Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing with the lucky threads:D the game is today at 8 pm.

That means the game will end around 10 and I don´t want to know what will be the temperature in Soria at that hour, they could have put the game at 6, the lions are gonna freeze!:D Well, we play next week in Canarias (Lanzarote) so they´ll have time to recover.:cool:

Yeste is out, he saw the 5th yellow card against Mallorca. I don´t know if Valverde is going to play the home 4-2-3-1 or the away 4-4-2 since Numancia is too defensive (they play with 5 defenders even in home games) so I think the game will be played as if it was in San Mamés, even more taking in mind the large amount of Athletizales travelling today to Soria.;)

The newspapers give the 4-2-3-1 as the possible one with Tiko entering for Yeste as playmaker/forward with Urzaiz as striker. If Valverde decides to play the 4-4-2 I suppose it would be Arriaga who would enter for Yeste in the left wing, or Ezquerro would be moved there and Urzaiz would partner Etxebe in the attack.

On Numancia, the new of the week has been Lee Chun Soo´s problems to leave Korea, apparently he has some militar service still to be done and they didn´t let him leave, fortunately for him he´s already in Soria. But all this delay will probably take him away from the starting lineup, also the former Athletic player Carlos Merino will probably start the game in the bench. Tarantino has only trained a couple of days and the coach hasn´t included him in the list, same as their other signing "Pulpo" González.

I expect a boring game (Numancia playing defensively and Athletic not playing too well due to the cold and the hard field) but I expect our players class will give us the victory thanks to an individuality, from Ezquerro for example. But we can´t be too confident, look what has happened to us this season against Getafe or Albacete...:eek: BTW, Lee hasn´t scored yet since he arrived to Erreala:eek: and he says he wants to score his first goal against us, hope not!

Probable lineups:

C.D. Numancia: Juanma, Juanpa, Antonio, Jaime Molina, Ochoa, Graff; Pablo Sanz; Pineda, Tevenet, Juanlu; Osorio.

Athletic Club: Aranzubia; Iraola, Murillo, Prieto, Del Horno; Orbaiz, Gurpegui; Etxeberria, Tiko, Ezquerro; Urzaiz.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As a Korean, I really want to see Lee score! :fero:

Recently, he told to Korean press that he suffered some injuries after the games, but he just kept it secret because he wanted play in the pitch. :nervous: About the military problem, Lee is already exempt from the military duty, because our former president decide to do that when Korea reached semi finals in WC02. So, that's not a really big deal. ;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seolkihyun said:
Recently, he told to Korean press that he suffered some injuries after the games, but he just kept it secret because he wanted play in the pitch. :nervous: About the military problem, Lee is already exempt from the military duty, because our former president decide to do that when Korea reached semi finals in WC02. So, that's not a really big deal. ;)
What I´ve read is that he´s exempt but he still has to do some comunity service and that´s what has bring him problems.

Anyway, the game could be a bit delayed since the field is freezed (who decided they had to play at 8:mad: ) and they´re throwing salt and painting the lines pink.

We have official lineups, Arriaga plays, in the end Valverde has decided to continue with the 4-4-2 that´s working away, hope it continues. Now it´ll be interesting to see who has the ball since both teams will start with a counter tactic.:D

...................Aranzubia

Murillo......Gurpegi.....L.Prieto....Del Horno

Iraola.........Tiko....Orbaiz.......Arriaga

............Etxebe.....Ezquerro

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Halftime:

Numancia 0-1 Athletic

0-1 Del Horno 47´

Del Horno has scored in a corner, there are a lot of protests because it has been scored in the second minute of overtime when the ref had given only 1, so we´ve been favoured this time.

The game is ok, Athletic dominated the first 20 minutes or so and had good chances, then the chances were for Numancia and Athletic pushed hard again in the last minutes. Let´s see what happens in the second half but we have to take something from here, Numancia is a weak team.

One of the areas (where Athletic has attacked) is completely white and they´ve painted the lines pink, it´s funny to see it on tv, all green and a white piece of pitch. :D

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Final Time: Numancia 1-1 Athletic

0-1 Del Horno 47´
1-1 Tevenet 65´

The second half started well but Athletic missed some good chances and Numancia didn´t, mistake by Dani btw. From there on the game didn´t have much, only a FK from Numancia saved by Dani and a kick by Jonan saved by a defender. The score is probably fair, today´s Athletic wasn´t the football machine of the last games, something difficult on the other hand due to the weather and field conditions.

Anyway, 1pt isn´t too bad although I had the impresion that just by fighting a bit we wouldn´t have had problems to win. Anyway, now 2 games home (Espanyol & Osasuna) a good opportunity to continue improving in the table.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts