Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
La Liga | Matchday 25th | Sun, 24th Feb 08, 17:00 | Estadio Reyno de Navarra

Osasuna
Pos: 17th. P: 24. W: 7. D: 5. L: 12. Goals scored: 25. Goals conceded: 30. Points: 26. Top Scorer: Puff Daddy 6 goals

Atlético de Madrid
Pos: 4th. P: 24. W: 12. D: 5. L: 7. Goals scored: 39. Goals conceded: 25. Points: 41. Top Scorer: Agüero 10 goals

Starting XI
13 Abbiati [12 (1) matches, 11 goals conceded]
_3 A López [10 (1) matches]
21 Perea [18 matches]
12 Eller [11 (3) matches]
_4 Pernía [18 matches, 1 goal]
_9 L García [5 (15) matches, 2 goals]
_6 Santana [6 (5) matches]
15 Jurado [2 (7) matches, 2 goals]
17 Reyes [9 (11) matches]
11 Maxi [20 (3) matches, 5 goals]
_7 Forlán [21 (1) matches, 9 goals]

Subs 1 Falcón 14 Zé Castro 19 De Las Cuevas 20 Mista 23 Valera 29 Camacho

Injured 2 Seitaridis 5 Motta 24 Simão 25 L Franco

Banned 8 R García 10 Agüero 22 Pablo

Out of the squad 27 Quillo 28 César 30 Rubiato 31 David Fernández 32 Didi 33 Domínguez

Previous Meetings
2002-03 Osasuna 1 (Rivero) Atl Madrid 0
2003-04 Osasuna 1 (P García) Atl Madrid 0
2004-05 Osasuna 1 (Aloisi) Atl Madrid 0
2005-06 Osasuna 2 (R García, Romeo) Atl Madrid 1 (Petrov)
2006-07 Osasuna 1 (Milosevic) Atl Madrid 2 (Maxi, Monreal pm)

Osasuna Squad
1 Elía 13 Ricardo
3 Monreal 6 Plasil 7 Cruchaga 8 Héctor Font 9 Portillo 10 Puñal 11 Pandiani
12 Juanfran 14 Josetxo 16 Javi García 17 Javier Flaño 21 Vela 22 Sola 23 Delporte 24 Astudillo 40 Azpilicueta

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
How many players will get sent off in this game?

I predict 4 like almost a year ago when they met at VC.

:googly:

I'll seriously be happy with one point but I hope Reyes can continue his good form from the Bolton-game.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
yeah a very tough game for atleti.though osasuna are not great this season i agree that a point will be the probable result though i hope for a morale boosting victory as i am now really worried that we might not qualify for the UCL.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
You're getting rocked 3-1 right now; almost over.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope that it is over for Aguirre too...what a collapse for the season.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
You have zero defenders.

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
Osasuna deserved the three points and Atlético will most likely lose their Champions League-spot after the game against Barcelona next week.

Mariano Pernía and Fabiano Eller were, well, what is it you call a two players that has absolutely no clue and screw up every single second during their 45 minutes on the pitch? :dielaugh:

Atlético won't qualify for Champions League because we simply haven't got the cover for all our keyplayers getting injured and suspended for that matter, well, as long as they keep on spitting, kicking, fighting and allowing easy goals that is..

·
Wizard lvl 99
115 Posts
Well it is not Aguirres fault that his players get injured/banned. He also has shown interest in getting his defense beefed up since they all pretty much suck.

AM is still in fourth place and as long as they are I do no think they will throw away Aguirre.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coaches are the first ones to be fired if the results go bad. He cannot be playing Pernia week in week out if everybody can see that the player is a liability.Same goes for Eller or Pablo...Aguirre should have even tried the youth team players than continuing with these crap players. He should have got his players have some discipline in the field and not get cards everytime.

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
brs said:
Coaches are the first ones to be fired if the results go bad. He cannot be playing Pernia week in week out if everybody can see that the player is a liability.Same goes for Eller or Pablo...Aguirre should have even tried the youth team players than continuing with these crap players. He should have got his players have some discipline in the field and not get cards everytime.
He has no choice but playing Pernía when the likes of Valera and Seitaridis are injured. Pablo was suspended so that's why Eller played.

García Pitarch is the man to blame, he didn't bring in Riquelme (Acceptable) before the season started, but then they decided to find a new club for Maniche and he doesn't get replaced.

You can't really blame Aguirre if Maniche showed bad attitude towards the end of December, you can't really blame him for how these players are playing and acting, you can definitely not blame him for all these injuries.

Atlético has problems but quite a few regulars are supposed to come back next week so I'm still hopefull, even though todays display was nothing else than bad.

I'd agree on the fact that he should've tried at least one youth player against Mallorca and perhaps Bolton earlier this season, but defenders are hard to replace like this. I don't really think some of Atléticos youth players can play at this level yet, perhaps Dominguez who's been in the squad for quite a while.

·
Registered
197 Posts
How did Vela play?

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
Vela and Plasil killed Atléticos defence.

They were superb both today.

:thmbup:

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
zoric said:
He has no choice but playing Pernía when the likes of Valera and Seitaridis are injured. Pablo was suspended so that's why Eller played.

García Pitarch is the man to blame, he didn't bring in Riquelme (Acceptable) before the season started, but then they decided to find a new club for Maniche and he doesn't get replaced.

You can't really blame Aguirre if Maniche showed bad attitude towards the end of December, you can't really blame him for how these players are playing and acting, you can definitely not blame him for all these injuries.

Atlético has problems but quite a few regulars are supposed to come back next week so I'm still hopefull, even though todays display was nothing else than bad.

I'd agree on the fact that he should've tried at least one youth player against Mallorca and perhaps Bolton earlier this season, but defenders are hard to replace like this. I don't really think some of Atléticos youth players can play at this level yet, perhaps Dominguez who's been in the squad for quite a while.
:thmbup: i agree completely.Pitarch should have had spent on a quality defender in the summer instead of buying reyes.Also a midfielder should have been signed in january like tiago.Also the fact the players have gone mad doesn't help aguirre.Camacho should now be used IMO as the rest are playing shit.

In the recent games we have now seen the importance of Raul garcia.Without him the midfield really looks clueless.

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
I would love to see Nacho get a start for once, the guy has showed that he's pretty mature and knows how to play the game. The problem would be experience as he's starting on a vital place in midfield, but I wouldn't mind testing him out, I mean, it doesn't get any worse than for an example tonight.

The starting line-up will consist of Raúl García and José Manuel Jurado and the latter one mentioned had a good period before he got injured on that warm-up against Real Valladolid in Copa del Rey, that's when all these problems actually started to show if we don't consider the display against Espanyol at home, where our players showed a lot of heart and worked very hard.

We've taken 4 out of 18 points since the Liga turned around. Sevilla are getting closer, the same goes for Racing and even Valencia even though they still need to improve.

I can't see us winning against Barcelona, but I hope we'll at least play a good game to gain some confidence.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Man... Pitarch :D

This guy said no to Cristiano Ronaldo, Malouda and Drogba (the last 2 guys were more or less done by Pep Claramunt for such a little sum that you can't believe it!) for Jorge Lopez, Canobbio and Oliveira :D :wallbang:

You're so lucky to have him!
You can't guess how we miss him at Valencia :pp

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
Actually, he was the one who wanted Riquelme while Aguirre said the opposite.

I would prefer Caminero ;)

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I would love to see Nacho get a start for once, the guy has showed that he's pretty mature and knows how to play the game. The problem would be experience as he's starting on a vital place in midfield, but I wouldn't mind testing him out, I mean, it doesn't get any worse than for an example tonight.
thats the point,he cannot be any worse than the midfielders that are playing at the moment.so what if he looks out of depth........we already are losing badly.No harm in atleast having a go

And our sporting director is pure comedy.Thanks God he didn't buy riquelme otherwise we would have wasted our money and he would have gone back to argentinain january.
I also now feel that things are getting out of control of Aguirre

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
we need defeners...i cant take it anymore with this pernia, is the worst player i see in my life :yuck: :yuck:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts