Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are gonna crush us.:depress: Sevilla has a really good team, I'm going to have nightmares seeing Reyes, Baptista, Dario Silva, Daniel Alves, Antoñito, etc. attacking from anywhere.:dazed:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Koeman4 said:
They are gonna crush us.:depress: Sevilla has a really good team, I'm going to have nightmares seeing Reyes, Baptista, Dario Silva, Daniel Alves, Antoñito, etc. attacking from anywhere.:dazed:
Koeman youve really underlined everything. The group of players youve mentioned arnt superior to ours but team wise we cant mention them because of the incompetent Rijkaard.

I hope Iniesta is back as we looked lacking without him in attack the last two games. Seeing as Rijkaard played Gerard ahead of Xavi i feel he will select Iniesta in the first eleven if fit.

Will this be the make or break game of Rijkaard season? I doubt it, no media suggestion of a sacking so hoping to lose like ive read from some people isnt a good idea. Its a long time till Rijkaard goes IMO im afraid.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Day 21: Sunday 25/1, 19:00: Sevilla FC vs FC Barcelona

Maz said:
Koeman youve really underlined everything. The group of players youve mentioned arnt superior to ours but team wise we cant mention them because of the incompetent Rijkaard.

I hope Iniesta is back as we looked lacking without him in attack the last two games. Seeing as Rijkaard played Gerard ahead of Xavi i feel he will select Iniesta in the first eleven if fit.

Will this be the make or break game of Rijkaard season? I doubt it, no media suggestion of a sacking so hoping to lose like ive read from some people isnt a good idea. Its a long time till Rijkaard goes IMO im afraid.
Yes... but even Sevilla seems Brazil of the WC 1970 to me now. Our players individually have (or had) some ruputation, but the team is playing so bad...

The problem is that we are waiting for a 19 years-old kid to solve all our problems. Iniesta is really good, but Rijkaard is the cancer. Laporta saw the first handkerchieves yesterday night, so he has to know that he's finishing his credit. Barça supporters won't wait 1000 days.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Not only are they a good young, fast and agressive team, they are in great form right now.

I don't feel good about this one :(

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
And has anyone seen that goal last week by Baptista? Pure genius and straight off one of my Romario videos. Reyes has got to be the Spanish player of the year and then there's ex-Dream Team outsider Pablo Alfaro to kick our heads in if we do manage to attack once or twice:nasty:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Geez you guys make it seem like Sevilla are world beaters. As much as I'd like to say that I think you all are overestimating them a bit. Sevilla's defense is not as good as last season and they depend too much on Reyes (and Baptista lately). If Barcelona plays a smart, tactical game then there is a real possibility of getting a victory. Then of course it could be a rout such as the Sevilla - Madrid matches (both Real and Atletico). Sevilla is really a yo-yo team, one week they blow Real Madrid out of the water, the next they lose to Celta and Espanyol.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
What's your take on Reyes leaving Juanele and how much do you think he'd cost? He's on my shortlist for Barca next season.

Sevilla will be a tough match regardless of whether or not they are in the same form as when they beat both Madrids. I'm quite concerned about covering our flanks.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I think it would take at least 20 million euro for Reyes. They've already turned down 15 million. Reyes said today that he would leave if it is good for both him and the club so it certainly is a possibility.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Juanele1973 said:
I think it would take at least 20 million euro for Reyes. They've already turned down 15 million. Reyes said today that he would leave if it is good for both him and the club so it certainly is a possibility.
20 million euros? That's it?!?!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Juanele1973 said:
That seems slightly low in my opinion, I figured you could squeeze 25m out of Inter.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Koeman4 said:
if Julio Batista is one of the players that make Sevilla good no need to worry, he loves to carrie the ball just make cocu mark him and you will have plenty of counters

yeah but Reyes, Dario and Daniel are really good players :(

well look at the bright side the more you lose the quicker Rijkaard leaves :)

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Day 21: Sunday 25/1, 19:00: Sevilla FC vs FC Barcelona

Liternit said:
if Julio Batista is one of the players that make Sevilla good no need to worry, he loves to carrie the ball just make cocu mark him and you will have plenty of counters
I heard how he played in Brazil, but now Caparrós is making him playing as a attacking midfielder (more or less like Ronaldinho is Barcelona) and he's scoring easily. He's showing to be powerful, he arrives easily to the box and he's scored 6 goals already only in La Liga and a few more in Copa. Perhaps he's one of the biggest surprises of La Liga.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Barcelona's prbable line-up

-------------------------Valdes----------------------------

Reiziger--------Marquez--------Oleguer---------VB

------------------------------Cocu------------------------

----------------------Xavi------------Davids-------------

Ronaldinho---------------------------------Overmars

---------------------------Kluivert------------------------

Yet another change of system. I hope that Overmars does better than Luis Garcia. At least he will prevent Daniel Alves going forward.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I am pesimist before this game...The Sevilla's results in this season tells us everything....:depress: And Rijkaard didnt change anything..One more time 8 players in defensive...This game wont be great for us :depress: Only there is a hope that we team plays really bad they are making magnificent results (one year ago with Mallorca 0-4, with Serra Ferrer with Tenerife 1-6)...Nevetheless i want Rijkaard to be sucked so only lose can save Barça from that anti-coach...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Barcelona's prbable line-up

-------------------------Valdes----------------------------

Reiziger--------Marquez--------Oleguer---------VB

------------------------------Cocu------------------------

----------------------Xavi------------Davids-------------

Ronaldinho---------------------------------Overmars

---------------------------Kluivert------------------------

Yet another change of system. I hope that Overmars does better than Luis Garcia. At least he will prevent Daniel Alves going forward.
I dont think Ronaldinho will be as successful on that side. Rijkaard has to go as no one knows where to play or has a good understanding as its just musical chairs all season

Angel> Did you sort out your Spanish Digital viewing?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Maz said:
I dont think Ronaldinho will be as successful on that side. Rijkaard has to go as no one knows where to play or has a good understanding as its just musical chairs all season

Angel> Did you sort out your Spanish Digital viewing?
I haven't yet but it works :happy: . A friend of mine had the same problem and he bought the matrix reloaded ( :rolleyes: :D ) cam, and it has reloaded :D.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts