Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm a bit too cautious, but this is (again) a game I fear. Reggina are indeed a team full of average players but they are tough, like their coach Mazzarri, who, in my opinion, will have the chance to train a top club sooner or later.
At Granillo, in the first half of the championship, we defeated them 1-0 but we were lucky, since they had lots of opportunities to score (in particular Giuseppe Colucci wasted an enormous opportunity in the injury time sending the ball over the bar). The player I would steal them is Mozart, the Brazilian playmaker. Other important players are the center forward Bonazzoli, 6 goals in serie A till now, and the right wingback Mesto, under 21 European champion in 2004. The Japanese offensive midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura is more famous than them all but he hardly finds a place in the starting lineup.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'll be cheering for Reggina, but I wish you guys luck. It will be a tough game for you guys as it has been tough for everyone. But a thing you have in your favour is that you don't outclass Reggina by that much, so you won't be as vunerable on the break and Reggina does have a problem when they are trying to sustain an attack for a period of time as the just don't have the talented interplay of the really good teams. There is no cutting runs and what not and players sometimes just don't know what to do with the ball. There are exceptions of course but Reggina is very solid in defense but lack the finesse in attack that would boost Reggina into the regions of a Palermo.

Bonazzoli is really good at holding up the ball but his finishing is lacking or else he would be something of a Vieri. He works hard and he is a very important part of this team. Good luck it is also an away game for Reggina so they are not as fearesome as they could be.

·
Registered
822 Posts
At least we shouldn't lose, but scoring a winner may prove tough. Perhaps this is Inzaghi's chance to prove that he can do more than just dive?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Lennon said:
At least we shouldn't lose, but scoring a winner may prove tough. Perhaps this is Inzaghi's chance to prove that he can do more than just dive?
No chance. This is the kind of match we would need Bazzani in.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zuenotto said:
No chance. This is the kind of match we would need Bazzani in.
Well, the game of the last season is a clear example of it: Samp - Reggina 2-0 Bazzani two goals, nothing at all apart those two goals for both teams, so without Bazzani, who even invented one goal with an impossible shot, the game was probably going to be a 0-0.
Now Bazzani seems to be back the player he was at that time, or at least in the last game vs Atalanta he has been very good.

·
Registered
60,516 Posts
ToniSamp said:
The player I would steal them is Mozart, the Brazilian playmaker.
:thmbup:

He's a class act. :shades: I wonder how the big clubs in Italy didn't notice his talent yet. He has a great left foot and he controls midfield very well. Sometimes on his own.

·
Registered
823 Posts
nerazzurri4life, you have spelt vaffanculo wrong by your name.

You might want to consider just removing it altogether, because if we were all going to get rude to each other, forums like this one would be plastered with hate slogans against all big teams who have made so much to destroy modern football. And Inter is most certainly one of them.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bad news regarding Falcone, who has recovered from injury but needs time to get the fitness. Pavan should replace him again. Diana is still injured and will be replaced by Gasbarroni.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Bad news regarding Falcone, who has recovered from injury but needs time to get the fitness. Pavan should replace him again. Diana is still injured and will be replaced by Gasbarroni.

Samp seems to be a good team with all thier players, but without, are close to nothing. We have no back up on bench.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Agree Sampdoria, luckily we're fairly well covered on the wings (Gasbarroni or Kutuzov should be ok, and Doni's back too), but Pavan's a bit dodgy and if Flachi, Volpi, or Palombo ever get injured we can wave good-bye to any European aspirations..

We really need a win on Sunday, but I think it'll be tough, we'll need a bit of magic from Flachi, or maybe Rossini to focus all his effort and energy into hitting the target once or twice.

Just a random thought, but what are the odds of Palombo ever getting a goal? He hit the bar the other week didn't he, but still no goals in 2.5 years..

·
Registered
822 Posts
bogliaschino said:
Just a random thought, but what are the odds of Palombo ever getting a goal? He hit the bar the other week didn't he, but still no goals in 2.5 years..
We can just imagine what kind of player Palombo would be if he dared playing more through balls and crosses, and also try to finish a bit more often. I think he has the potential, but he just needs to realise that he can be so much more than just a hardman.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
And we will face again the effect Dondarini. Will this ref try to show that he is super partes and will send off 2 players of Sampdoria after 10 minutes? What is certain is that our players MUST keep quiet!

P.S. I agree about the fact that Palombo has the potential to do more, but above all I consider him one of those players who have 100% commitment and that, added to his good qualities, makes him a natural born winner. I hope he will stay at Samp till the end of his carreer.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
That's one thing I find strange about Serie A, the number of times certain referee's officiate the same team in such a short period of time :confused:

This won't be an easy game,didn't they play against Juventus a few weeks back and looked the better team ,even after they had a player sent off?

·
Registered
785 Posts
ToniSamp said:
And we will face again the effect Dondarini. Will this ref try to show that he is super partes and will send off 2 players of Sampdoria after 10 minutes? What is certain is that our players MUST keep quiet!
You never fail to blame the referee toni! :D

But didnt he send of the Fiorentina players as well?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Yes, that's the point. He helped us massively against Fiorentina (although to be fair if Bojinov did elbow Volpi in the face, then it's a sending off regardless of whether it's in the 7th or 90th minute), hopefully he won't screw us over this time to show his 'fairness' somehow..

But I agree that we shouldn't worry too much about the ref, Samp need a good performance to get a result against Reggina regardless of who's reffing.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Falcone is ok! EDIT: yes - no - yes - no... we will know it just today! Pavan is ready to replace him.

Probable lineup: Antonioli - Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone (Pavan), Pisano - Gasbarroni, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto - Flachi, Rossini.

Kutuzov is the alternative to Gasbarroni as a replacement for Diana, while Doni and Inzaghi will be on the bench. If I was told five years ago that Doni and Inzaghi were going to sit on the bench of Sampdoria I would have been very happy about it, right now I think that our bench sucks. :tongue:

·
Registered
785 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Falcone is ok! EDIT: yes - no - yes - no... we will know it just today! Pavan is ready to replace him.

Probable lineup: Antonioli - Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone (Pavan), Pisano - Gasbarroni, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto - Flachi, Rossini.

Kutuzov is the alternative to Gasbarroni as a replacement for Diana, while Doni and Inzaghi will be on the bench. If I was told five years ago that Doni and Inzaghi were going to sit on the bench of Sampdoria I would have been very happy about it, right now I think that our bench sucks. :tongue:

Toni, can you give us the starting 11 in their possition....ive always wanted to know exactly where they play...

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, with Novellino is rather easy, since he sticks to 4-4-2

goalie: Antonioli
right back: Zenoni
center backs: Castellini and Pavan (or Falcone)
left back: Pisano
right midfielder (winger): Gasbarroni
in the middle: Volpi and Palombo
left midfielder (winger): Tonetto
forwards: Flachi and Rossini

--------------Antonioli
Zenoni----Castellini----Falcone----Pisano
Gasba-------Volpi-----Palombo---Tonetto
------------Flachi-----Rossini

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Erm, just had a looke at our line-up - where's Rossini?? Not even on the bench.. Similarly Inzaghi is nowhere to be seen. Falcone hasn't made it either, so we have 3 Primavera on the bench!

Still, Flachi just scored so at least things on the pitch are ok (for now at least).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts