Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Final result : Erreala 3 - 3 Valencia
What a game!!! :crazy: :thumbsup: The truth is that it could have gone either way, the 3 points were very important but more important was IMO a good performance so that we can build on that, AGAIN. Well, Erreala gave us that performance. It was by far the best game in Anoeta this season. The atmosphere was a bit strange, there were only 15.500 spectators (2nd worst in Anoeta history in Liga) , the season ticket holders had to pay, many of them didn´t pay "as a punishment to the board", others because it is Carnival and the ones who attended the game were really vocal and helpful.
Amorrortu finally made some changes in the team and it paid off. The line-up:

..........................................Riesgo.............................................

Zubiaurre.................Labaka..............Luiz Alberto...................Garrido

.....................................Mikel Alonso..........................................

........Xabi Prieto..................Karpin........................Aranburu...........

.........................................Nihat...............................................

......................................Kovacevic............................................

Karpin played in the centre, Prieto in the right wing and Aranburu in the left. I think that Karpin´s presence in midfield helps the team as he offers more alternatives and his experience is needed in an area we need to strengthen and he makes way for Xabi Prieto in the right. The other gamble of Amorrortu was Zubiaurre, it´s a bit strange as after Rekarte´s awful season, he played a correct game last week. The truth is that currently Rekarte is not at Zubiaurre´s level. The game was really crazy, Erreala started really well, attacking since minute 1 but Valencia got the first goal in their only chance in the 1st half (Di Vaio , minute 8). Setzer, you´re right, I don´t know what have we done to him but he only scores against basque teams :nono: Nihat scored a great goal just before half-time and the second half was a bit more levelled. Minute 79: Valencia scores but the refferee disallowes it, close but fairly. Minute 80 a very similar goal by Aranburu, this time correct :thumbsup: Next play: header by Baraja, draw again. Minute 89: Xisco scores, we´re in hell again. Minute 92: great play by Karpin and Nihat beats Cañizares. :eekani: :proud: This team needs Karpin and Nihat to get more involved, they were brilliant today, but all players´effort was great from minute 1 to 90+3. It feels great to see Prieto leave the field exhausted... if we could see this more often...

·
Registered
36 Posts
A hell one of a game :)

I was neutral watching this game, but the way Erreala played made me wish them get the three points, which they actually deserve.

Nihat, Karpin, M.Alonso, L.Alberto.... they all played a decent game.

Prieto need more games to get more effective, actually he was great but I'd would expect more from him in future especially if he gets in such games as last night.

iparralde, haven't seen Rekarte that much this season but was he THAT bad. I watched him in couple a games and he seemed OK imo.

·
Registered
556 Posts
iparralde, haven't seen Rekarte that much this season but was he THAT bad. I watched him in couple a games and he seemed OK imo.
He´s had some correct games (as las week) but in most of them he´s been under his usual form. He´s never been a good defender but what mostly lets him down is his decision-making. It´s a difficult situation for Amorrortu because Rekarte is the captain this year and I think that he´s tried to help him but imo Zubiaurre is a better bet than Rekarte right now.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
About Rekarte-Zubiaurre, you remember I was asking for Iban some threads back, the games I´ve seen him he´s done well, even more for a newbie while Aitor seems very nervous, I think the pressure of being captain is too high on him.

Congrats Erreala for the point, I hope this is a turning point. I´ve always said and I keep on thinking it, that Amorrortu won´t make Erreala play well, he won´t make Erreala champion of anything, but he will make the team that will on a future give a lot of joy to the Errealzales, he´s giving opportunities to young good players and it´s passing them his winning mentality, if he stays let´s say for a couple of years, the next coach will have a very good team to work with, as long as players don´t leave of course.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
what a game! :star: :eekani:
Erreala definetely deserved the 3pts,they attacked all the game and battled until the final whistle.
Nihat was MOM without a doubt,he was very efficient(2goals from 3 chances to score) and this Prieto really impressed me,his technique and skills are very good :thumbsup:
i hope this game will be a turning point for Erreala this season! :cool:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi guys,where can i download the goals???
I´m sorry, Leftfoot, I´m afraid I can´t help you. I don´t know where you could download the goals.
About Rekarte-Zubiaurre, you remember I was asking for Iban some threads back, the games I´ve seen him he´s done well, even more for a newbie while Aitor seems very nervous, I think the pressure of being captain is too high on him.
I don´t know if it is the pressure but the truth is that he´s not making things he was good at. Zubiaurre is not the finished article but he´s a solid defender, intelligent and he knows when he has to help in the attack.
Nihat was MOM without a doubt,he was very efficient(2goals from 3 chances to score) and this Prieto really impressed me,his technique and skills are very good
Nihat was great yesterday, he must take more responsability in other games, he must be one of our leaders. Xabi Prieto is a very good right winger, he must have more game-time and maybe, become a bit stronger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts