Xtratime Community banner

Day 26: Sampdoria - Ascoli

824 views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  fats 
#1 ·
Tomorrow in the afternoon.

Falcone, Antonioli, Flachi and Iuliano are back. Foti is confirmed in the starting lineup. Gasba is out for a gastroenteritis.

Probable lineup:

--------------------Antonioli
Castellini------Falcone-------Iuliano-------Pisano
Diana----------Volpi--------Palombo------Tonetto
---------------Flachi---------Foti

Many absences for Ascoli and above all their star Foggia (banned :thumbsup: ).

---------------------Coppola
Comotto--------Paci--------Domizzi-------Del Grosso
Giampà---------Guana-------Parola----------Fini
-------------Quagliarella---Bjelanovic

Referee Rocchi (Sampdoria-Roma 1-1 in this season)

See less See more
#3 ·
Big game tonight: Livorno - Inter.

Naturally Inter know they've lost the scudetto and are putting all their hopes on CL which starts again mid-week. Hence, the're doing Livorno a nice favour by playing a bunch of jokers like Wome and Kily Gonzales tonight.. Cheers, Mancio!

To be fair to him, anyone would do the same. It's annoying that it had to happen in a game against our biggest rivals for UEFA cup spot, though..

#5 ·
bogliaschino said:
Big game tonight: Livorno - Inter.

Naturally Inter know they've lost the scudetto and are putting all their hopes on CL which starts again mid-week. Hence, the're doing Livorno a nice favour by playing a bunch of jokers like Wome and Kily Gonzales tonight.. Cheers, Mancio!

To be fair to him, anyone would do the same. It's annoying that it had to happen in a game against our biggest rivals for UEFA cup spot, though..
Well, we know that we can't expect presents from Mancini. Never. I just hope that they win anyhow.

#8 ·
I like Guana of Ascoli. Good midfielder. For Sampdoria, you should win, but Ascoli are good at drawing so watch out for a 0-0 or 1-1. I predict 2-1 Samp.

#9 ·
we must beat them , important to take 3 points after the draw between livorno and inter last night

and 3 points is important before we playing away next match to siena and going home back against juvemerda

good news see falcone can played again

beat them my lovely doria

forza sampdoriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#10 ·
They have the confirmed teams on Gazzetta. It seems Colombo is starting instead of Foti. aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought Novellino was a good manager but now Im not sure.

The teams:

Sampdoria

21 Antonioli F.
77 Zenoni C.
14 Castellini M.
28 Iuliano M.
26 Pisano M.
34 Diana A.
4 Volpi S.
17 Palombo A.
22 Tonetto M.
27 Colombo C.
10 Flachi F.

A disposizione
1 Castellazzi L.
19 Falcone G.
32 Pavan S.
29 Mingozzi G.
8 Dalla Bona S.
11 Marchesetti M.
88 Foti S.

Ascoli

Coppola F. 28
Comotto G. 16
Domizzi M. 80
Paci M. 24
Del Grosso C. 3
Giampa' D. 5
Guana R. 14
Parola A. 18
Fini M. 8
Quagliarella F. 99
Bjelanovic S. 79

Zotti C. 51
Carbone F. 13
Lauro M. 53
Bonetto R. 88
Moro A. 4
Cariello A. 11
Budan I. 19

#11 ·
My mistake. Foti starts infront of Colombo, gazzetta teams have changed. Dont have an idea of why they posted them teams then... but anyway at least Foti plays

#18 ·
Proof that there's no point having a season where you take 4 points off Milan if you're going to lose all six to Ascoli.

I'm sure we will keep trying til the end for that UEFA Cup spot, but we won't get it and we don't deserve it. What a game to lose. We were totally outplayed, and Ascoli had their start man missing as well.

I've run ouf of words to describe Flachi - one sulky sending off when we lose to a small team is already bad enough and I wanted him out as it was then. Now I'm getting to the point where I'd really just rather we played w/o him - he clearly thinks he's bigger than the team and at this rate he'll convince the likes of Tonetto, Volpi, and, worse still, Novellino, that Samp isn't the place to stay.

He's good, but he's not indispensable.

#20 ·
If we loose Novellino, and Volpi then we'll be in a crisis situation. I didn't see the incident but if Flachi thinks he's bigger than the club, then we could do without his ego and the disruptions it'll bring on and off the pitch. I agree, we won't get a UEFA cup spot, unlucky with injuries and far too inconsistent. If we do loose Flachi (isn't his contract up in July?) then who can we get to replace him, someone that is at least equally as good. Realistically, we'd only pay a nominal fee or take someone on loan. This policy of loaning and buying mediocre players will sooner or later be our undoing.

#21 ·
what happened with the team ,and again flachi was sent off

this is a stupid result and i heard that we dont deserved to win , looks like we play sucked

again we must lost the maximum points in the home , and i dont understand with flachi this season he sent off twice ,what the think of his mind

maybe the competition of uefa spot is still open with draw of livorno,chievo and plaermo ,but looks like (if still not consistent) we cannot deserved to play in europa next season

this is worrying for me ,i hope next season we make change in our team for gave a good performance like last season and must not inconsistent again ,this is hard work for novellino about the inconsitent and the management for take new player

forza sampdoria

#22 ·
why the heck is sala not playing.......when he used to play we werent as bad at the back as we r now........and flachi didnt deserve to be sent off as he was only laughing and not even directly at the ref[atleast thats how i saw it in the highlights yesterday] ...and we shud forget europe for a while now

#23 ·
I feel for Sala, he always moves to clubs, does alright but they replace him. I do not know why because when I see him, he has never been worse than solid to me.

#26 ·
anyone know what happened (or more like what didn't happen) before the ascoli game? I heard there was a tv-report which seemed to show the coppers discovering some kind of attempt to ambush the ascoli bus/buses with rockets or a homemade firework bomb, presumably in revenge for the female sampa-fan who got a rocket in her face at ascoli the last game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.