Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DERBY!!:cool: Today at 10.

Many injuries; Del Horno, Bordas, Urzaiz, (hasn´t recovered for the game) Arriaga and Javi Casas.

This is the list for this game, 19 players since Prieto and Iraola are doubt:

Aranzubia, Lafuente

César, Lacruz, Murillo, Luis Prieto, Karanka, Javi González, Iraola, Felipe.

Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Tiko, Yeste, Jonan, Guerrero.

Etxeberria, Ezquerro, Llorente.

With both Asier and Javi out we have a problem in the left back, I have the impression Txingurri doesn´t have it very clear since he´s called all the players who could play there: Lacruz, César, Javi González, Felipe, Karanka. I think he should have been a bit more brave to call Jon Moya who is doing well with Bilbao Athletic.

Taking in mind we play in San Mamés and knowing how much Valverde likes offensive fullbacks I think he´ll play Javi Glez as long as he is fit for the game after the injury, he seemed a bit slow in the minutes he played against Lanzarote. He played a good number of games with Heynckens in that position and did well, he´s with Felipe the one who has more experience there. If not, I suppose he´ll play César who always does his job and centers well (important playing with Llorente) although it´s not the same to play on the right or the left for a limited player as him. El Correo puts Karanka as starting leftback (only left footed) but I don´t want to think about it, if he´s too slow to play in the center, in the wing....:scared:

The other new is that Llorente is going to start again, we had the doubt but since Isma hasn´t recovered it´s clear now. I hope to play 3 games in 6 days isn´t too much for him, let´s see if he can keep the fantastic level of the 2 last games.

In Osasuna everything normal, no injuries as far as I know, only Izquierdo sanctioned (Exposito will play). Funny thing is that we always have to play Osasuna with the pitch in bad condition, probably the only team in la liga which is more benefited by it than us due to their football style.:wallbang:

Probable lineups:

Athletic

....................Aranzubia

Iraola(?)......Murillo....Prieto(?)....Javi González(?)

.................Gurpegi....Tiko

Etxeberria..........Yeste........Ezquerro

...............Fernando Llorente

Osasuna

.......................Elía

Exposito...Josetxo...Cruchaga...Clavero

Valdo....Patxi Puñal...P.García....Moha

..............Morales....Webó

·
4,421 Posts
ATHLETIC-OSASUNA – Both teams are playing the Basque derby next Saturday at San Mames

Fernando Llorente could have another chance replacing Urzaiz owing to his ankle damage.

Both in final quarters, Athletic and Osasuna are playing the Basque derby in the 20th day of the League at San Mames at 10:00 p.m. They will try to win in order to jump to European positions.

The coach Ernesto Valverde is not sure about Ismael Urzaiz's recovery, as he injured his left ankle in the first leg against Lanzarote. Urzaiz's position could be filled by the sensational new young player Fernando Llorente, who will have another chance to show his best.

As regards the team from Navarre, player Iñaki Muñoz could be playing.

Possible line-up

Athletic: Aranzubia; Javi Gonzalez, Murillo, Prieto, Casas; Orbaiz, Gurpegui; Etxeberria, Yeste, Ezquerro and Llorente.

Osasuna: Elia; Exposito, Cruchaga, Josetxo, Clavero; Valdo, Puñal, Pablo Garcia, Moha; Webo and Morales.

Referee: Esquinas Torres
Stadium: San Mames
Time: 10:00 p.m.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally looks like Iraola isn´t at 100% and will start in the bench, let´s see who makes the crosses for Llorente.. Apparently Murillo is going to play in the right and Lacruz in the center. On Osasuna Valdo has dissapeared from the list, a last moment injury I suppose, David López takes his place.

Official lineups:

.................Aranzubia

Murillo.....Lacruz.....L.Prieto....Javi González

.............Orbaiz.....Gurpegi

Etxeberria.......Yeste.........Ezquerro

...................Llorente

.......................Elía

Exposito...Josetxo...Cruchaga...Clavero

D.López....P.Puñal....P.García....Moha

............Webó....Morales

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
4-3 FT
what a game!! :eek: one of the best game i've ever seen!! :party:
yeste is phenomenal,his free-kick was perfect! :thmbup:
and great coaching from valverde both guerrero and tiko scored :thmbup:
i'm really happy fot athletic,great win!! :thmbup:

·
4,421 Posts
Athletic fight back to win Osasuna 4-3 in 30 minutes dream

Athletic Bilbao beat Osasuna 4-3 after rallying from a three-goal deficit.

