Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I can´t travel to A Coruña to watch this game, I really want to go to Riazor since it´s the stadium Athletic is best received but I´m with exams...:mad: next year, I always say the same. Anyway, Urzaiz returns to the list (finally!) and Valverde rests Ezquerro and Iraola, they won´t travelled to A Coruña.

Aranzubia, Lafuente.

Murillo, César, Prieto, Karanka,:scared: Casas, Del Horno.

Gurpegi, Orbaiz, Tiko, Yeste, Solabarrieta, Guerrero.

Etxeberria, Llorente, Urzaiz, Arriaga.

I don´t know if Valverde will continue with the 4-4-2 for away games or change it to the home 4-2-3-1 since he´s bring our two "tank" style strikers and it would be strange to sit both in the bench, truth is Llorente probably has speed enough to play on a 4-4-2.

It will be also interesting to see who plays on the left, if Valverde repeats the Casas-Del Horno partnership that did well in Valencia with Yeste in the center or we return to the Del Horno-Yeste that played in Valladolid.

If we play a 4-2-3-1 Etxebe will be in the right, if not it will be between Arriaga and Aritz Solabarrieta, I would give a chance to Aritz, he deserves a decent chance, not just playing 4 minutes per game.:rolleyes:

Taking in mind we don´t loose since Valverde change to a 4-4-2 in Liège for away games (3 wins, 2 draws) I suppose he will continue with it and I predict something like this although I think we´ll see some surprises.

Code:
              Aranzubia

Murillo    Gurpegi   L.Prieto   Del Horno

Arriaga/Aritz  Tiko     Orbaiz    Yeste

Etxebe   Llorente

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depor aren't doin' well this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Bilbao pick the three points even if without Iraola and Ezq playing.

Eyes will be kept on Orbaiz, sure ya know why.

BTW, why athletic got a warm well come in Riazor Txupa?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Eyes will be kept on Orbaiz, sure ya know why
Luis Prieto has apparently attracted interest from Depor too, and I yesterday read that Shakstar Donetsk also made an offer to him :eek: , his current contract ends in June and Athletic may have offered him a low new one. What do you know, Txupa,Inigo...?
Basque teams always get a good reception from the Galizan crowd. I´ve been several times at Riazor and Balaidos and it´s great to be there ( I must admit that part of my family are Galizan and I feel like at home ). However it´s also true that Depor and Athletic´s crowds have more affinity, as well as Celta and Erreala.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iparralde said:
Luis Prieto has apparently attracted interest from Depor too, and I yesterday read that Shakstar Donetsk also made an offer to him :eek: , his current contract ends in June and Athletic may have offered him a low new one. What do you know, Txupa,Inigo...?
Yes, well, according to some informations the club´s offer is lower to what he earns now, something strange taking in mind his current contract was signed when he returned after his loan in Eibar, it can´t be too high, he didn´t have experience in Primera back then.

Murillo and Prieto are too decent defencers, the first has a great future. Still, both have a problem in the air, thing that makes Valverde often play Gurpegi in the defense even though that isn´t his natural position. We don´t have a good tall defender since Zubi decided not to renew Aitor Ocio since we already had Karanka.:wallbang: Anyway, we need one tall, strong and hard defender to patner one of them (probably Murillo) and there´s one player in Bilbao Athletic who suits that description, Fernando Amorebieta, member of the "golden generation" with Llorente, Garmendia, Galdós or De Paula. It´s been rumored Amorebieta will make next preseason witht the first team, he only has one problem, gets injured too often, hope he has luck on that.

Thing is, if Athletic considers Murillo-Amorebieta will be the defense for the future it´s obvious they don´t want to renew Prieto as what he´s now, an untouchable starter, although in that case he would be a very important sub. But well, I´m sure the club and Luis will solve their differences, he´s a true Athletizale and will for sure renew even if he has better offers as long as Athletic´s offer is a decent one, he´s a lion but not stupid.

I´m also pretty sure Murillo will renew, I´m more worried about Ezquerro´s renewal who also ends contract this season.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Official lineup:

Code:
              Aranzubia

Murillo    L.Prieto  Gurpegi   Casas

Solabarrieta  Tiko  Orbaiz  Yeste

Etxebe   Llorente
I wasn´t too far, eh? some coments:

1. First decent opportunity for Solabarrieta, on the right, maybe that´s not his best position but I´m sure he´ll do well, I wish him the best, good luck Aritz!!

2. Casas starter and Del Horno in the bench. It´s not a resting thing, Asier was around a month injured and has only played the last 2 games, he´s fresh, this is a tactical decission by Valverde. And I agree, Del Horno is too offensive for away games, still I would have put him on the wing.

3. Llorente starter over Urzaiz, but this is logical since Valverde wants speed.

Irureta has chosen the following players:

Munúa, Manuel Pablo, Coloccini, Andrade, Romero; Scaloni, Sergio, Duscher, Luque; Valerón, D.Tristán.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1-1 :(

The linesmen cancelled us a goal and gave Depor a penalty, both decissions apparently correct but sad anyway, the penalty was signed like half an hour after the play, when the ball was being played.

We don´t have luck against Depor, both games this season have been unfair, in San Mamés with 1-1 and Athletic constantly attacking, in a play where Tiko hitted the post, on the counter Luque scored.:depress:

Best of the game Pablo Orbaiz´s excellent goal from out of the box with his left foot in his birthday, zorionak Pablo. Athletic outplayed Depor, had a lot of chances, gave them a football lesson but as last week against Valencia we couldn´t defend it and ended suffering.

Anyway, another good game for the lions, 8 games without loosing, with starters missing (Iraola, Ezquerro, Del Horno and Urzaiz) and some of the rookies shining, great game for Casas, Solabarrieta and Llorente, sad Aritz made that penalty since he was playing an excellent game.

The european positions places start to be a bit far, this is completely unfair, we have to beat Betis next week to put things in their place.

·
4,421 Posts
ATHLETIC – The red and white striped have tied 1-1 against Deportivo, but they should have won

A penalty indicated by Pino Zamorano has saddened Athletic's great game.

Athletic has played a good game at Riazor against the important rival that is Deportivo de La Coruña. The red and white striped have completed a good match, but once more the victory has resisted to the Basque team.

The coach of Athletic Ernesto Valverde has chosen eight young players. They have been very well positioned at the pitch.

Pablo Orbaiz has augured a good match for the team after scoring in the minute 51. But five minutes before the end of the party, the referee Pino Zamorano has indicated a penalty that Tristan has transformed.

Line-ups

Deportivo de La Coruña: Munua, Manuel Pablo (Víctor m. 56), Coloccini, Andrade, Romero, Sergio, Duscher (Munitis m. 79), Scaloni, Valeron, Luque y Tristan.

Athletic: Aranzubia, Murillo, Prieto, Gurpegui, Casas, Orbaiz, Tiko, Solabarrieta, Yeste, Etxeberria (Del Horno m. 87) y Llorente (Urzaiz m. 63).

Scores

0-1, Orbaiz m. 51.
1-1, Tristan, penalty, m. 86.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After watching the replays I think Depor was clearly favoured, I bet whatever you want the ref wouldn´t have had the balls to sign that against another rival.

The offside it´s impossible to see it even on tv, very doubtfull so it´s impossible the linesman saw it clear, and in case of doubt they know what they have to do. But the worse of all is that the offside was almost in midfield, and after all the counter-attack by Etxebe he lifts the flag when Etxebe scores, about 5 seconds later, it´s as if he was waiting to see if Joseba scored or not to lift it.

Same thing happened in the penalty, there are 20 penalties like that per game. Thing is Aranzubia got the ball and started the counter, and when Athletic was already on Depor´s half, around 5 seconds later again, the linesman goes and calls the ref, unbelievable.

Add that Athletic was the team that play better football and controlled the ball, well, we saw 7 yellow cards, some really stupid by dear Pino Zamorano.:mad: We were having a calmed season with refs, with calls in favor and against, more or less leveled, I hope we don´t start now like last season, what a casuality, just the week some media pressure group (AS-SER) starts talking shit about help from Villar to Athletic they got what they wanted.:mad: Some ratings:

Aranzubia (8): Very well, reminded of last season´s Dani, made a great save to a free kick by Luque, almost stops the penalty.

Murillo (7): As always he plays a fullback, very well in defense bad in attack, it´s probably worth for away games.

L.Prieto (7): Correct as always.

Gurpegi (8): Very well, was very useful to defend air balls.

Javi Casas (8): Very well in defense, also helped in attack.

Orbaiz (9): Controlled the game, put his rythm to every play and outplayed Depor´s midfield. Scored a brilliant goal in his birthday, zorionak Pablo! (saw his 5th yellow card won´t play against Betis).

Tiko (8): Bad in the first half, very well in the second, with power.

Solabarrieta (8): Played with a lot of intelligence, made good crosses and helped a lot in the defense, excellent except the penalty although it shouldn´t have been. He demonstrated he deserves more minutes.

Yeste (8): Sometimes it looks as if he´s out of the game but he´s always there to decide in the last meters, gave a great assist to Etxebe, and participated in the counter of the wrongly cancelled goal.

Etxeberria (7): Fought hard but missed a couple of good chances, scored a goal but the linesman hates him. (saw the 5th won´t play against Betis).

Llorente (8): Won every single air ball to players as good in the air as Andrade or Coloccini, sometimes lacked a bit of coordination with Joseba. Always created danger though.

Urzaiz (6): He needs to get the form.

Del Horno (-): Couldn´t do much.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just heard Irureta on the radio admitting Athletic was perjudiced by the ref, classy man Jabo.:thmbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts