game out of the round of matches.

Sound like an old fart but the last game I saw of Sampdoria was in Dubai of all places, was the Italian cup final against Ancona I think when you won like with 6-2 and Gullit :proud: scored from a freekick. Lombardo, Mancini, those were the days. Sundays game'll be like the first game I'll be seeing 90 mins live of Sampdoria again after 10 years thanks to the crappy TV coverage overhere :fero:

haven't really followed Samp intensively since but hopefully thanks to this coolstreams thing I'll be following you a bit more :cool:
I have to quote again Mart: "Once a Samp fan, always a Samp fan...there is no escape" :tongue:

Welcome, Wally :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59,183 Posts
cheers, I'll have to learn the names though first :pp

Messing aside, I noticed nearly all your players are Italian bar a couple like Kutuzov who you got on loan from Milan, but relatively few compared to other sides. Even in the late few years before you got relegated, you had Veron, Seedorf, Ortega :D, Karembeu if I'm not mistaken, but how come is this? this cos the chairman doesn't have the money to buy foreign stars anymore or is it cos of bad experiences with certain foreign players? not saying that you should buy foreign btw as I'd want Feyenoord to do the same and harvest domestic talent instead of looking abroad only to get players who are of the same level or even worse than the players we have in our academy :groan:

also will the diver be starting on Sunday ? if yes, he'll be the only stain for me come Sunday :groan: :pp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I know... :sigh:
I have no doubt that you will win this game... :stress:
The best team always wins in football... :wallbang:
There is no hope for a poor team like Sampdoria... :moan:
Aim at the heart, not at the face :dontcare:

P.S. a tribute to Diavolo (the member) ;)
I have a bad feeling about this game :scared: :stress: :scared:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,526 Posts
Wally said:
Messing aside, I noticed nearly all your players are Italian bar a couple like Kutuzov who you got on loan from Milan, but relatively few compared to other sides. Even in the late few years before you got relegated, you had Veron, Seedorf, Ortega :D, Karembeu if I'm not mistaken, but how come is this? this cos the chairman doesn't have the money to buy foreign stars anymore or is it cos of bad experiences with certain foreign players? not saying that you should buy foreign btw as I'd want Feyenoord to do the same and harvest domestic talent instead of looking abroad only to get players who are of the same level or even worse than the players we have in our academy :groan:
It's a choice of the coach who just wants Italian players or foreign players who have already played in an Italian club. In fact we have the Belorussian Kutuzov (who had already played for Milan, Avellino) and the Ghanian Edusei (Lecce, Cosenza, Piacenza).

also will the diver be starting on Sunday ? if yes, he'll be the only stain for me come Sunday :groan: :pp
the diver dived too much and now suffers from backache. :D He could play some minutes here and there but at the end of the season he will probably go back to Lazio.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't worry Samp will teach a lesson to this year's future CL Champions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
ToniSamp said:
the diver dived too much and now suffers from backache. :D He could play some minutes here and there but at the end of the season he will probably go back to Lazio.
:howler: You do realize you're in third place only because that useless clown hasn't been playing, don't you? :tongue:

Oh wait a minute, you're playing us this weekend. Inzaghino, get well soon! :kiss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Me too. I'd say surely more than you have. :scared: :scared: :stress: :stress: :scared: :scared:
Toni, your supposed to be rooting for Samp ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,526 Posts
Friendly vs the Allievi team trained by Attilio Lombardo. The final score was 4-0 with the goals scored by Flachi, Rossini and Doni (2).
Falcone and Pisano will probably be in the starting lineup, while Sacchetti is finally healthy and fit. So just Castellini will be absent for sure, Pavan will replace him.

-------------------Antonioli
C.Zenoni------Pavan------Falcone-----Pisano
Diana---------Volpi--------Palombo----Tonetto
--------------Flachi-------Kutuzov (or Rossini)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,526 Posts
The referee will be Rossetti from Torino. Will he be a supporter of Juventus? I don't know, I hope so. :D

Rossetti has already been the referee of Sampdoria in the first game of the season when we were defeated by Lazio: Rossetti conceded a PK to Lazio for a foul of Antonioli of Simone Inzaghi (who was at Lazio) and sent off Antonioli. He applied the rules... no objections.

He was the referee even in Day 5 for Sampdoria - Livorno (2-0). He did not concede a PK to Livorno (foul of Pavan on C.Lucarelli) when the score was 1-0 and that caused the famous "political" accusation made by Cristiano Lucarelli
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
I agree that it is the rules that are flawed, but I still remember how much that incident stunk all the way up to Stockholm. And the fact that Inzaghi now plays for us is kind of ironic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,526 Posts
GK: Antonioli, Turci

DF: Carrozzieri, Falcone, Pavan, Pisano, Sacchetti, Zenoni

MF: Diana, Doni, Edusei, Gasbarroni, Palombo, Tonetto, Volpi

FW: Flachi, Inzaghi, Kutuzov, Rossini, Zane

Out: castellini (injured) and Iacopino
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top