Athletic Bilbao came from 3-0 down to secure a dramatic 4-3 home victory over mid-table rivals Osasuna, who are also chasing a UEFA Cup spot. First 60 minutes nightmare turned into wonderful dream after the sad crowd dreamed of the overcome with the first goal and cheered and went crazy as the dream became true.

Uruguay midfielder Pablo Garcia gave Osasuna the lead in the 15th minute when he avoided several attempted tackles before curling the ball home from the edge of the penalty area. Osasuna doubled its advantage in the 48th minute when striker Pierre Webo stooped to head home a cross from the right by full back Unai Exposito, with midfielder Patxi Punal powering a long-range free kick to add the third goal in the 56th.

But Athletic's inspirational Spanish playmaker Francisco Yeste dragged them back into the match by notching two goals in four minutes just after the hour, including a curling 25-metre free kick that sailed into the top right hand corner of the net.

Substitute Roberto "Tiko" Martinez sidefooted Bilbao's equalizer with six minutes remaining and another substitute, former Spain midfielder Julen Guerrero, crowned the comeback with the fourth goal in the 90th.

Yeste was ejected in injury time after receiving his second yellow card. Bilbao, which extended its unbeaten league run to six matches, rose to seventh with 29 points, while Osasuna dropped to ninth place with 28.

Starting eleven

Athletic Club, 4: Aranzubia, Murillo, Lacruz (Iraola, min.46), Prieto, Javi Gonzalez; Orbaiz (Tiko, min.81), Gurpegui; Etxeberria, Yeste, Ezquerro (Guerrero, min.81); and Llorente.

Osasuna, 3: Elia, Expósito, Josetxo, Cruchaga, Clavero, David Lopez (Muñoz, min.65), Pablo Garcia, Puñal, Moha (Ortiz, min.84), Webo (Aloisi, min.78) and Morales.

Goals:

0-1, Pablo Garcia min. 15.
0-2, Webo min. 48.
0-3, Puñal min. 56.
1-3, Yeste min. 60.
2-3, Yeste min. 65.
3-3, Tiko min. 83.
4-3, Guerrero min. 89.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
What a game! The second half was incredible, pure football! I also feel happy for Julen, scoring the decisive goal... For a change, watching football was a big entertainment yesterday :thmbup:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Wow, I couldn't believe my eyes... was watching the world speed skating championships in Salt Lake on TV, but I looked every time on teletext for the score during the game... and then, coming back from 0-3 to 4-3, great! Couldn't believe my eyes... not the first time this season :D.
Hopefully I'll see a summary somewhere soon, aupa Athletic!!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Amazing stuff! I can see Athletic making a Champions League spot this year, they are hitting a nice form in a crucial part of the season.

·
Registered
556 Posts
One of the of the most exciting games of the season :eekani: Both teams had ups and downs, Osasuna was the better side for one hour, not brilliant but controlling the game and denying Athletic play. But after that, what can you say? What a comeback!! :thmbup:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
AUPA ATHLETIC!! :thmbup:

what a result there...that's called real spirit! :fero: By the way, does anyone have goal clips from that game? I really want to see it :sweeteye: Julen Guerrero is still alive! :boxing:

·
Registered
542 Posts
I can only smile... :happy: :happy: :happy:

If they keep doing this (1-7, 6-0, etc) the smile on my face is going to roll all the way back around my neck quite a few times!!

AUPA ATHLETIC!!!

Does anyone feel we're up to something this year or is it only me being too much of a fan, ie not very objective (look at my predictions in the PL :rolleyes: )?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Just saw the match in short on Eurogoals, some great goals, a great atmosphere and a great... comeback off course :D.

Best goal was from Patxi Puñal I think, but also Yeste's free kick was magnificent. Also great to see the party in the crowd after Julen's winner!

What was the message on the Unicef kit btw?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What can I say? The definition of a perfect game, a comeback with an impressing San Mamés and Julen scoring the winning goal in the last minutes, can I ask more? well, probably another rival, I´m sorry for Osasuna, but well, Saturday´s game was magical.

The game was won by San Mamés, I don´t know if we have the best stadium (in terms of atmosphere) in the world but if it isn´t it can´t be for much. Our players failed against Aguirre´s perfect tactical system, (with a bit of help from the ref to his player´s hardness) but the fans never stopped supporting, probably the stadium had noisiest moments during the 0-3, a constant cheering. In other stadiums with a 0-3 all you would hear would´ve been whistles and people leaving. Every corner, every chance, every free kick was celebrated as if it was the final of the CL. Amazing connection between the fans and the players, the cathedral pushed the team to the victory, and while the goals came one after another, from Yeste´s class, to Guerrero´s heart:proud: passing through Tiko´s definition, Osasuna´s players passed from a perfect game to don´t know what was happening around them, they didn´t see the ball, just 11 lions with hunger of victory and 35000 crazy fans pushing them to it, hau da gure estiloa!:cool:

It´s impossible to talk about tactics on this game, just heart, blood, motivation, hunger, magic... but from a tactical perspective it´s clear Osasuna was superior to Athletic at least during 60 minutes, Aguirre´s tactical proposal was perfect from my point of view but what he didn´t expect was the wave of football his players were going to suffer. I´m sad for Osasuna, I hope this doesn´t affect them, if they continue playing as on Saturday they´re going to win a lot of games, they played very well. Their goals were all great, I especially like Webó´s, much more difficult than what it looks like.

This games deserves some points:;)

Aranzubia (6): I don´t think he could do more in the first 2 goals but I do think he could´ve done more in third. Starting by the fact that it´s him who decides if there´s wall or not, and he didn´t put it. And secondly, the ball goes very hard, difficult, but it doesn´t go too high, I think it´s stoppable.

Murillo (7): Very well in defense, but this team suffers a lot when the wingbacks don´t attack (playing home) we all know that Murillo isn´t a great attacker so it´s more Valverde´s fault than his.

Javi González (6): He´s out of form, a bit fat I think. But he was constantly encouraging his teammates and I think he was important for the comeback.

Lacruz (6): Another who´s out of form, and he ended injured in his knee again, I hope it isn´t much.:(

Luis Prieto (7): Correct as always.:D

Orbaiz (6): He constantly tried it but Pablo García won him the battle.

Gurpegi (7): Bad 60 minutes but his heart to steal balls in the last minutes deserve a mention.

Etxeberria (9): He isn´t at his best but he ends all the games giving 101%, el gallo es mucho gallo, fantastic Joseba!

Yeste (9): Magic, his second goal is the definition of a perfect free kick. But unfortunately his head doesn´t work as well as his feet, that red card in the end was stupid.

Ezquerro (6): The bad state of the pitch isn´t for him, he suffers a lot under this condition.

Llorente (9): He participated in the 4 goals, fought with the defenders during the 90 minutes in his 3rd game in 6 days, ended exhausted, aupa Fernando!

Iraola (9): Andoni is a crack, he entered on half time even though he wasn´t at 100% but he was vital for the comeback. He´s a leader and the best right back in the league, that assists to Llorente in the third and especially to Julen in the 4th...great!

Tiko (9): He needed that goal, I hope he gets confidence from now on.

Julen Guerrero (10): What can I say?:proud: Easy goal and whatever you want but he was there to score it, Julen has magic. I´m so happy for him, he deserves this and much more, I hope this gives him confidence and he can be important again for the team. What an extasis when he scored the winning goal! He has scored goals goals that have saved us from relegation, goals that have qualified us for Europe, goals that have made us pass rounds in cup and uefa and important goals as yesterday´s but I´m sure his most important goal still has to come, we´ll win a title and Julen will be protagonist.:hopefull:

Eskerrik Asko Athletic!

We´ll do something important this year, I smell it!!!:fero::D

El Correo´s images don´t work.:(

More here:
http://www.athletic-club.net/ampliar.asp?noticia=2686&idi=1

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Knoert said:
What was the message on the Unicef kit btw?
Didn´t see it, but I suppose it was part of the Athletic Bihotzez Asiarekin, for the victims of the tsunami.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts